Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Like Tree3Likes
    • 1 Post By dog-man
    • 2 Post By Isitme

Goodwill to all (Day 10)

This is a discussion on Goodwill to all (Day 10) within the General chat forums, part of the Community channel category; Show kindness and generosity to all those around you. This is a simple phrase that is asking everyone to be ...

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,224 Times in 2,093 Posts

Goodwill to all (Day 10)

Show kindness and generosity to all those around you.

This is a simple phrase that is asking everyone to be nice to one another for the Christmas period. We often hear it, but how many actually stick with it?

The Equality Act (2010) actually lists 9 specific characteristics that are protected. How many of you can name them all?

What about those characteristics which aren't included? For example having red hair isn't protected, nor is eterochromia iridum (different coloured eyes).

Why should we show goodwill to all just for the Christmas period though? Should we not consider fellow humans worthy of our respect all year round?

There are many stories in the press all year round where someone has an issue with someone else because <insert reason here>.

Have they forgotten the phrase 'variety is the spice of life'?

The world is not perfect. There is enough going on elsewhere to worry about. Isn't it time we settled these differences and learned to accept one another?

Of course bullies will always try to force their opinions across, often with violence. This is not right.

I trust that you will all have a beautiful day.

P.S. The protected characteristics are: age; disability; gender reassignment; marriage and civil partnership; pregnancy and maternity; race; religion or belief; sex; sexual orientation.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

2. Advertisement
      dog-man is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: About 130 mtrs from the cabinet.
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Asus 3200
      Sky TV: Freesat
      Thanks

Re: Goodwill to all (Day 10)

I had bright red hair when I was a boy. Life could be hell, just based on that fact.
      Every day I would be involved in a fight just because of my hair. Luckily, I was a big bugger and won most but it still eventually wore me down mentally and I am sure I had some degree of depression because of it.

Even teachers at school would abuse me with names to describe the fact I had red hair.

Something good did come out of it though. It made me strong and I always stood up to bullying even as an adult in the workplace.
      At work, I am labeled as a troublemaker just because I stand up for my rights and am unmoveable when I know I am right.

I always say that I know something of what it can be like to be black in some parts of our country.
      My hair has darkened now, but I do sometimes wish it hadn't as I quite liked my hair colour. Most people said it was tiesan??? (not sure about spelling).

My life did change for the better when David Bowie was going through his 'Aladdin Sane' period. My hair was the exact same colour and my peers were paying to get their hair dyed that colour. I just needed my hair cut to that style and then I removed my eybrows as he did.
      Everyone was jealous. Mind you, when doing any physical exercise, the sweat ran down into my eyes and blinded me.

Oh happy and sad days!
      Scubbie likes this.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

It made me strong and I always stood up to bullying even as an adult in the workplace.
      A bit like 'A Boy Name Sue'.

dholdi and Scubbie like this.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

dog-man is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: About 130 mtrs from the cabinet.
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Asus 3200
      Sky TV: Freesat
      Thanks

Exactly!

gymno Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

My granddad told me all about being left-handed at school back in the day.

Definitely not the good ol' days.