Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 63 of 134 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113 ... LastLast
    Like Tree20Likes

Say Hello

This is a discussion on Say Hello within the General chat forums, part of the Community channel category; Interesting, I assume though that the dish would have to have at least a dual lnb to get over the ...

dholdi is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: LCRIB
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Say Hello

Interesting, I assume though that the dish would have to have at least a dual lnb to get over the problems discussed here ?
      http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/sky/2...-into-two.html

2. Advertisement
      Woodster is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01442
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

This bit of kit is designed for use on communal systems using Multiswitchers. The LNB should be a Quattro type, not quad. A quattro lnb o/p's 1 polarity down each cable to the switch whereas a quad is basicly 4 single universal lnb's on 1 feedhorn. The way the SCR works is to only select the transponder required instead of the whole polarity. The software in the stb allows you to set 2 channels for use with the scr system. The SCR o/p's 4 channels so the smart splitter can run 4 seperate sky feeds to 2 sky+ or HD stb's. Of course there are stacker/destacker options available, but these can be very problematic on anything over a 10mtr straight CT100 cable run, tho' they are getting better!!!

DennyGirl is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0121
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Thanks

Hi everyone
      I'm a bit annoyed as I have been taken in but the Sky Digital Warranty.I paid by my bank card and the payment has already been taken out 59.99.The offer was pay 12 month and 15 month warranty.I fully believed i was talking to Sky.I even ask him what about my excisting Direct debt he said just cancel.I wentinto my bank statements and realised I had already renewed my Warrenty automaticly with sky.So i I phoned sky and they said they already knew about it.it seems everyone did except me.So I phone Sky Digtal warrenty and a woman gave me an e-mail for refund.I sent 2 e-mails without no reply.I have 1 week before my warrenty becomes active.
      I think my next move is to put it in writing but not sure where to send it.The service office in liverpool or the registered office in london.I wish Sky had made me aware of this company as I have been with them for many years.Any 1 got any idea's please.
      Dnny

Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Woodster View Post
      This product will get upto 4 seperate sky feeds on one cable!!
      Single Cable Router and Smart Splitter
      Woodster, as this bit of kit woulld require a major change to the existing system and the consequenses of stuffing up all the other communual users would be high if you were not a competent engineer, I would suggest that they do not aquire one of these and fit it themselves

Remember you are speaking directly to an end customer here, I'm sure you wouldn't want one of yours trying to install this on a system you have fitted (although it is a good way to get a service charge)

To to OP:-
      It may be worth trying to get hold of the installers of the equipment (maybe the management have their details) there may be a spare feed at the head end that they could run another cable to or even a feed at the LNB depending on how it's ran.

Woodster is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01442
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Smithy99 View Post
      Woodster, as this bit of kit woulld require a major change to the existing system and the consequenses of stuffing up all the other communual users would be high if you were not a competent engineer, I would suggest that they do not aquire one of these and fit it themselves

Remember you are speaking directly to an end customer here, I'm sure you wouldn't want one of yours trying to install this on a system you have fitted (although it is a good way to get a service charge)

To to OP:-
      It may be worth trying to get hold of the installers of the equipment (maybe the management have their details) there may be a spare feed at the head end that they could run another cable to or even a feed at the LNB depending on how it's ran.

I would definatly recomend that this bit of kit was proffessionaly installed, but it does not affect any other users on the system (Other than during installation) as the SCR maintains the original 4 feeds from the switch.

ddga52 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Hi newbie Del here and have been married over 39yrs to the lovely Lin, who has just paid for my recent trip (for my 60th) to Toronto.Have 2 boys? well one is 39 and the other 37.

Not a good way to start my time on here has just had to report my phone line down :-(
      BD works but no dialing tone.Had this when with BT and know it is the line, how long to fix?
      anyone had this problem and what can I do ease the pain and help things along, please.

TheSedated is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01989
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Say Hello

Hello All

I am relatively new to Sky, only been with Sky for 3 months now!

I am with Sky Broadband Connect as Ross-on-Wye does not have any Sky Services, am wondering and pondering when they will, as I would like to have Sky Broadband Max.

I had a Baby Girl on the 8th of September and am a Proud new Daddy.

Have a great evening!

googleme is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Thanks

^^^^^^

Congrats on being a new Daddy, is it your 1st child ?

Same here I am in a connect only area, I would love to have sky in my exchange.

BTW Hello and welcome.

MarkMK is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Milton Keynes
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Thanks

Hi
      As per pm from signing up.

So Hello

A very unhappy customer from Tiscali migrating to Sky Max on friday , hope i don't have any problems

Regards
      Mark

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Welcome aboard, if you do, you're in the right place.
      ~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~