Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Like Tree1Likes
    • 1 Post By pete.i

Something good from Sky.

This is a discussion on Something good from Sky. within the General chat forums, part of the Community channel category; I don't often post anything good about Sky. Their television program content is junk (so is everybody else's) so I ...

pete.i is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01757
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Freesat/etc
      Thanks

Something good from Sky.

I don't often post anything good about Sky. Their television program content is junk (so is everybody else's) so I don't pay for that. 99% of films that come out are junk so I don't pay Sky for that rubbish. Again not entirely Sky's fault other than they try to foist this rubbish on to me.

Now for the good stuff. Sky's broadband is second to none. I have been with Sky since it's inception. I had British Satellite Broadcasting, with a squarial, until Sky took them over. Sky's ADSL didn't put a foot wrong ever. Sky's fibre broadband has been, at least, as good. I do wish Sky would buy decent routers and let me set up my own router instead of hiding stuff. I know this is "getroundable" but I shouldn't have to. I now have Sky's Talk Shield and whilst I did have a problem at first that was my fault not Sky's. Now I have it set up properly it is fantastic. 100% lock out of all scammers and people who hide their numbers and more to the point I don't have to see that someone has tried to ring me. Oh yeah and the robot has a nice soft voice unlike my BT Callguard.

2. Advertisement
      dog-man is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: About 130 mtrs from the cabinet.
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Asus 3200
      Sky TV: Freesat
      Thanks

Re: Something good from Sky.

I have also been with sky for internet since the day it became available at my exchange. I cannot fault them at all.

Sadly though, for them..... I shall almost certainly be leaving them unless I find any reason why I shouldn't, to sign up with Virgin which is coming to my street soon
      I cannot resist speeds upto 350 mb.

If Sky could offer similar speeds, I would definitely stay with them.

pete.i is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01757
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Freesat/etc
      Thanks

Re: Something good from Sky.

Quote Originally Posted by dog-man View Post
      I have also been with sky for internet since the day it became available at my exchange. I cannot fault them at all.

Sadly though, for them..... I shall almost certainly be leaving them unless I find any reason why I shouldn't, to sign up with Virgin which is coming to my street soon
      I cannot resist speeds upto 350 mb.

If Sky could offer similar speeds, I would definitely stay with them.
      Um yeah well I don't blame you for that. I would as well unless Sky could match those speeds. But living rural and in Yorkshire that aint gonna happen any time soon nor will we be getting Virgin cable. . So for me Sky fibre broadband and Sky Talk shield are excellent.
      bubblegun likes this.