Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Orange Loyalty offers

This is a discussion on Orange Loyalty offers within the General chat forums, part of the Community channel category; So I've came to the end of my contract, currently paying 36 for 100 mins, 500Mb and 500 texts. Want ...

reddwarfcrew is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Orange Loyalty offers

So I've came to the end of my contract, currently paying 36 for 100 mins, 500Mb and 500 texts. Want to move to Three for 12.60 (1 mth contract) with 200 mins, 5000 texts and all you can eat data.

Rang up orange and navigated the options to be greeted with the welcome of the 'Loyalty' team. I said I wanted to leave orange. He said do you want your PAC code to take your number. I said yes and can I have the unlock code. He then sent me the PAC code. Didn't ask why I wanted to leave, or ask if there was anything that would make me stay.

Got through to the unlock team who said it would be 20, total disgrace but hey ho, then said it would be 20 working days due to Apple (when vodafone quote 5 days and Three quote 3 days).

I've been with Orange for about 20 years in one form or another. In all that time, they have had atrocious customer service and the most unhelpful company I have ever come across.

I do wonder how successful their loyalty team are at retaining customers with that approach?

Hey ho, soon be free of them and if Three are no good, I'm only on a 1mth contract.

New sim arrives on Tues as does the iPhone 5

2. Advertisement
      Paul2003 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Leamington Spa
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Fibre
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Thanks

Orange Loyalty offers

I was with Orange for 12 years they were great at first then the last few years there customer services went downhill fast, been with Vodafone few years now never had a problem

Sent from my iPhone

James_Mitchell is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Max
      Router: Sky Q Hub
      Thanks

Re: Orange Loyalty offers

Regarding the loyalty offers. I think as the cost of handsets keeps increasing and tariffs are now so competitive (i.e. cheap - the Uk has some of the lowest price mobile phone tariffs in the world now), the mobile networks tariff profit margins are decreasing to a point where they can no longer afford to offer any incentives to stay with them. I'm no expert but as far as I can see, there's no way unlimited data tariffs can be sustainable for much longer.

Sorry but I'm going to say it...Three customer service is an absolute disgrace. If you think Orange is bad, you have not seen anything yet!!

It's a job and a half trying to get a PAC out of them if you want to cancel. They simply will not take no for answer if you ring up to cancel. I ended up having to post via Facebook (Three have now changed their FB page to read only as it was full of similar posts and issues) which then got escalated to their exec offices, and even then, the person was trying his hardest to not get me to cancel.

I wouldn't wish their service onto my worst enemy.

Their network is also creaking under the strains of so many people been on unlimited data tariffs now as well. That was one of the reasons why I wanted to cancel, the 3G speeds dropped to below 1mb here. They even tried to convince me a new mast was on it's way in my area to improve their network and speeds here. I knew this was complete BS as I have a friend who works in our local planning office and they had checked and there where no applications what so ever for any new masts.
      Last edited by James_Mitchell; 18-11-12 at 02:11 PM.