Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Like Tree1Likes
    • 1 Post By carpy

BTO Replied !!

This is a discussion on BTO Replied !! within the General chat forums, part of the Community channel category; When BT told us four years ago that we were getting FTTC we didn't expect to still be waiting for ...

carpy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01474
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

BTO Replied !!

When BT told us four years ago that we were getting FTTC we didn't expect to still be waiting for it now but we are and after asking several times and being
      told it will be April this year,then September, then October and then June 2015, i emailed BTO and asked why we were being given these time estimates if they are all so unrealistic, in fact April was given as a definite start date back in January

i had this reply from BTO and although we have still got a long wait at least someone has taken the time to explain what the hold up is

" Thank you for your enquiry about fibre broadband

I have checked your details provided and can confirm you are connected to Longfield exchange cabinet 14
      This exchange is fibre enabled and excepting order
      Cabinet 14 is part of the Openreach Commercial NGA roll-out programme to be upgraded to fibre
      I am sorry that you have been misled about the current status of your cabinet

I have spoken to the Fibre Project manager for your area and he has confirmed that there are still ongoing issues with providing the network infrastructure to this cabinet before this cabinet can go live
      He has advised this is now requiring a further 40 meters of new ductwork to be provided which goes under the railway bridge and agreement /consent with Rail track is required before we can recommence

Deploying fibre cabinets is a complex engineering challenge, which involves not only provision of fibre, but availability of power connections, planning consent for the cabinet itself in some cases, road closures, traffic management permissions and space within our duct network to make the necessary connections.
      In a small number of cases we encounter problems which delay the cabinet and take time to resolve; as such, we endeavour to give the most accurate date as possible at the time of replying. If we subsequently then encounter further problems which delay the rollout, we cannot be held accountable as all dates are advisory onlyThank you for your enquiry about fibre broadband "

no nearer getting fibre but it is good to know that it is engineering problems that are holding it up and not simply that we had been forgotten
      seawright likes this.

2. Advertisement
      Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,224 Times in 2,093 Posts

Re: BTO Replied !!

They want one of those Moles which can dig tunnels for the fibre cable. If they do it late at night then Railtrack won't be any the wiser.

P.S. Not one of these moles:

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

carpy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01474
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Thanks

Re: BTO Replied !!

I don't know,would be quicker than BT