Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 96 of 134 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106 ... LastLast
    Like Tree20Likes

Say Hello

This is a discussion on Say Hello within the General chat forums, part of the Community channel category; Hi everyone, Just joined the forum today. Long time Sky TV user (since 1994 IIRC). I'm in Stirling, Central Scotland, ...

Julesandsand is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: ESSTN
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Say Hello

Hi everyone,

Just joined the forum today. Long time Sky TV user (since 1994 IIRC). I'm in Stirling, Central Scotland, was with Plus Net for BB, changed to Xilo this month (C&W LLU at my exchange) and may change to Sky BB if Anytime+ is good.

2. Advertisement
      rafkid is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01225
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Hello All, I am Sky's latest frustrated new customer.................Sagem router and no VPN to my home network, or any of my home websites as yet - blagh! Why did I ever leave BT to be in technical support hell???? This site and the contents are brilliant, well done one and all for all the quality information I have found so far in the last hour. I now know from here that there is a solution, whereas my half hour with Sky technical support this morning told me absolutely nothing. I know that I should have read the terms and conditions before I signed up btw. In mitigation who would have thought that Sky would have such a restrictive locked down router on offer? I am actually amazed at how backward the approach they are adopting is. Anyway I did not come into this little thread to whine, I can do that elsewhere - my bad, and I apologise.

I actually came here to say "hello" -

lgrenter is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01443
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Thanks

Hi all, i am in the process of moving bb and phone to sky from bt (due on 27 sept). have been a sky tv subscriber since the year it started! I am married with 4 kids, a dog(woof!!!!), and am a primary school teacher. we all use the net, son is an avid xbox gamer(i dabble too), moving over to save some cash as bt was costing 145 a quarter!!! been using the web since the old Wanadoo days (sigh!), am impressed with help i have seen on these forums and glad to see the majority dont use it as a moaning site! hope to meet u all on here in the future xxxxx

peppered is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Hi all - just joined but have had sky bb for about three years with - wait for it - absolutely no probs at all! OH and I run a PSP, two DS', a Wii, two laptops and a desktop all through the wireless without every a glitch (once we managed to change to WEP for the Wii, that is!)

Joined to ask a few nagging questions!

meerkatt is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Mid/Everyday
      Thanks

Hi
      I have been a customer of sky for a few years now and apart from it being slow (not sky's fault I live 5km from the exchange and BT used cheap copper cabling) everything is OK. My only niggle is the smtp block as I have emails on my own domain name.
      Nice to meet you all though.

antoine106 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01376
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Hello there everyone,
      Have just joined SKY and have gone past of the point of caring how its gone so far. Anyway, that's for elsewhere. Have looked around this site and impressed with the help and suggestions offered on various issues. All the best.

mr_vic is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Thanks

Hi there.

I have joined this group because of recently switching from Virgin to Sky broadband.

I'm hoping you guys can assist me in keeping my blueyonder email address but sending emails via the sky smtp.

Look forward to meeting you all!

Mr_Vic

sk1234 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Thanks

Hey im 20 love sky and better than virgin (although i have vigin broadband lol) and ive got a problem before i ask i want to say how do you create a new thread?
      the reason im asking is because i cant change my sky hd box to hd its on scart all the time and i cant change it to hd. I try to change it via the picture settings to 1080i and then it says output changed but it dont actually change i go to hdmi 1 and its not coming on its saying no signal the hdmi works tryed it on my ps3 tv works properly nothing wrong and the day i bought it, it ways working on hdmi then the day it changed to scart was very frustating i havent contacted sky yet (cba lol) but any way to change it? ive got to go now sorry for not being to much detailed im in a hurry

simonmpoulton is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Chester Central
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sk1234 View Post
      Hey im 20 love sky and better than virgin (although i have vigin broadband lol) and ive got a problem before i ask i want to say how do you create a new thread?
      the reason im asking is because i cant change my sky hd box to hd its on scart all the time and i cant change it to hd. I try to change it via the picture settings to 1080i and then it says output changed but it dont actually change i go to hdmi 1 and its not coming on its saying no signal the hdmi works tryed it on my ps3 tv works properly nothing wrong and the day i bought it, it ways working on hdmi then the day it changed to scart was very frustating i havent contacted sky yet (cba lol) but any way to change it? ive got to go now sorry for not being to much detailed im in a hurry
      Go into the relevant forum to your issue and press the Blue box marked "New Thread"

Pace SKY HD With Seagate Pipeline HD 2TB

ThatDude is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Thanks

Hi, I'm not a Sky user nor a UK resident, but I receive humiliating, threatening and spam from a sky user from london, I e-mailed the Sky Abuse Team with his name and the mails he keeps sending to me, they replied and said we will investigate that, but nothing changed, he still till today sending me threats, I tried to block him, but everytime he create new emails...

and not only in mails, in twitter too, he impersonates me and insults my followers.

so I found no other solution than coming here... please help.

Page 96 of 134 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106 ... LastLast