Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 126 of 134 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128 ... LastLast
    Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 1336
    Like Tree20Likes

Say Hello

This is a discussion on Say Hello within the General chat forums, part of the Community channel category; Hi all, just another new user...

Ashbeck is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Say Hello

Hi all, just another new user

2. Advertisement
      alexp999 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: STVERWD
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: ASUS RT-N66U (Merlin)
      Sky TV: N/A
      Thanks

Just wanted to say Hi.

Long time reader on here, finally managed to dump the awful sky hub from our home network (it was just providing a lan connection to another router). Following the guides on here for grabbing the username/password and setting up ASUSWRT-Merlin on my RT-N66U, I now have the ASUS router connected directly to the BTO Modem

My speed has actually increased too, despite doing it all during peak hours just now, I have gone up from 21Mbps via the Sky Hub, to 24Mpbs with a direct connection. Happy days.
      bubblegun likes this.

cojogo is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Crowborough
      Router: BE Box V2
      Sky TV: N/A
      Thanks

good day peeps another new boy here! and new to Sky from BE,.,, and disgruntled already! like a lot of others it seems..

Tazmaniandevil is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Cameronian Street
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Thanks

Howdy-doo boys & girls. Joined today after finding this forum by accident. I have been browsing threads, seeing how the land lies. Y'all might well get sick of me over the coming months/years/decades/centuries, but hopefully now my setup is finally working the problems should be few and far between.

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,225 Times in 2,093 Posts

Welcome to the forum everyone.

Hopefully you will find us all a friendly bunch. Do join in with the 'Friday Thread'. First drink is on Newsreader*. The Friday thread is pretty informal otherwise.

Please do take a look around and feel free to post a new thread if you have an issue or just want a friendly chat.

*The first round was bought, paid for and drunk many moons ago

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

Liamski is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: WNHAT Harlescott
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Thanks

Hiya, Newbie here looking for a bit of advice!

Off for a mooch.

mikey808 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: EMMATLO
      Router: Draytek Vigor 120 + Asus N66U
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Hello, been with Sky for longtime and before since beginning of Easynet, when I had a business account. Going right back before that I was at Nildram since they started & before that Demon and before that Compuserve.
      Hoping for a good FTTC speed by end on May. I'm very near (100yds of cable) to a newly sited DSLAM.
      Family have rural FFTP and 330Mbps... lucky guys..
      Last edited by mikey808; 03-02-14 at 06:07 PM.

clubskii is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Sky Hub 2
      Thanks

Hi,

New user looking for advice and information about Sky Fiber. Getting rid of the Sky Hub2 and replacing with a Asus RT-N66U.

Thanks

dewdude is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Verizon
      Broadband ISP: Verizon FiOS (Fibre)
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Ok, I'll play.

Hi, I'm Jay. I'm entirely new here and I'm going on the assumption I'm the only member here not in/from the UK. But I do have a good reason, I do in fact watch sky over a Slingbox. Originally I tried the thing out just for the curiosity of seeing something besides American cable/satellite TV; that and UK TV always just intrigued me; much in the same way I'd try to pick up broadcasters from other cities here.

So in about the two weeks I've been watching Sky, I've become completely addicted to it and have found it's got to be better than just about anything over here; if anything for the sheer number of channels at your disposal. I have looked at Freeview/Freesat and compared it to our free viewing options here; 60 some channels on Freeview vs the maybe 10 you'll get just off the air; and the only concept we have of free satellite are a bunch of FTA channels that are so niche they're not carried on a system or have even a real measurable number of viewers.

I don't know anything really about the Sky setup I'm using...I know it's a Sky+HD box because it has a "planner" (which we call a DVR); and I'm assuming it's on some kind of fibre broadband connection; but since I didn't set it up (I've never left the country), I can't tell you much more. The IP resolves to just outside of London, the viewing card is apparently for Merseyside (it took me quite a while to find the right lineup on the TV guide on the Sky site). It does have all the movies and sports; so it's apparently the big package. What gets me is I've read that Sky+HD boxes generally lack component output; but I'm getting a HD component feed. Maybe it's an old one, maybe someone has an adapter.

What I can tell you about is my service I've physically got here. It's a fibre/fiber service branded by the big telco Verizon as FiOS. Strictly fibre to the home, I'm currently provisioned for 35/35 mbps service...that realistically runs around 42mbps both ways. I wouldn't mind having their 300/150 service; but it's an extra $180/month (109) and I'm not going to swing that. The cable service doesn't have nearly the number of channels as some, but they focused more on picture quality (though they do a lot of stuff that makes little to no sense...do we need 3 copies of the same channel wasting space when all you need is to force different language on two?)

Anyway, I've done pretty well navigating around the Sky+HD box, works quite a bit differently than what I'm used to over here, but not much; I do have a friend in Scotland with Sky who gave me just about every pointer I need. Of course, with the time difference I find myself watching a lot of your overnight TV and was amazed at how many channels completely shut down or show infomercials all night (do you even have the term infomercial over there? since you call them advertisements and not commercials; I guess you wouldn't). Still, it's nice being able to sit and watch UK "Prime-Time" in the early afternoon. Catching Top Gear at 3pm Sunday afternoons a week ahead of BBC America is just great.

Well, that's about it for my basic intro. I'll be hanging around and seeing what else I can learn/pick-up.

vroom_buddy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

Hi All,

Just joined Sky from O2 but in trouble already and looking for help. This seems to be the place to get it.

Cheers