Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 14 of 134 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast
    Like Tree20Likes

Say Hello

This is a discussion on Say Hello within the General chat forums, part of the Community channel category; Hi there - I'm Mark, a 28 Year old Accountant from Southampton married to my wife Claire for near on ...

Pyney is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Woolston
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Say Hello

Hi there - I'm Mark, a 28 Year old Accountant from Southampton married to my wife Claire for near on 8 years we've got just the one 9 year old daughter.

Since moving over to Sky in January, I joined this site and found it amazingly helpful - for instance, I found the connection was dropping too regulary for my liking - so by looking for a few tweaks etc from these forums I was able to fix things.

I must say one of the most useful things I have found is Mossywell's Bounce Sky Router utility - exceptional!

2. Advertisement
      nikef is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: bt total broadband with sky tv
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

hi all, i'm from devon,just moved from telewest i do not have broadband from sky,i have sky tv ,great site

MrBlue is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Rugby
      Broadband ISP: Migrated to BeThere.co.uk
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Yo all. MrBlue here from Rugby.

MrsFowler is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Just wanted to say hi. Live in Berkshire and been a Sky customer for ever.

teg
      teg is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: HIGH WYCOMBE
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Hi

Switching over to Sky Broadband from Orange. Awaiting my MAC code which should be with me at the end of this week.

Regards,

Teg

Theshagster is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I'd like to say hi also, Weighing up whether to get Sky Max hopefully a few of you might be able to persuade me.

splitsides is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hi, i'm very new to this forum but not to Sky, as in terms of Sky Talk; I could probably lend a hand or advice to anyone thinking of switching over from their current provider, since I work for Sky Talk / Broadband

Probably shouldn't be on here, but power to the people! Play nice!

"Anon"

Jim2708 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Glossop
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hi just joined as I was looking for information about Sky Broadband.

I'm a little worried about the mixed feedback regarding Sky's customer service etc. but since I'm after saving money, and my current ISP (Eclipse) seems to be going down the hill, I thought what the hell I give it a try.

I'm fortunate that I work in IT so I'm well versed in Broadband and Networks and I should be able to overcome most problems without having to call Sky's customer service, so as long as the switch over goes with out hitch I'll be on MAX by the end of March.

Whilst I'm on the subject of the Broadband, anybody got MAX and live over 2.5Km away from the Exchange can you tell me what your Down and Up speeds are? I've signed up for MAX as there's no download limit and I don't have to pay a setup charge, but I really doubt that I'll get more than 6mbps.

Anyway a little more about me, as I've already said, I work in IT, I'm married with 2 kids (one of each) 3 cats and a mortgage!

I've been with Sky since the mid 90's but never gone to Sky+ as I'm opposed to paying for the privilege to record the programs when an ordinary digi box can record programs (granted they not on Sky). Considered going Multi room a few times, but again new customers get the benefit not existing customers, so that and the fact my kids watch enough of Disney channel I'm still a single box family.

Right I've waffled enough now, I'll let you know in one of other forums how my switch to Sky BB goes.

Cheers,

Jim.

"Tell me and I'll forget. Show me and I'll remember. Involve me and I'll
      understand." - Confucius
      Last edited by Jim2708; 07-03-07 at 01:17 PM. Reason: spelling mistake!

dancingdog777 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01425
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Hi, like most people here, had a few problems with Sky b/band to start with but most have been sorted, except the dreaded drop-out periodically! Grrr!
      Other ISPs don't suffer from it so why does Sky - must be because it's cheap.

Live near Bournemouth, aged 54, married with 2.4 kids ( for you ladies, I'm the 0.4!) and drive a lorry, having had a career change about 5 yrs ago, when I got fed up of managing an hotel.

moose is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: huntingdon
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Hello all,
      Chris here with my first post to this excellent forum.
      Currently I am a SKY tv subscriber & have ordered SKY BB & talk, mainly due to this site and all all the info within. Got to say, been online for many years and this has got to be one of the best user groups I have seen, something other ISPs should be genuinely green eyed about.
      Unfortunately, I cannot take advantage of my Sky BB at the moment cos I'm an existing V21/Biscrap customer who has spent the whole of today on the phone to various official bodies to secure my MAC in the face of the well publicised Biscit fold up
      So I can only wait for the administrators to sort out my account to gain a MAC. I know SKY have many annoying habits, but at least they answer the phone within 90 minutes!! and if your specific with what u ask, u normally get a half decent answer. Phoned sky today to explain the situation and they even offered me a refund on my 20 max upgrade fee until I'm sorted.
      So until then I'm flying the skull and crossbones as I cant pay Biscit for my BB use due to HSBC freezing all of their accounts: Every cloud has a silver lining!!