Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Like Tree7Likes

R. I. P. (2017)

This is a discussion on R. I. P. (2017) within the General chat forums, part of the Community channel category; Big part of my chilhood....

dog-man is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: About 130 mtrs from the cabinet.
      Broadband ISP: Virgin. Over 500mb.
      Router: Asus 3200
      Sky TV: Freesat
      Thanks

Re: R. I. P. (2017)

Big part of my chilhood.

2. Advertisement
      Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non-Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,242 Times in 2,105 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dog-man View Post
      Big part of my chilhood.
      Likewise

PlusNet Fibre since Jan 2021
      Previously Sky Fibre & Sky BB since 2010.

marjohn56 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Cricklewood
      Broadband ISP: ZEN
      Router: Billion 8800NL(Modem Bridge) + OPNsense 21.7.a*
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2Tb+Mini
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dog-man View Post
      Big part of my chilhood.
      He can walk Shep again...

"Get down Shep!"
      dog-man likes this.
      --------------------------------------------------------
      Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.
      --------------------------------------------------------

lettice is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0.4 mile away and cabinet 350 yards
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Superfast + Boost
      Router: Sky Broadband Hub SR203
      Sky TV: SkyQ2tbV2+mini
      Thanks

Sad indeed, RIP John.
      I met him in the Beeb studios end of the 60s and again in the early 70s as part of Blue Peter live shows.
      Once with school and once as a cub.
      I did win a blue peter badge in early 70s for a painting I sent in, not top prize, if I remember it was one of the next ten prizes. Also went to BBC studios where Valerie and Peter awarded it to me, John was not there. They organised a big tour all around the Beeb that day, remember it well and I was filmed in the background a s a winner, but only the top three prize girls and boys were spoken to.
      Did win a few other of their comps and always got an acknowledgement when you were in the top prize winners. Haha! the days we licked stamps and used postcards and letters

That was good days of the Beeb, shame its turned into the BBC it is now, but it is really not the era for such an organisation like that anymore. Glad I experienced it.

I actually made loads of those blue peter things and remember making that Comic holder, probably have it somewhere in the loft with all my Beanos.
      Would love them to repeat all those old blue peter's from the 60s and 70s, many of us who were kids in the 60s and 70s would love them, but expect they are all gone to dust somewhere.
      Last edited by lettice; 29-05-17 at 12:39 PM.

Thanks

lettice is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0.4 mile away and cabinet 350 yards
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Superfast + Boost
      Router: Sky Broadband Hub SR203
      Sky TV: SkyQ2tbV2+mini
      Thanks

That ^ is just awful, why are they singing or talking in US accents for some of that.
      Thought they were British.

Thanks

They are British.

They do/did often change their voices to sound like the original artist.

Thanks

Coronation Street star Roy Barraclough dies aged 81

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-r...h-dies-aged-81
      Actor who played Alec Gilroy in the soap died on Thursday after a short illness, agent says

The former Coronation Street actor Julie Goodyear has led tributes to her former co-star and on-screen husband Roy Barraclough, who has died aged 81.

In an emotional statement on Thursday, Goodyear said she was devastated to hear of the death of her “dearest friend”.

During a 55-year career in theatre and on TV, Barraclough was best known for his Corrie character Alec Gilroy, who had a stormy marriage to Bet Lynch, played by Goodyear.

Goodyear, 75, said: “My dearest friend, Roy Barraclough, has passed away at 6am this morning. I have no words to describe how devastated I feel. We kept in close touch and spoke to each other at least two or three times every week.

“I will treasure all the happy times we had working and laughing together. We were just like a married couple – crazy, I know, but true. Rest in peace, Roy. I will always love you.”

A statement from Gavin Barker Associates said Barraclough had died following a short illness.

The actor made a number of brief appearances in Coronation Street throughout the 1960s and 70s, before becoming a regular face on the cobbles from 1986 until 1992, and returning again in 1996 for two years.

The Coronation Street team shared a nostalgic clip from his days on the ITV soap on Twitter, describing him as a man who brought “warmth and love” to the show.

But Barraclough fans will also know him as one half of Les Dawson’s TV comedy double act that stormed to success in the 1970s.

He had originally stepped in to fill the shoes of Dawson’s previous partner – who had been put off by his attitude to rehearsing – and the pair went on to create some of the nation’s favourite sketches, including gossipy housewives Cissie and Ada.

Dawson’s daughter Charlotte wrote on Twitter: “Omg I’m devastated ... at least you get to be reunited with my daddy.”

Comedian Matt Lucas posted a picture of himself and Barraclough filming 2015 show Pompidou. He wrote: “Happy days with Roy Barraclough on ‘Pompidou’. Lovely man, brilliant actor.”

