Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Like Tree9Likes

Anyone still here?

This is a discussion on Anyone still here? within the General chat forums, part of the Community channel category; The forums don't appear that active anymore, where did everyone go?...

Alex20 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Shrewsbury (WNSY)
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Anyone still here?

The forums don't appear that active anymore, where did everyone go?

2. Advertisement
      pete.i is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01757
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Freesat/etc
      Thanks

Re: Anyone still here?

Quote Originally Posted by Alex20 View Post
      The forums don't appear that active anymore, where did everyone go?
      It's been like this for a long time now. Mebbe Sky got so good that nobody has any problems or people just realise that even if they have problems Sky, and most of the other ISPs to be fair, don't care, don't do anything as long as the money keeps rolling in. Again, to be fair to Sky, whilst I would never pay for their rubbish tv content any more, for me, their broadband has been faultless and I have had that since it's inception. My only crib with that is that Sky promised to up my speed for free a long long time ago and nothing has happened to date.

Oh yeah I tried to post this as well and it didn't work. That would put people off big time.

And I do read this forum every morning but I rarely post but I am still here.
      speedyrite and seawright like this.

seawright is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Concur with Pete.I. I'm sure that there are a lot of lurkers but it may have come to that stage in a relationship where participants run out of things to say which may not be such a bad thing considering some of the drivel I have encountered on other forums.
      speedyrite and Isitme like this.

speedyrite is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: MYHGT
      Broadband ISP: NOW Broadband
      Router: NOW TV Hub Two
      Sky TV: NOW TV
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

I look in most days to see “What’s New” but there’s been very little of late, and (sadly) even less that interests me from the point of view of offering any comment or help. The glory days now seem to be in the past!
      ++ speedyrite ... powered by NOW Broadband from June 2018 ++
      (previously powered by Sky Broadband from July 2007)

FelixTCat is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Tilehurst
      Broadband ISP: BT Infinity 2
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

The worrying thing is that the moderators used to contribute regularly. I haven't seen posts from them recently - perhaps because there's little if anything to moderate.

It was the general chat that I used to enjoy as much as the problem solving; that's stopped dead.

pete.i is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01757
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Freesat/etc
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FelixTCat View Post
      The worrying thing is that the moderators used to contribute regularly. I haven't seen posts from them recently - perhaps because there's little if anything to moderate.

It was the general chat that I used to enjoy as much as the problem solving; that's stopped dead.
      Well it's not worrying as such LOL, but I know what you mean. Scubbie, for instance, did put up some interesting posts about her diving experiences. Not that I'm a diver or anything. I think forums come and go but seawright made what I think is an interesting observation. He mentioned the drivel he has seen on other forums. The thing is those forums do seem to be reasonably succesful. Mebbe it's that people like to watch a good argument/drivel, I know I do although I don't get involved.
      I'm on a do it yourself forum populated by, what seems to be, very opinionated "tradesman" none of whom I would actually allow any where near my property. In fact I do not know how the moderators of that forum allow them to stay, but their drivel, and it really is that, does make for good entertainment.

Another forum that I am on, to do with UK canals and boating, has boaters on there that I sincerely hope I do not meet during my boating time. The couple of dozen or so vocal ones seem to think that the canals would all be filled in if they weren't on them. they could well be right but their drivel cannot be helping. Having said that it is a well populated forum.

I don't really think that an argumentative forum is particularly good and I am certainly not advocating that this forum should go down that route. I have had one or two spats on here, especially with a couple of, apparent, Sky employees when I have voiced my opinions of Sky and their charges. But generally speaking this forum has helped me and was interesting to read, once.
      speedyrite and seawright like this.

wizard200 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Gatwick
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Max + Sky Talk
      Router: SkyQ Hub ER110UK + SkyQ Booster EE120
      Sky TV: SkyQ 2Tb + mini
      Thanks

Good Morning All
      I have always thought that this was the ' Best Forum' for help & Information plus the every day posts from Scubbie many other
      moderators , regular members etc but that now seems to have gone by the way for some reason......

I am sure there are still ongoing problems & items of interest regarding SkyQ plus many other topics open for discussion but sadly
      maybe people are So worn out by the ' Great Brexit Saga' that they need a Rest plus now We are being slayed by the Local Elections.
      Hopefully they will return like Arnie in the Terminator ' They Will Be Back'......................
      !!!!!

Just a Thought ..................... !!!!!!!! Have a Good Easter............

speedyrite likes this.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

I am afraid one of the main reasons for the decline in the forum is improvements in the Official forum. They have managed to"poach" away some of our best members, including Scubbie and some others. I suppose it is inevitable that new members to Sky will go to the Official site rather than the Unofficial forum which I suppose they do not fully trust Many think they will get direct help from Sky, which is not true. Before, when we were the only help forum for Sky members, we were the top of the search in Google and was about the only place they had to go. These glory days are over I'm afraid.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

FelixTCat is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Tilehurst
      Broadband ISP: BT Infinity 2
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

I'm sorry to hear that Scubbie has crossed to the dark side. However, I was beginning to worry in case something nasty had happened to her (there again, perhaps it has!).

I hope that you are going to keep this site going.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Thank you Felix, I will certainly be hanging around as much as I can. As for Scubbie, I know she has been busy with her Diving stuff, so might not have diched us completely. Maybe she will log in and let us know she is OK.
      speedyrite likes this.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast