Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 12 of 134 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast
    Like Tree20Likes

Say Hello

This is a discussion on Say Hello within the General chat forums, part of the Community channel category; Originally Posted by spud0772 Hi i'm a 29 year old, manager of tesco, just changed to sky bb mid for ...

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Re: Say Hello

Quote Originally Posted by spud0772 View Post
      Hi i'm a 29 year old, manager of tesco, just changed to sky bb mid for its speed, checking out this forum as my bit torrent will not download any decent speed its acually slower then when i had a dial up!! internet is fast which is good.
      Every little helps!
      ~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

2. Advertisement
      4$ure is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Ashton (mrash)
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hello All!!

Firstly let me congratulate the mods/admin/members for an exceptionally imfromative forum, even before i registered i learned about the portal signing in problems (thought it was just me, or so SKY told me), and managed to optimize my connection, not least make sense of the router settings (port forwarding etc).

Thanks everyone, I hope being a memeber of this forum i can contribute something back....

Cheers
      Shaun (nick- 4$ure)

StHConnect is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: St Helens
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Greets,

I've only just registered and I notice that I don't live very far from NewsreadeR!

48, recently divorced with 14 year old daughter, run a local website for St Helens people. I've been on Sky Connect since November and I'm hoping that I'll be moved to the proper service soon.

Dave

Pandemonium is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Cambridge
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hi everyone!

I just got connected to Sky Broadband Max and this is my first post here. I moved from UK Online using cease and reprovide. Went very smoothly and am connected two days early. I'm seeing connection speeds of 4.9Mbps downstream and 768Kbps upstream, which are both somewhat higher than UK Online - I was seeing 4Mbps downstream and about 600Kbps upstream. The attenuation on my line is 57dB.

The period with no broadband was made somewhat easier by using my mobile phone as a 3G modem and getting speeds of 230Kbps (as stated by Windows, but I witnessed faster speeds in reality). Don't think I would have relished a couple of weeks on dialup...

gnat is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Leicestershire
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hi,

I am new today!

My first thread http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/sky-b...html#post53111

Need help!

I am female, 25 and live in Leicestershire.

munkey is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hey
      Just migrated to Sky Max from Pipex. Found this site while 'researching' my next ISP. Tons of info and tips so I'm looking forward to all the reading!
      Got great speeds, had a random missing IP earlier but I'm not complaining, yet! lol.

Nice to be here

P.

Lazarus is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: STHYTHE
      Broadband ISP: Mid from 5 Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hi all,

Been a member about a month now.

Migrated from Orange/Dontwanadooanythingbuttakeyamoney.

Divorced, 40's, just finished a BSc(Hons) in construction, now doing Open University (environmental science).

Wish I could help more people on here but I'm still learning myself.

Great site. Glad i joined. It's a great resource for all those little niggles and unanswered questions you get when trying something new like this.
      Thanks to all who participate
      Asus P6T Deluxe - i7 920 @3.6GHz - 750GB Samsung F1 - 6GB OCZ Platinum 1600MHz - XFX GTX260 'Black Edition' - Tagan 1100W PSU - TT 'Big Water' 760i - Antec 1200 - Windows 7 64-bit - Ubuntu 9.04 64-bit

ADSL Link..............Down .............Up
      Connection Speed..9215 kbps......606 kbps
      Line Attenuation... 20.0 db..........11.9 db
      Noise Margin........ 20.9 db..........22.0db

Fire & Brimstone is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Pollok
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Good To Be Here

Hi there,

Just joined, I have been on Sky Max for two and a bit weeks, came over from wanadoo dial up as the cost was the same. My download speed varies but I do get over 10Mbps downstream pretty regularly and over 690Kbps upstream so I cannot complain (360m from Exchange as the Doo flies). Broadband switched on 1 week before activation date.

Before I joined I read a lot of links on the router which helped me to set it up and to go wireless. Common sense approach (and patience) shown in the posts I read gave me confidence to set it up and so far it works well.

Thanks

John

tdbsolutions is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Isleworth
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hi, Ron's the name and greetings from Isleworth - 913 metres from my exchange so I just found out .....

Been on Sky Max since just before Christmas and first time on broadband as previously a dial up AOL'er. Bought myself a new laptop to celebrate the Sky arrival and got myself all broadbanded up. However, until yesterday I was very, very disapointed with bad connections, slow speeds, total rubbish technical support and that damn McAfee.....

As I'm not much of a techy I thought - poke the CD in the slot and BINGO but how wrong was I :-(

I found this site yesterday morning via another website where I was looking for another ISP and was 99.9% sure that I was going to dump Sky. After browsing the forums for a while I switched off my UPnP and fixed the connection problem (been stable now for over 24 hours now), downloaded the TCP Optimizer and my download speed went up from 4447 to 13091 kbps. Dumped the McAfee and fired up my Norton again.

The laptop is now firing on all cylinders and, even if I say it myself, not a bad effort, 10 out of 10 to skyusers.co.uk .....

Going to have a looky inside the BT phone socket tomorrow and then bask in the glorious world of broadband ...........

Any newbies reading this, dont bother with the SKY TS people, unless the 'experts' on here cannot solve your problem and tell you to call Sky.....
      One day you are the pigeon, but most days just the statue ...

starduster is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Langley Mill
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I'm Julie, 40 something. All my friends rely on me regards computers, it's not that I'm gifted in that department, rather that I'm an inveterate tweaker & if it can be buggered & fixed then I'm sure to have done it ... after much swearing, threatening, a few tears & promising that I'll never, ever do it again [until the next time I'm bored]
      Since joining this forum I've learnt to tweak in an altogether more productive way, which has impressed my friends even more. [but I do admit where I glean all the info from]

Yesterday I sorted out my wireless problem after repeatedly getting 'Invalid IP' ... ahem, nothing I'd previously tweaked of course

If my laptap had a choice, then I'm sure its start page would be 'system restore'

I'm now waiting for the arrival of my brand new shiny toy, running 'Window's Vista' ... I can't wait!
      Here's my list of things to do when it's up & running -

#1. make it pretty
      #2. fill it with junk
      #3. rearrange the junk
      #4. TWEAK!!
      'If it's not broke ~ fix it until it is'

Mid package
      wireless speed test ~ router connected 4 extensions away from the master socket in the spare bedroom ... I think I need to move further away from the exchange, it's blocking my view of the sewage farm