Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 10 of 134 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast
    Like Tree20Likes

Say Hello

This is a discussion on Say Hello within the General chat forums, part of the Community channel category; welcome aboard and hope all goes well with the new one , any chance of hearing your songs ? if ...

SatDish is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Gravesend, NDGRA
      Broadband ISP: Virgin XXL 200
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Yes
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Re: Say Hello

welcome aboard and hope all goes well with the new one , any chance of hearing your songs ? if you dont want it public send a pm
      "To help would be a great adventure"

2. Advertisement
      Keiran2K8 is offline Skyuser Serial Spammer
      Exchange: Redditch
      Broadband ISP: Max & VM VIP-85 & Be* Pro
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Ye! Would be great to hear some of your stuff!

logic3 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: barnsley,south yorkshire
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

hi
      just joined and thought i would say hello havn't got skybb yet but doing a lot of reading to find out more.
      my exchange is 5.5mls away so dont know what speed i would get if i went with them
      i am married with a severly disabled 14yr old son so i spend a bit of time on the net as we cannot do much else so once again hello.

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Hi Logic, welcome to SkyUser

Your distance is quite far from the exchange and I really don't think you would get too fast a connection.

Have you got broadband at the moment? If so what speed?

I would hazard a guess and say that you would get roughly the speed of ISDN at about 128k which is broderline on the definition of broadband.
      ~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

stevelaw is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Norton (01642)
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hiya all,

I've been lurking here for a while (almost a month) going through the same awful trouble trying to get the Tier 1 and 2 muppets to listen to me, 4 hours on the phone to sky to finally get my connection working. So now I joined as it seems my problems are probably not over yet.

I'm an IT Support Technician supporting schools in Durham. I immediately knew the problem was with the tag/line/connection but could I heck get the muppets to listen to me until I eventually stayed on hold for 1 hour to get through to tier 3 (after 5 promises and 2 weeks with no call back). Anyway, I have my connection now but I'm not au fait with ADSL line attentuation etc so I'll be posting my stats when I get home to get some advice from you lot (the latest Tier 2 muppet says my line cannot handle more than 8 MB (although I'm getting around 5-6 in practice and paying for Max).

Oops, sorry, I'll save that.

Coming up close to the big four-O, Wife, three kids and a huge sky phone bill to support (free set up they say, ha!)...
      Last edited by stevelaw; 14-02-07 at 12:20 PM.

Thanks
      Blog Entries

Welcome aboard Steve, as for muppets I bet they think the same when we ring them asking stupid questions. Remember they are just doing what they are paid to do and do not deserve to be branded a muppet

Hope it all works out for you
      ~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

stevelaw is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Norton (01642)
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

NewsreadeR, I could call them much worse, but every tech support I talked to from tier 1 and 2 had seriously no clue (and that must be about a dozen of them). That's not what they are paid for - I choose the option "Technical Support" and I didn't get either. Yes, they were all very "pleasant" (though I can't trust a word they say anymore) but frankly, I'd rather have competent.

I told them from the start that my router wasn't connecting - no ADSL connection, no external IP address etc. The solution? Change my browser security settings to Medium/low, ping 127.0.0.1, opening the browser cancels the router from connecting, IE7 is too high, what's Firefox, etc, etc.

I'll be formally complaining to them, I'm just hoping for a bit more information to include.

They are paid for technical support and they can't give it. But point taken, I won't mention it here, my apologies.
      Last edited by stevelaw; 14-02-07 at 12:50 PM.

Thanks
      Blog Entries

Hi Steve

No problems - we are friendly on here

Hope you get sorted out and eventually Sky will sort their training out soon

Tezcatlipoca is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Cambridge (EACAM)
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Thanks

Hi everyone

I found this site via another (may have been either DSLZone or ThinkBroadband), after reading about all the "speak to Tier 3 to remove the speed cap" stuff.

I'm Matt, 29, recently engaged, & I live & work in Cambridge. I work in a lab (v dull), & am also a Mod for a well established ntl/TW/VM support forum (CF).

I've had SkyTV for a year, since moving to a non-cabled area, & migrated to Sky Broadband (Max) from my previous ADSL provider last week.

After initially being disappointed with the speed, it's improved a lot since I disconnected the ring wire at the weekend, & I'll be trying to find out whether it can be improved further (it's still on G.DMT, though is now synched/capped at 8096 with an 8-9 db noise margin, since disconnecting the ring wire, instead of the previous 5728 (?) sync speed with a 6 db margin). But that's for another thread......

CYMRAES is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

I joined today after coming across the website by accident while doing research on sky BB package, this is my first post.

I am young 40 something! I am a welsh girl (CYMRAES translated means Welsh girl/woman/lady) originally from West Wales and currently living in South Wales. Single, live alone and for the past 7 years unable to work due to M.E. and my computer and internet is my lifeline!

Anyway, I am trying to decide whether to join Sky as I am currently with NTL FREEDOM, who have just changed to VIRGIN MEDIA.
      At the moment NTL FREEDOM broadband/talk anytime 24.99
      SKY TV (2 mix) 15.00 total is 39.99 a month.

If I go sky package 26 with talk anytime would be 31.00 I would be saving 8.99 a month plus receiving 6mix!

I am just nervous about changing! Sorry if this is too long.

Page 10 of 134 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast