Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Here we go again...

This is a discussion on Here we go again... within the General chat forums, part of the Community channel category; Greetings, After spotting this: BBC News - Dozens arrested in paedophile abuse raids I wonder if it will be as ...

UseLess is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Demon
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD & Sky+
      Thanks

Here we go again...

Greetings,

After spotting this: BBC News - Dozens arrested in paedophile abuse raids I wonder if it will be as succesfull as Operation Ore wasn't. After all the only thing some people affected by Ore did was have thier credit card number stolen, yet they still are not allowed to see their children.

Another national disgrace in the making, because lets face it the powers than be never learn.
      Quote:
      Life is like a toilet roll, the closer you get to the end the faster it goes....

SkyUser Pinger | Password Generator | Test Socket

2. Advertisement
      Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,224 Times in 2,093 Posts

Re: Here we go again...

Sadly there will always be some who will find other ways to get around this problem.

Taking another look at the issues over TPB recently, you can see how hard it can be to block these sites and track those who are accessing them.

Thankfully the Police are doing something, even if it does appear to be not a great deal.

The joke to me though is that I know of one individual who has been convicted and has to sign on to the Sec Register for their offence. Guess what business they got into? Running their own business selling Sweets. I understand that they are now in another line of employment.

There are a lot of holes in the UK Laws.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

UseLess is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Demon
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD & Sky+
      Thanks

Greetings,

The main problem is the police, going off half-cocked and using information supplied by the likes of the FBI which has not been verified to be accurate. Operation Ore destroyed lives, families and in some cases resulted in some people taking their own life. All because no one bothered to check information supplied by the US authorities was accurate, which later turned out not to be but by the time that happened people were running for cover and protecting themselves or just blaming someone else.

I know abuse of a child is horrible and I'd go to prison if someone hurt one of mine, but the powers that be should verify evidence is accurate before accusing someone. Because even an accusation can destroy someones life, even if proved to be unfounded it will still show up on the likes of a CRB check even though they were innocent.

Just like a mate of mine who was accused of domestic violence, even though it was proved to be a false allegation (ex-girlfriend being clever) he can now not be a teacher as he has a police record for violence. Therefore it will show up on a CRB check.
      Quote:
      Life is like a toilet roll, the closer you get to the end the faster it goes....

SkyUser Pinger | Password Generator | Test Socket

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,224 Times in 2,093 Posts

The Sun infamously ran a campaign back in 2000/2001 naming and shaming people. This caused a lot of violence as they often printed pictures of innocent people. Unfortunately the crowds were already forming outside the homes of those who had been exposed.

As for going to prison in order to protect your own children, I can fully understand that sentiment.

I would have expected the record to have been removed if the allegation was proved in court to be false.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms