Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sound Bar

This is a discussion on Sound Bar within the General chat forums, part of the Community channel category; Just bought a 40" Linsar TV great picture dissapointed with the sound a bit tinny,I was thinking of getting a ...

artblue is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 8368
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Sound Bar

Just bought a 40" Linsar TV great picture dissapointed with the sound a bit tinny,I was thinking of getting a sound bar they have one in Amazon for 22 I noticed that the feed backs were good and are they easy to fit I'm not very good at setting up things.

2. Advertisement
      lettice is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0.4 mile away and cabinet 350 yards
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Superfast + Boost
      Router: Sky Broadband Hub SR203
      Sky TV: SkyQ2tbV2+mini
      Thanks

Re: Sound Bar

Quote Originally Posted by artblue View Post
      Just bought a 40" Linsar TV great picture dissapointed with the sound a bit tinny,I was thinking of getting a sound bar they have one in Amazon for 22 I noticed that the feed backs were good and are they easy to fit I'm not very good at setting up things.
      Do you have a link to it, 22 is low for a decent sound bar, or could just be a pc or tablet one?

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Re: Sound Bar

To be honest at 22 I doubt if it is much good. If its this one Goodmans GDSB02BT20 20W 2.0 Speaker Bar Theatre System: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics then it gets some good reviews, but with over 20% 2* or worse, I would not risk it. 20 watts is a bit under powered for my liking. I have this one Sony HT-CT80 2.1 Channel Surround Soundbar and Subwoofer with Bluetooth/NFC Function: Amazon.co.uk: TV and at 80watts it does not exactly blow you away, although it is otherwise very good. It will not work with a Sky remote, but it does with my Harmony 350.

As for setting them up, its fairly easy just a case of plugging the sound outputs into the red/black sockets on the Sky box or TV. Turn off the built in TV speakers for the best results. Use the TV inputs if you have something like a DVD players attached to the TV, otherwise the outputs from the box are best.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.