Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 43 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast
    Like Tree20Likes

Say Hello

This is a discussion on Say Hello within the General chat forums, part of the Community channel category; Originally Posted by Proppinupthebar I've got two servers out in the garage which is detached from the house, that I ...

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Re: Say Hello

Quote Originally Posted by Proppinupthebar View Post
      I've got two servers out in the garage which is detached from the house, that I connect to via the powerline adapters. I've got the Netgear 102's (the slow ones), they are brilliant for what I need them for.
      Yep your servers are very reliable, we can vouch for that

SHEDHOST
      ~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

2. Advertisement
      Proppinupthebar is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: Locks Heath
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: 2*Sky+, Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewsreadeR View Post
      Yep your servers are very reliable, we can vouch for that

SHEDHOST
      LOL. Thats quality! I'm actually from Doncaster as well! His shed is far more plush than my garage. Full of boxes at the moment as we've just moved.

michael.seigal is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Bowes Park
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hey everyone. I have just gone back to sky after being with Virgin / telewest for 8 years! Was so fed up with virgin as they were not able to provide me with the 20mb internet that I was paying for for over a year! There was a fault in my area with a core switch and the case had been open for over a year with no fix!!!! I was getting around 2mb-3mb on speed tests and just had enough and cancelled!

Sky so far is much better was installed quickly and I am connected at around 12mb sync and downloading at around 1.2mb/s which is such a vast improvement!

So glad I found this forum as have applied all the tricks suggested to get the most out of my connection and wireless setup!

Anyways just saying Hi!

Michael

MisterBones is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01204
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Greetings Fellow pilgrims who wander through the world of sky.
      I have just joined you and say HELLO.

The e-mail address I have registered with is an old one as my @sky.com isnt working....well what a suprise??

I have been e-mail less (sky account) for about three weeks now and calls to the help line vary from...its your anti virus software to it will be working in 48 hours..this last one was about five days ago.

So fellow sky persons I am on a quest to get my e-mail working.

A thought...how many e-mails in my name will the server hold before they dissapear into the ether

Regards

MisterBones

paulpur is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Kerse Road,Grangemouth
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hi Folks

Just a quick hello from me. Just found this site and love the useful info and stuff here. Im a guy who works in server manufacturing , just recently moved onto Sky BB, having some initial problems, but i hope to have rectified these lol
      Last edited by paulpur; 30-11-07 at 04:49 PM.

Snow_Spartan is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hello!

names Matt aka Snow_Spartan

just finished with Virgin as they are crud utter crud so we changed to SKY and got ourselfs

SKY +
      SKY talk
      SkY internet with a free wirless router

its awesome! i love SKY so much better than terrible Virgin such rip off prices

anyway see ya around

jakewc2 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Covent Garden
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Hi, I just found this site yesterday, and I have to say I really appreciate all the information that is posted here.

I have been getting Sky digital for about 2 years now, but decided that to save money, I would also get my broadband with sky, saving about 30 a month. I got connected about 2 weeks ago, and its been a nightmare. I live 685 metres from my exchange (found that out from Sky Third line) and from day one, on 16mb connection, have only managed to get 120kbs to 240kbs or there about speeds. The higher speeds on a good day, which was rare.

For 4 days they cut me off completely, saying they were getting the engineers to change the cards in the exchange. (you'll have to excuse my ignorance, as I'm not techy minded and didnt really understand what they were trying to tell me) Then they phoned to say the work hadnt been done after all, so reconnected me regardless, but still on 120kbs speeds. Every day they spoke to third Line support, they said they would call back in 24 hours, no calls came, in total since I joined they only called me back twice and that was in the first week, I made upwards of 40 odd phone calls to try see what was happening. Phone calls to Broadband support, were answered pretty quickly, but I either got cut off, or sent to the wrong support team, hence all the calls.

Once I got to Third Level support they were helpful in trying to work out what was wrong. Went through everything more than once, even got sent a new router. Still didnt work. Baring in mind, that when the Sky engineer came out to connect the sky digital box 2 years ago through a dangly filter, which has worked perfectly well, with my old ISP where I was getting 8.1mb on an 8mb connection which rarely failed. So not being tech minded didnt know that was the problem.

Eventually, yesterday, they sent out a really obnoxious BT engineer, who on entering the house said 'you have an extra filter on your line the wall connection is a filter plus the dangly filter, take it off'. I tried to explain that I hadnt actually added that filter, it was already on there from the Sky Digital Engineer, who had put it on there because the Digibox wouldnt work without it and it affected the phone line. But he wasnt interested and all I got was it shouldnt be on there and just left.

Eventually, Sky called me back after, and reset the Broadband line, and in my Router setting I could see the connection went right up to 18.5 mbs, and worked. He then set my line to 16358mbs, and its been working like a dream ever since. Sky appologised profusely for all the problems, and offered to reimburse me for the loss of the internet, and the phone calls, which I was really surprised at.

Its been one of the most frustrating 2 weeks I've had. But saying that, I cant fault the fact that they have tried their best to help me,and even with the problems, I would still recommend them, for both the Sky Digital and Broadband.

flybynight is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01453
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hi,

I'm Nick I'm divorced & remarried, 3 kids from 1st marriage. I have 2 Sky subscriptions in 2 locations for everything that they offer (TV, Phone, Broadband). I find that what they do right they do very well, but if things go badly Customer Support can be a nightmare. I've come hear to learn as much as I can about how Sky works because I think self-help can go a long way.

batmanjokes is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

hello to everyone,,, very useful site for sky user..especially 4 a newbie like me...

stigmata1823 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01776
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

hello all

Page 43 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast