Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 40 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast
    Like Tree20Likes

Say Hello

This is a discussion on Say Hello within the General chat forums, part of the Community channel category; Hi I do a lot of extra curricular work in the adult webcam industry for a large online company (i ...

mad_oatcake is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: STOKE-ON-TRENT
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Say Hello

Hi

I do a lot of extra curricular work in the adult webcam industry for a large online company (i hope that doesnt put anybody off). I subscribe to the MAX package and am interested in improving my upload speeds so I can provide my clients with a better experience.

I will post my router stats and speed tests when i get a chance - i'm fairly technical for a girl so dont be afraid to speak techy.

The servers used to provide my video feed are located in New York and they do a very rudimentary test on connection speed, if your connection is over 192kbps then you are eligible to get a high speed internet connection icon in your profile, i still have never had this although i know my upstream is a lot better. I will confirm all of this later today.

So guys, any help you can provide me would be great.

Cheers

db

2. Advertisement
      deicide is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Barnby Dun
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hi just joined, I've had Sky+ for about 4 months now.

I am a maths teacher with a wife and one 11 year old.

Headieboy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Loanhead
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hi just found this site when I was looking into getting ADSL and Phone service from Sky. Thankfully, my 18 month contract with TalkTalk is finally up! Their ADSL service is poor and their Customer Service people treat you like an idiot. I've worked in IT networks for 10 years.

I live just south of Edinburgh and have had Sky for about 10 years in total. I changed to Sky+ last Christmas and it's the best move I've made. Now thinking about HD but don't know if it's worth the extra monthly fee. Would have got HD last Christmas but for the extra monthly charge.

Married with 2 young daughters. Currently studying for CCNP at nightclass - not easy with young family!

sleepy184 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hi all,
      Recently gone onto Sky BB from Virgin. Well actually, I still have both at the moment. The sky basic and Virgin 2mg. I am comparing both to see which is best. Best thing with Sky is that it is free but the conncetion does not seem as good as Virgin. Time will tell.
      I look forward to browsing this forum and hopfully finding some answers to improve my BB experience.
      Regards
      Andy

tbale999 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0208
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hi Everyone!

Just migrated to Sky from Pipex, like most, for the savings. After 2 weeks; benefits - faster connection up here in High Barnet, around 5 meg as opposed to under 3meg with Pipex, and higher download limits (pre-Tiscali Pipex ignored download limits but in the last two months started charging me an arm and a leg!); disadvantages - serious wireless router dropout problems, going to use the forum advice to get my "old" 108Mbps Netgear working hopefully (which performed flawlessly).

TB

roger.lindley is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01344
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hi to all. I'm a long in the tooth self employed Network Consultant who has just moved to SKY Mid from BT who I was with forever........... Purely cost as I have the full Sky package and 5 is a good deal...........well apart from the router which frequently drops sessions (not unusual for Netgear routers!).
      Married (30 yrs) with a couple of adult daughters I am looking to do online trading to earn a few sheckles as I wish to become semi retired!
      Resolving the router issue is therefore paramount as being disconnected from the trade server during live trading is not a desirable feature!
      FYI
      Main PC is a Dell 690 dual xeon with 4Gb Ram running Vista Business ......yes well........ Laptop is Toshiba Satellite P205 core duo with 2 GB Ram running Vista Home Premium.

Regards
      Roger

adydb is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hello all....

Found this forum thanks to the 'problems' sky is having with its email service.

Look very interesting and helpful...

anyway thats me lol

Alzy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hello there,
      Awaiting delivery of sky broadband any day now and stumbled upon this site while surfing for info, site looks slick and jam packed with good advice, just what i need

see ya

boocat is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hi All

I've just moved ( last week ) to Sky Max from Eclipse ( poor speeds, long periods of disconnections and so on ).

So far all is well. Sync speed has gone for 4 to 6.3 meg and speed tests from a best of 3.8 with Eclipse to 5.5 with Sky.

Regards
      Boocat

Locoman1 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01795
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hi I'm Locoman1, live in SE of England, mad on trains, use to drive them but became a manager for well known railway operating company.
      Hobbies are Fooball SKYtv and computer building with my 5 brothers.

Page 40 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast