Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

I want to play at being a silly person

This is a discussion on I want to play at being a silly person within the General chat forums, part of the Community channel category; mickey is far to polite. Thats certainly not what I mean!...

ringo1 is offline Banned
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I want to play at being a silly person

mickey is far to polite. Thats certainly not what I mean!

2. Advertisement
      NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by ringo1 View Post
      mickey is far to polite. Thats certainly not what I mean!

And using words like you stated before it was moderated is exactly what we do not allow.

I have no problem with people being angry, however I do have a problem with people swearing and using vulgar words, especially when younger people visit our forum.

We have been rather lenient with you, and if you are honest with yourself, you know we have.

All accounts on here are checked and IP checked so we know when an ex member is a new member, last chance saloon. If you have a problem with that then PM me.

This is a site to help people and not the "My name is ..... .... and I will say whatever I want site."

Please play by our rules or go and find another forum, before we ban the 3rd account by you.

I rest my case.

PS the clue is in the dots, that means we know your first name and surname.
      Last edited by NewsreadeR; 26-11-06 at 09:46 PM.
      ~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

ringo1 is offline Banned
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Whats that mean saloon

Never heard of that one "saloon" the mind boggles.

IP & all the rest of it total nonsence I have only been on this as one person & no one else....there must be a virus about.its not me.

(& once again what do you mean by saloon)

I rest my case Geek!
      Last edited by ringo1; 27-11-06 at 07:02 AM.

reddwarfcrew is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      I'm sure the mods can tell exactly who you are behind the scenes.

Looking at your profile, you joined the same day your last profile was banned, coincidence.. maybe.

Also you happened to get Sky BB on the exact same date in August as the other banned profile. Again, I'm sure it's coincidence.

Either way, that's all irrelevant. This is a great forum and moderated really well. No one has a right to post here and it's all totally free. We all have a choice, we either play by their rules or we go elsewhere.

I have the same frustrations as yourself with the email portal. I can log in, but it states 'error initialising portal' when I click on the email tab. Do I wish my set up was working perfect - Yes. Does it bother me - Yes, I'm paying £10pm for it. Has it made me agressive on this forum - No, it's no-one else's fault.

The really bizzare thing is, my portal username is SMITH69@sky.com, I have set up a secondary address on MySky of MARKSMITH@sky.com. Neither allow me to collect email from either the sky portal or outlook....... However a user name of MARKSMITH69@sky.com (a hybrid of the 2 usernames on MySky) does let me collect email from outlook!

(ps-usernames above are not real, but illustrate my problem).

Cheers.

Thanks
      Blog Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by ringo1 View Post
      Never heard of that one "saloon" the mind boggles.

IP & all the rest of it total nonsence I have only been on this as one person & no one else....there must be a virus about.its not me.

(& once again what do you mean by saloon)

I rest my case Geek!
      Would you like me to post the 7 page admin thread we have with all the evidence in and make you look rather silly?

Last chance saloon, is a warning to stop, and that we are giving you one last chance.

Could you perhaps virus scan your pc and make sure that the said virus has gone, must admit though that the virus is rather sophisticated. It can sign up to our site 3 times, with different email addresses, and then manage to respond to the activation email. Then manage to login using the username and password that it generated, then proceed to post, and swear.

The probabilities of that been a virus are greater than you, buying a lottery ticket every saturday, winning the jackpot on every ticket three times, at the same time Manchester City, win the FA Cup, the Premier, and the European Cup all in the same season, with all their players playing blindfolded with both arms tied behind their backs, playing with a ping pong ball.
      ~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

ringo1 is offline Banned
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Explain !

What I would like to know is that my user name is in capitals, please correct me if I am wrong but I was always led to believe an email address which in this case features the sky id should be in lower case.
      I have had yet another email from Sky today saying that they have reset my password again.
      Does one use lower or upper case when trying to login? Baring in mind emails should be in lower case.
      If when I receive my new 6th no sorry 7th reset if that does not work I will tell Sky to forget it, & that I can live without the hassle and waste of time it is both to them & me.
      I also apologize for what I consider a very mild expression which is used commonly in this country by all ages. I did not mean to upset. But in all fairness itís hardly swearing Is It! (No one did reply on the Saloon expression used by the gentleman of high authority in this forum.) I thought a saloon was a Bar in a TV western, or a place to get your hair cut!

Thanks
      Blog Entries
      (No one did reply on the Saloon expression used by the gentleman of high authority in this forum.)
      A visit to specsavers perhaps?

Last chance saloon, is a warning to stop, and that we are giving you one last chance.
      We are here to help, not spend our time checking your posts for swearing that you may or not post. If you honestly believe that another word for urine (which is what you used, and tried to get around the swear filter) is acceptable for people to read, even if they are minors, then I am sorry I cannot agree.

If you do not like my responses to you, then I would appreciate it if you maybe PM and discuss in private.

You are closing near to your 4th ban and if I were you, would maybe step back and digest and understand the advice I am giving you.
      Last edited by NewsreadeR; 27-11-06 at 06:28 PM.

reddwarfcrew is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      a salon (1 o) is where you get your hair cut and the moderator did explain saloon.

'last chance saloon' is a commonly used phrase.

Forum rules are forum rules and no swearing is allowed no matter how mild.

the username can be upper or lower from what I have seen, it doesn't make a different. It's only the password that is case sensitive.

SatDish is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Gravesend, NDGRA
      Broadband ISP: Virgin XXL 200
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Yes
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Last edited by SatDish; 21-08-07 at 09:36 PM.
      "To help would be a great adventure"

Thanks
      Blog Entries
      Is it Chegwin Mountain?

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast