Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Copy from PVR to PC or portable hard drive

This is a discussion on Copy from PVR to PC or portable hard drive within the General chat forums, part of the Community channel category; I have a VHS Machine that I can also record onto DVD (both in one unit) Blue Ray player / ...

Northern Boy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Freeview
      Thanks

Re: Copy from PVR to PC or portable hard drive

I have a VHS Machine that I can also record onto DVD (both in one unit) Blue Ray player / HDD Recorder and they are all connected via HDMI cables to a plasma TV. NFI how i managed to get all the cables correctly connected! What capture device did you name please? When I used Pinnacle it came up with "Weak or no signal" and that will be on its way to the bin quite soon. I did order the Video Capture Card I mentioned in my 1st post. I ordered it last night and hope that it everything will be sorted after that. I shall expect disappointment and anything that actually works will come as a nice bonus! 2 or 3 days and you will hear the shout of joy from the cold land of North East England. Kindest regards

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

What capture device did you name please?
      Post #3.

The card you have ordered should do the job fine.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Isitme For This Useful Post:

Northern Boy (09-07-12)

Northern Boy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Freeview
      Thanks

hmmmm. it can only because it is friday 13th that there is a little bit of a technical "hitch" with the card I have installed and named (I think) in my 1st post. All i want is to be able to look at the free to air files that are on the Samsung hdr and which i have attached to new capture card (installed) via a HDMI cable. What I was guessing I would get (HDR listed as additional hard drive?) is not happending. I can see the a / partioned c and D drive) / 2 dvd drives (E & F/ 2 other hard drives (G & H) I do not want to watch tv through my PC and want to access the free to air files off the samsung HDR. Could Scubbie or IsItMe be able to give me an idea on where I am going wrong. Most things i have tried to do with my PC tend to suggest I have the reverse midas touch. Everything I touch turns to ****. I have installed the software on the cd that came with the card. Many thanks in advance. I have as much hair left now as the cryptkeeper avatar I use!

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

I think you will have to play the program you want to transfer and capture it with the software. How you do this will depend on the software you are using. I use Arcsoft Showbiz, the attached pic shows the interface in Editing mode.Copy from PVR to PC or portable hard drive-sb1.jpg

This is the last one I did and I am now editing out some bits I don't want. You will have to capture in real time, drag and drop is not possible.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Isitme For This Useful Post:

Northern Boy (13-07-12)

Chug a Bug is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Yes
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: none
      Thanks

The Pinnacle and other devices only record SD if you want HD you need the Hauppauge HD-PVR which will record up to 1080i, I use to record HD iPlayer streams that are otherwise encrypted.

Thats if I forgot to watch/record it live, for that I have a PCI satellite TV card on my PC that will record in HD (or they're not available on BT/usenet)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12