Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 44 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast
    Like Tree20Likes

Say Hello

This is a discussion on Say Hello within the General chat forums, part of the Community channel category; ...Wave Goodbye (for all those eighties kids out there, jokes probably been done before so sorry if it has). Soft ...

theboylard is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Great Oakley
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Say Hello

...Wave Goodbye (for all those eighties kids out there, jokes probably been done before so sorry if it has).

Soft Cell, Marc Almond - all those stories

Anyway, greetings to all.

I've done something that I thought I'd never do - I've signed up to Sky!
      I've lost count of the number of times that I've told friends etc. that Sky will never have a place in my house, the kids watch too much telly, it's a rip off, free on Freeview blah, blah!!!

But, having had all of nthell's services, then kicked them out because they are carp, then finding other ISP's were fairly similar, went back to ntl for the broadband and now fed up watching my speeds slow to a crawl I started looking elsewhere.

On checking samknows I see that Sky had unbundled my exchange.

We used to supply Easynet as an account years ago (they nicked a Sun E450 server from us, dodgy gets!) when I worked in London Village so I felt reasonably comfortable with them knowing their network.

So on looking at bits and bobs I find that for the full 6 mixes (no sport or movies), Sky+ box, jellybone and broadband for 31 per month, with upfront cost of 129.
      But it gets better! Sign up online and get a tenner credit - ok, always happy to do that.
      If you look at quidco though, brand new customers only can get 135 for signing up

So, get shot of ntl at last (VM desperate, they rang me up today offering 4mb for 17.50!!), keep the BT line (just in case I want to move provider), get telly that the kids will think I'm a god for, get Sky One so may be the missus will treat me to sum luvvin' and I get broadband that might actually work when I want it too plus I'm making 16 profit!!!

Happy days

I'll be sure to post more as and when the services go live (TV install is this Sunday), but so far the experience is not bad.

2. Advertisement
      Monday is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWHAY
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Jeez some of you lot are older than i expected no offeence.

I wont tell you my age but let me tell u this i am ALOT younger than all of you on here but dont worry i'm old enough to go on forms .

Lets see i moved from Ukonline mainly cause of the crappy ADSL modem they sent me (the USB didnt like the modem kept get the blue screen of death).

And sky was cheaper lool also i have been a loyal sky (tuv) customer for..well since they got there TV licene (basically when they formed)

I come here on these forums cause i have problems with the SKY BB mid sometimes and cause its one of the best forums out there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No really i mean to have fifty of sixty people viewing one forum is really something. I doubt newreader dosent go to bed with a Smile of his face knowing what an amazing site this os .

My parent dont know anything when it comes to SNR line ATT etc...they always blame on me..."STOP REBOOTING THE BLOODY ROUTER YOU'LL MESS IT UP" pfft what do they know ..

johncmansell is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01430
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Hi everyone, 16 days ago I made the fateful decision to change from AOL to Sky, cutting my cost by half, though they did make a better offer than Sky to remain. This ticks me off as they could have done this before I made the decision. I was promised connection with in 15 days, but 16 aint bad and not complaining. Installation was a little more than normal as I have a desktop with Windows X (Vista imitation), a true Vista Laptop and a true XP. Could not get the disk to autorun on either the Vista or the Windows X so had to use the application Bin setup program in the Sky folder and went through like a charm. The XP laptop however is nothing but trouble though loaded OK clicked on the Skybroadband icon and it loaded AOL, what!!!! I uninstalled AOL so nothing left but it must have some deep routes cant get rid. Now installing Windows update to see if i can fix the problem. Also the dreaded Outlook express 6 is not connecting either having followed all of you links, shutting down AVG, and firewalls, so will keep on trying. I have had a glitch tonight though with MSN not working and the internet stoppe, the Segam router stopped functioning, required a re-start an d all OK again. Sorry this is length but welcome to you all.....

HSNetwork is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SLRF
      Broadband ISP: Max going to O2 Pro
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Well I have been hanging round the forum since last night but havent formerly introduced myself yet.

My name is Tom and more commonly referred to as HSNet by those that know me. As newsreader correctly Identified I was once with Plusnet then moved onto Entanet (Via one of their resellers) and am now more than likely moving to sky (well ive signed up so unless I call I guess I am moving to sky lol).

I hope that yes I am able to make a difference to the group of users here, all 17,500 or so -/+ ~500.

Anyway thats enoughf or an introductary post
      Regards,

Tom (HSNetwork)

A Word of advice :-
      "Dont ever p*** of your Network/System/Server Admin. Any responsible IT Admin will know more about you than you know about yourself, just ask those that have wronged me.

How to set up Wireless on your Ipod Touch / IPhone (PDF including pictures)
      How to set up Sky Emails on your Ipod Touch / Iphone (PDF including pictures)

Ken Poulter is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hi everyone,

Nice to find a site that will answer queries regarding Sky. As people say you certainly seem to get better results to your question. A little about myself.I am 72 years young married for just over 50 years now,play Bowls both indoors and out. I spend a reasonable amount of time on the computer doing this and that.

merefolly is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: East Boldon
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Hello All

Wow what a brilliant forum, it must be good because I can't drag myself away

I would like to thank the owner/s and moderators for their efforts, I know how much time and effort goes into it.

I do have a question about my line dropping but I'll ask that in the appropriate thread.

I just wanted to say I'm happy to be here.

Jo

87SR is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Say Hello

Hi just joined the forum, hoping you guys can help me!

Sarah

Elbow is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hello everyone.

Just joined BB Max from Entanet. Great site with cracking info.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Elbow

HSNetwork is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SLRF
      Broadband ISP: Max going to O2 Pro
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Elbow View Post
      Hello everyone.

Just joined BB Max from Entanet. Great site with cracking info.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Elbow
      Welcome to skyuser

Snap I have recently swapped from Entanet. What made you change and what package did you have?
      Regards,

Tom (HSNetwork)

A Word of advice :-
      "Dont ever p*** of your Network/System/Server Admin. Any responsible IT Admin will know more about you than you know about yourself, just ask those that have wronged me.

How to set up Wireless on your Ipod Touch / IPhone (PDF including pictures)
      How to set up Sky Emails on your Ipod Touch / Iphone (PDF including pictures)

knfr21 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: wshal
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

hi im mark
      still at school and son of dtr43 [unfortunately]

Page 44 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast