Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 27 of 134 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777127 ... LastLast
    Like Tree20Likes

Say Hello

This is a discussion on Say Hello within the General chat forums, part of the Community channel category; Hi Everyone.... I have to say, I have decided to join up primarily because of the tutorial on Azureus. I ...

Repairman is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Bury
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Say Hello

Hi Everyone.... I have to say, I have decided to join up primarily because of the tutorial on Azureus. I haven't used it yet however it looked so good that I thought this has to be an excellent site. ps If you are wondering why so late on the posting of this, It's due to trying to set up my home pc for use with Azureus, so this laptop is left safe from that unknown world and my pc is giving me a hard time......... what's new!

2. Advertisement
      thepaddedcell is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Bromley
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hi all,

Im new here, so I thought I'd introduce myself. Im an Australian Software Developer living here in London with my Wife (who is lucky enough to have dual nationality, Aussie & English).
      We're here to see a bit of the world before we have kids, and we just bought a house in Bromley to invest our money so when we go back to Australia we wont be broke!

Just had SkyHD installed on Monday on my new Sony 40 inch TV & signed up for Sky BB on the same day. The Router arrived after only 3 days, but Im still waiting on my 'activation' date!

lowkey is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: tameside
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

hello just joined sky broadband and spent a week trying to sort out wireless connection(and mcafeee) in the end i paid a bloke 50 out of the local paper anyway my connection(bandwidth) seems slow-i have paid extra fiver to sky for internet up to 8meg and its not having it, bloke reckons it is phoneline but i didnt have any probs with bt broadband, anyone got any ideas- i am using ashton-u-lyne(tameside) exchange

maxwilm is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

just a quick hi everyone. hope to be of some help in the future

shiptoncraig is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Haslington
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hello, thought I may aswell say hello instead of posting something and then no-one really knows who I am or where I came from.

So, my introduction to SkyUser. I'm a 17 year old student from the NW of England. I have been browsing these forums for some time now to see the feedback and problems which other people have been facing. I decided to join today because this place is a good forum and my exact problem with SkyBB has not been covered. I think...

So yeah, hello.

msander is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Hillsborough, Sheffield ?
      Broadband ISP: sky tv - considering moving broadband to sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

hi all

new to skyuser.co.uk and looking forward to help and support from all you experienced "sky-ies" out there

currently get bb from pipex and have not had any real problems with them, but looking at joining sky bb but not sure of package.

currently have tv through sky but considering the bb/talk/tv package if available here (Sheffield)

have seen loadsa complaints about the bb from sky etc etc and wondered if anyone had any thoughts here about making the jump

thanks for advice

cheers

Sue
      Sue is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hi everyone. I changed to Sky from Tiscal in March. So far, not sure if I was wise to move. I couldn't get the email to work and I am pretty sure I had the right settings. Plus I lose my connection far more frequently than I did with Tiscali. But it is cheaper and faster for sure. My teenage daughter is happy though with the download speeds so I will probably end up staying.

geordie boy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01207
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hello to all - first time on - I live in Durham and have recently retired from the NHS. I work part time now in my counselling career for a local charity, with my wife who manages the charity. Have three grandchildren who take up much time. I sing for a hobbie but also make some dosh on the side. Anyway on to Sky - I thought that the HNS management structure was in trouble but I have never ever encountered such a poor customer support orgnsiation as Sky. I decided to change from Pipex six months ago and still cannot log on to sky - user and password doesnt work. Phoned their highly costly line on dozens of occasions, have written five times to various departments, and two weeks ago wrote to James Murdoch. Still no change. It feels like they do not have the technical ability to put things right and they certainly do not have the customer relations ability to keep me informed of the situation. They have credited my account a few times but that doesnt help my getting the full service nor getting email. Have had to use hotmail instead. I have thought of cancelling but would then have to go through the process of signing up to another company. I also want to see how long this takes and keep a log of the incompetence of the company. So hello to all and thanks for giving me space to have a bloody good moan.

legoman0 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hi all, new to SkyUser, never previously had BB. Got Sky Max before Xmas and have to say, I have had no problems at all. Got router through post, was 'turned on' 3 days later, been working reliably ever since!

siccyp is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Aylesbury
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hi all. You peeps have a good site here. Keep up the gd work. Looking forward to posting on here.

Cheers
      Iain