Barraclough’s more recent television roles included Casualty, Last of the Summer Wine and Last Tango in Halifax, as well as an appearance as Mr Grainger on the BBC’s one-off tribute to Are You Being Served? last year.

Coronation Street bosses have promised to dedicate Thursday night’s episode to Barraclough’s memory. Executive producer Kieran Roberts said: “Roy was a delightful person as well as a wonderful actor and will be greatly missed by all of us connected with the programme.

“The fact that the character of Alec Gilroy was at the heart of the show for so many years and was held in such affection by so many fans is a tribute to Roy’s genius, for drama as well as comedy.”

Last edited by Scubbie; 08-06-17 at 02:02 PM.

Thanks

Actor Peter Sallis dies aged 96

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-r...nd-gromit-dies
      Death of Last of the Summer Wine star and voice of inventor in hit animation Wallace and Gromit announced by agent

Peter Sallis, the actor best known for his work on Last of the Summer Wine and Wallace and Gromit, has died at the age of 96. The actor provided the voice for Wallace in the Nick Park films, three of which won Oscars, and spent decades playing Norman Clegg as part of the original cast of Britain’s longest-running sitcom.

“It is with sadness that we announce that our client Peter Sallis died peacefully, with his family by his side, at Denville Hall on Friday, June 2,” his agents, Jonathan Altaras Associates, said.

Sallis was already an experienced actor before he took the role on Last of the Summer Wine, with more than 25 years in the business. The programme made him a recognisable figure throughout the UK, while he found international fame late in life for his Wallace and Gromit appearances.

Recognition for Wallace and Gromit so late in his life also brought him happiness. “It is pleasing knowing millions are going to see your work and enjoy it. To still be involved in a project like this at my age is heartwarming. To have a legacy like this is very comforting. I am very lucky to have been involved,” he was quoted as saying.

He originally agreed to be involved with Wallace and Gromit in 1983 in return for a 50 donation to his chosen charity after Park, then a student, wrote to him. It was six years later that the first Wallace and Gromit film, A Grand Day Out, reached the screen. The short film was nominated for an Oscar.

Its follow-ups, The Wrong Trousers and A Close Shave in the early 1990s, and the The Curse of the Were-Rabbit in 2006, were Oscar winners and each of the films won a Bafta.

Tony Hall, director general of the BBC, said: “Alongside Last of the Summer Wine, Peter Sallis featured in many of the BBC’s most popular programmes. He was a marvellous actor - who could forget that remarkable voice? Peter will be greatly missed by his many fans. Our thoughts are with his family and friends.”

Sallis was born in Twickenham in south-west London. His father was a bank manager, his mother a housewife. He did not initially show much interest in acting and his only link to the stage was his grandmother, who ran a theatrical boarding house in Northampton.

He followed his father into banking after leaving school, but signed up with the RAF when the second world war broke out. However, he failed his aircrew medical and instead became a radio instructor based at RAF Cranwell in Lincolnshire for the duration of the war.

It was at Cranwell that he was asked to appear in a performance of Hay Fever in 1943. An interest in acting was sparked and, when he was demobbed in 1946, he won a scholarship to Rada.

His first TV role came in 1947, playing Quince in a production of A Midsummer Night’s Dream.

Thanks

Glenne Headly, star of Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, dies aged 62

Glenne Headly, star of Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, dies aged 62 - BBC News
      Glenne Headly, the Emmy-nominated US actress who appeared in such films as Dirty Rotten Scoundrels and Dick Tracy, has died at the age of 62.

Her death was confirmed to the BBC "with deep sorrow" by her representatives.

Headly was an early member of Chicago's famed Steppenwolf Theatre Company, as was her first husband John Malkovich.

She was recently seen in HBO's The Night Of and had been filming comedy series Future Man.

Headly was nominated for an Emmy for 1989 miniseries Lonesome Dove and again for 1996's ******* Out of Carolina.

She is survived by her second husband Byron McCulloch and their son Stirling.

Born in 1955 in New London, Connecticut, Headly bought a bubbly comic energy to such films as Woody Allen's The Purple Rose of Cairo and 2001's What's the Worst that Could Happen?.

Yet she was also seen in dramatic roles in such films as Mr Holland's Opus and this year's The Circle, in which she played Emma Watson's mother.

Michael McKean, who starred with her in a 2002 TV pilot, was among the first to pay tribute to her on Twitter, remembering her as "a fine actress and a good person".

It is not yet known how Headly died.
      Note: Other news stories suggest that she was 63. Wikipedia (sometime wrong on such matters) give her DOB as 13th March 1954.

(Dr. Abby Keaton)

(Dr. Abby Keaton)

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast