Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 57 of 134 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107 ... LastLast
    Like Tree20Likes

Say Hello

This is a discussion on Say Hello within the General chat forums, part of the Community channel category; Hello all: About to say join Sky, so thought I would have a look here. First read about this Board ...

tooseyboy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: EACLN
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Say Hello

Hello all:

About to say join Sky, so thought I would have a look here. First read about this Board when reading a post from Ged on Thinkbroadband, like what I have seen on here.

2. Advertisement
      lizziefrench is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Whitchurch
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Hi
      I am new to Sky and Routers, Hope ime in the right place .
      I havnt yet got broadband package, waiting for the phone to activate.
      Can someone tell me about these Routers, how big are they, how they work between 2 PC's
      thank you

CyberDrac is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Gillingham
      Broadband ISP: Sky Mid/Everyday
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Hi, I'm Rob 'CyberDrac' King, I am in the process of ordering my Sky package and as an avid gamer I was googling for information on how good Sky was for gamers. Until now I had been with Multiplay's ADSL for Gamers, but despite lovely pings (ping of 9 to my clan server) and superb customer service (knowing the MD personally) I had to cut out some of the luxuries in my life and resort to something less 'gaming orientated'.

I came across this site during my googling and found the thread on setting max delay levels and am very glad that I did, you can imagine the angst I would have suffered going from pings of 9 to pings of 80+.

It's always nice to know that there is somewhere to go to get to know the ins and outs of a new company and all the hints and tips for getting the best out of their service.

Happy Fragging

CyberDrac

Meemo is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01723
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hi I'm Meemo, just switched to Sky from Pipex waiting for free broadband.....

this forum has already helped me and I've only been a member a few hours!!

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Welcome aboard all.
      ~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Apocalyptic Spirit is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Middleton
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Hey, i'm Chris.

After almost 2 years of putting up with BT, the Home Hub and a horrible signal with Freeview, i'm completely switching to Sky.

An installer came round on Friday and installed the Mini-Dish etc(which is working flawlessly so far ) and should be switched to Sky Talk and Sky Broadband within a week or so.
      The installer was great, just hope Sky's Customer Service is the same, if I ever need it

awyrdef is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Chester South
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hello all.

Currently in the process of installing Sky Broadband. Have lived reasonably happily with a 512kb line for the past six or seven years, so looking forward to mind-blowing 4.5-5mb speeds when the new one goes live, which I gather is the fastest I can hope for. I have the luxury of two phone lines, so will have both connections working in parallel for a few weeks at least. It will be interesting to see how they compare.

I must admit to being puzzled by the anguish expressed by people who have seen their speeds drop from 16mbps to 14mbps or whatever due to the DLM trial. No-one I have read says what practical problem this causes them.

EDIT: Forgot to say, I am very pleased to have found this site. I've learned a lot already and am very impressed by the quality of the advice and information on offer. I raise my hat to those very dedicated individuals who put their time and effort into helping other people.
      Last edited by awyrdef; 16-06-08 at 03:06 PM. Reason: wanted to add more info

hushthevoices is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: GRL-RH
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Hi all

Been using Sky Max for around 6 months or so after defecting from Pipex (just before it became Tiscalli) and been really happy with it, until recently, when my d/l and u/l speed dropped considerably due to this reprofilling, which has really got my goat.

Anyhoo, I've been on here once or twice and thought it was about time I said hello

So..... Hello

BlueSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Liverpool Royal
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Soon to be Sky customer dropping in to say "hi!".

perkypink is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01323
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

hiya, i am new to this site, as i can;t get to grips with computers very well!. My name is perkypink and i am a mom of two girls. I am a ebayer. I need some help with the laptop my daughter uses though.

Mt daughter crashed her laptop, I have installed windows xp professional (no coa) on her laptop (old toshiba portege) and installed the netgear pc card, but i cant get it to connect to the internet. Netgear wg511v2 card goes green (connect to sky). Connect to wireless connection. Then I open internet excplorer and it says web page not available offline. so i press connect and dial up connection comes up - connect to broadband and then the username autoimatically comes up and the password comes up automatically and then it says something about a phone number and now i am so frustrated, i feel like throwing it out the window. I needed this some help, so my daughter can connect to her msn through this laptop, so i can get some work done. Yours anxiously waiting