Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 67 of 134 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117 ... LastLast
    Like Tree20Likes

Say Hello

This is a discussion on Say Hello within the General chat forums, part of the Community channel category; Hello! I'm Andrew - have joined the forum as just want to check a few details on my broadband router ...

WelshBoa is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Glantawe
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Say Hello

Hello!

I'm Andrew - have joined the forum as just want to check a few details on my broadband router which I will post about later. Been with Sky a few years now - got Sky Max and always get excellent speeds, 2 x Sky+ boxes and Multiroom. Want to get HD but am not prepared to pay the exorbitant set up fees just yet! Overall pleased with the Broadband but have found their customer service shocking at times and the 0870 numbers need to go.

Anyway, looks a very informative forum so sure I will find my answers.

2. Advertisement
      TheTruth is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

hello,

just joined, been meaning to for quite some time but iv finally got round to it.
      I work for Sky in the BB tech support dept.

reason i joined is because im sick of the [removed] the sky spout to its customers also there is alot going on with is causing and will cause issues for you all.

i will try to help as much as i can and i intend to provide as much info and warning as possible on major things.

i am not the enemy!
      Last edited by Saturday; 27-11-08 at 11:45 AM. Reason: Removed offensive word

Steven_Belfast is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Virgin
      Thanks

Hello all

Just a quick one to say hi ,
      Site and forums looking good ,

As for the sky user gaming side not seem then in a bit not been playing much games these days :-(

2shay is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Mid
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Thanks

HI all I'm shane I've been using sky broadband mid for a couple of months and have had no problems until recently, where my download and upload speed have plummeted, hope to grab some info from this great site

kosmo65 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Thanks

hi
      my names les.

i have come here because im flipping fuming, sky are the most useless bunch of _____s
      in the last 6 months they have taken over twice the subscription amount from my bank without telling me first, slammed my phone and internet from bt, i spent 47 minutes getting it sorted out last month and credits raised onto my account only to find they have taken all the credit from the sky account this month and sent me a snotty letter telling my if i dont pay them the 3.43 i now owe them within the next 7 days they will restrict my viewing.
      i have phoned 4 times today getting non english speaking people the first one (after 25 minutes) said he couldnt help me and would put me through to billing, then cut me off. GRRRR, i phoned back asked to be put through to billing another 14 minutes of explaining later got put through to sales, sales then tried to connect me to billing BUT NO CUT ME OFF INSTEAD. then i tried again third time lucky and all that third person had trouble pronouncing his own name let alone mine (gave up on him).
      left it an hour to calm down tried again got another non english speaking person went through the whole explaining thing again put on hold then put on hold (37 minutes by now) came back and said he couldnt help me and would most definitely put me through to billing, put me through to a, hi your through to sky blah blah blah, after 25 minutes of that guff, my head hurt, my veins bursting and my urge to drive the 300/400 miles to scotland and start a big fire in skys offices overwhelming i gave up.
      my relationship with sky will be coming to an end in the new year after about 10 years.
      my fight with them will now commence via subject access request (writing it now) to obtain statements notes etc then court action.
      im not sure if im in the right place, reading some of your posts you all seem to be pro sky (maybe they just dont like me)

Saturday is offline Sky User Super Mod
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kosmo65 View Post
      reading some of your posts you all seem to be pro sky
      Hi, and welcome to the forum

We have a huge number of members and some like Sky, some don't. As you'd expect, those that have a trouble free service are more pro than those that haven't. Most members haven't had any major problems with Sky, so I guess that's why they're happy.

We're not beholden to Sky in any way and welcome all comments, positive and negative. All we ask, if the latter, is that members don't abuse others or use language that would offend e.g. swearing.

rabmc is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

hi,

just signed up to the forum, i'm sure this place will become a useful resource to me....!

Think i'll be doing quite a bit of reading on the forum before i start posting....

cheers

Len_Brenan is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Granton
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Hi

This look like a fantastic resource, had a few questions to ask but a few hours browsing and I have them all answered, plus a few I hadn't thought of. Hope to become an active member, looking to do a bit of home networking so will let you know how that goes.

Cheers

anthonyhancock is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Hi!

Migrated to Sky Connect yesterday. Thought I would look you guys up this morning and see what is happening on Skyuser.

Impressed so far, will take a steady look around and make my contribution/s in the near future.

Regards to all!

Stu2405 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Bicester
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagemcom 2504N
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Hello To All.

Im a dad of 3 and 33 years old.......... Great Ste and im looking forward to getting involved.