Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 29 of 134 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979129 ... LastLast
    Like Tree20Likes

Say Hello

This is a discussion on Say Hello within the General chat forums, part of the Community channel category; ^^^ about time! Welcome to all who have posted recently...

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Re: Say Hello

^^^ about time!

Welcome to all who have posted recently
      ~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

2. Advertisement
      Mr KP is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Wembley
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hello,

I've only been browsing for 3 days but i've fallen in love with this forum already , this site has literally saved me 159 in activation and equipment charges. to see how see my other post. The people on here seem so friendly and helpful.

PeteC is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Sheffield
      Broadband ISP: cable
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hello

Throstle is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Godalming
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hi everybody, just registered. Found Skyuser site just over a month ago when searching for info about Sky BB and have found it really interesting and helpful, especially when setting up my email account.

I moved from Plusnet on 4th June and it all went very smoothly, better than I dared hope. It took 5 minutes to change over my old Netgear wireless router for the Sky one and so far everything is going well.

I'm also saving 25 a month on the See, Speak and Surf package so I'm a happy Sky customer, lets hope it lasts!

dave richardson is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Plymouth
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2TB
      Thanks

Hello to all on this wonderful site.

My name is Dave ,I live in Plymouth UK using Sky connect from the Plymstock Plymouth BT exchange which is approx 1 mile from my home. I have Sky HD which I enjoy (apart from the iffy 30x ff/ rewind ). I can browse via Sky Broadband but not get my e mails to work or Log in to the Sky portal page. following a long telephone call to a lady who sounded as if she was Canadian sky are changing my password which they tell me will alow me to connect. Umh we';ll see.

take care all of you & I hope to become a regular member on this site

Dave

micklaw is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

how did your connection go? I am due to start with sky at the end of June.

BaldyBouncer is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Highams Park LNHPK
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Hi just popping in to say Hello as requested by "The Newsreader". Very quick and easy to sign up, if only Sky Broadband Customer Services responded to my emails as quick as you guys I'd be a bunny.

Have been browsing your site for a week or so and am sure that I will find the answers to all my woes somewhere in here, so thought I'd take the plunge and sign up.

Anyway a little about me. I live in London with my partner of 20 odd years, no kids (far too selfish - BOTH of us). Both mad Tottenham fans which is the reason we succumbed to the lure of Sky in the first place.

Sky+ is so and since the day it was installed I've had a on my face.

Last month finally decided to take the plunge and get T'internet at home and opted for Sky as our ISP.

It's safe to say that it's not been the roaring success I'd hoped for and I hope that the Techies among you will be able to sort me out before I tear what little remains of my once glorious head of hair out.

Will attempt to compose a half way sensible question to tax your collective brains as soon as I get a chance!!

Anyway I'm off for now as its

Cheers

mitchec1 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LSCRAY
      Broadband ISP: O2 Standard
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Hi my names Chris. Like a couple of people I found this site about a month ago and have been reading with interest. (Lots of useful info)

I've had Sky HD for about a year now and my Sky Broadband went live this morning. I'm connected to the Crayford Exchange in South East London

I've just swapped from VM to Sky and and for 2.91km as the crow flies (5km + as the cable goes) I'm getting DownStream Connection Speed 4704 kbps UpStream Connection Speed 416 kbps which I'm well happy with.

Spyder is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Cleckheaton
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hi
      I stumbled across this site by accident and i wish i had read the posts before signing up to Sky BB. Having a lot of problems with the connection dropping and need to get round to trying some of the advise on this site.
      Regards newbie Spyder

Radsan is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: North Edgware
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hi all,

I am a recent member of the Sky stable. After 7 years with Telewest/Blueyonder, I recently moved to an area where there is no Cable coverage.

I found this forum very informative and many members are very helpful from what I have seen. It's a darn sight more informative than any helpline or website that Sky themselves provide which means two things:

1. Most people at the Sky "helpline" have no idea what they are on about as Sky hasn't taken the effort to train them properly.

2. Sky themselves are not sure what they are are offering when it comes to broadband and are too busy counting the bucks that their "helpline" brings them.

I hope this makes Sky realise that a little bit of effort to establish direct contact with their customers by way of public forums where customers can interact with them and also share problems and also find solutions to common problems goes a long way instead of customers having to wait in vain on the end of a telephone line or conversing with someone who has limited knowledge and cannot find a solution.

More power to you guys!!
      F1 NET-->Latest news, views on F1 & Motorsport
      <a href=http://f1net.smartlivin.net target=_blank>http://f1net.smartlivin.net</a>
      "Me->Why is my Max at 2MB when my neighbour on the same package is getting average speeds of upto 14MB?
      Sky Humour Line (Tech support)->Maybe your neighbour is getting some of your speed."