Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Like Tree1Likes

BSkyB Interim Results for 2012/2013 - due 31/01/2013

This is a discussion on BSkyB Interim Results for 2012/2013 - due 31/01/2013 within the General chat forums, part of the Community channel category; Lots of programme/channel news announced today along with the financials. When will Jeremy Darroch be doing the press conference?...

cylon6 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0208
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: BSkyB Interim Results for 2012/2013 - due 31/01/2013

Lots of programme/channel news announced today along with the financials. When will Jeremy Darroch be doing the press conference?

2. Advertisement
      Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,224 Times in 2,093 Posts

Half year report January 2013

Results for the six months ended 31 December 2012
      The following is a summary of what I feel many of our members may be interested in. Please click the link above to view the report in full. There are some other annoucements today, these will be covered elsewhere.

Some highlights:

• Use of Sky Go increased by 46% over the past year.
      • Over 9 million viewers watched Sky Sports F1 in its first year
      • Profits up 8% before tax

As at 31-Dec-12 As at 31-Dec-11 Annual Growth Quarterly Growth to 31-Dec-12
      Products (‘000s)
      TV (DTH and NOW TV) 10,358 10,253 +105 +50
      HD 4,561 4,063 +498 +93
      Multiroom 2,467 2,350 +117 +44
      Broadband 4,235 3,651 +584 +132
      Telephony 4,022 3,407 +615 +134
      Line rental 3,870 3,106 +764 +162
      Paid-for subscription products 29,513 26,830 +2,683 +615
      Connected Sky+HD boxes 1,715 442 +1,273 +460
      Sky Go unique users 3,066 2,107 +959 +298
      Total Customers 10,742 10,471 +271 +88

Regarding On Demand:

Average weekly downloads more than doubled in the quarter from 1.8 million to 4.4 million by the end of December – more than four times the number of downloads 12 months earlier – with Sky content accounting for more than 50% of the downloads.
      Now TV:

We are also developing new ways to distribute our content to customers with NOW TV, our new internet TV service. We continued to build awareness of the service, which currently provides access to Sky Movies, with the launch of a new marketing campaign in the quarter, registering 25,000 monthly pass customers at the end of December. We plan to develop NOW TV further with the launch of Sky Sports later this year, following a beta test of the service which started in December. Under the new offer, customers will get unlimited access for a 24-hour period to the full range of sports that we offer over all six Sky Sports channels for just £9.99.
      Sky+ HD STB penetration:

The proportion of Sky households with fully-connected HD set-top boxes continues to grow. Just under half a million boxes (460,000) were activated in the quarter, taking the total number of connected boxes to 1.7 million.
      Over 70% of our customers now have our most reliable Sky+HD box, driving down annualised service rates by almost 90% versus four years ago.
      Customer Service:

As part of our drive to improve further the efficiency and effectiveness of our home service operation, we have agreed a deal to bring around 700 engineers that work for our outsource partner, AVC, in-house as Sky employees later in 2013. This will give us one integrated nationwide team of engineers all working under a single set of processes. We have also this month opened a new contact centre in Ireland where we are creating 900 new jobs to help us better serve our Irish customers.
      Our initiatives on service delivery helped Sky to come top in Ofcom’s Customer Service Satisfaction survey in December 2012 across all three of fixed telephony, broadband and pay TV. We also received recognition of our leading service from the consumer group, uSwitch, winning four awards for best technical support, best customer service, most recommended broadband and best pay TV provider.
      We also generated savings from receiving fewer calls into the call centres as we focus on getting it right first time together with increased utilisation of the online self-help options.
      Exceptional Items
      Reported operating profit of £679 million includes an exceptional gain of £32 million within direct network costs relating to a credit note received from BT following an Ofcom determination which requires BT to repay monies to Sky for overcharged-for Ethernet services (backhaul) between 2006/07 and 2009/10. Ofcom’s determination may be appealed in the Competition Appeal Tribunal. Subject to the outcome of any such appeal, we intend to ensure that our customers benefit from this decision by spending the majority of this on a one-time basis in customer-facing areas of the business in the second half of the year.
      Internet

• 4.235 million subscribers
      • 2,108 Exchanges with Sky's LLU kit
      • No specific mention about Fibre Broadband
      NewsreadeR likes this.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

cylon6 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0208
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Where there any big tech or programme announcements apart from the ones released earlier today?

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

I think this is one of the most significant parts of the report. It should mean better customer support with less chance of being constantly asked to do the same checks with each agent you speak to.

As part of our drive to improve further the efficiency and effectiveness of our home service operation, we have agreed a deal to bring around 700 engineers that work for our outsource partner, AVC, in-house as Sky employees later in 2013. This will give us one integrated nationwide team of engineers all working under a single set of processes.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

bubblegun is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: near Glasgow
      Broadband ISP: Sky ADSL
      Router: Billion 7400
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2TB
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      I think this is one of the most significant parts of the report. It should mean better customer support with less chance of being constantly asked to do the same checks with each agent you speak to.
      This is about installers though, it has nothing to do with the contact centres.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
      Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of Sky

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bubblegun View Post
      This is about installers though, it has nothing to do with the contact centres.

That's a pity. I thought it referred to Help personel.

They really need to use a proper 'ticket' system, where a complaint is properly recorded and remains active until the customer is satisfied. This seems to be their biggest failing.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

speedyrite is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: MYHGT
      Broadband ISP: NOW Broadband
      Router: NOW TV Hub Two
      Sky TV: NOW TV
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Totally agree about the lack of a customer facing problem ticket system!

There are countless threads and posts on the Sky Help Forum raised by folks who don't call Sky for whatever reason, but simply log their problems and complaints on the forum with the expectation of a reply from and some action to be taken by Sky.
      ++ speedyrite ... powered by NOW Broadband from June 2018 ++
      (previously powered by Sky Broadband from July 2007)

bubblegun is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: near Glasgow
      Broadband ISP: Sky ADSL
      Router: Billion 7400
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2TB
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      That's a pity. I thought it referred to Help personel.

They really need to use a proper 'ticket' system, where a complaint is properly recorded and remains active until the customer is satisfied. This seems to be their biggest failing.
      I agree too. I see tickets raised on accounts all the time where the customer is told to wait for a callback but there is no activity for 7 days and then the ticket is automatically closed.
      Then the customer calls to complain but the ticket is closed so a new one has to be opened and it repeats.

Anyone here work in technical? Does the customer get emailed or texted to advise that it has been closed due to inactivity?

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of Sky

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12