Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Like Tree3Likes

Sky on Watchdog tonight

This is a discussion on Sky on Watchdog tonight within the General chat forums, part of the Community channel category; Originally Posted by mcphailan. At least the Beeb did the decent thing and rubbished Virgin too Newsreader - that's 1000 ...

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Re: Sky on Watchdog tonight

Quote Originally Posted by mcphailan. View Post
      At least the Beeb did the decent thing and rubbished Virgin too

Newsreader - that's 1000 and 500 calls to Watchdog, not quite the same thing as overall complaints, but yes - still a barometer of kinds.
      1500 complaints / calls out of approx 15 million combined customers, I would not be too bothered about that at all.

At least both Sky and VM acknowledged the issues and even took steps to make sure that customers could contact them by providing the details for the BBC to put on the screen.

Pontins just put some person who obviously and in my opinion only, doesn't even know what customer service is. People don't want to know that they have paid peanuts for a company that was in administration do they?

They just want clean places to stay whilst on holiday, especially after paying all that money. I have been in plenty of caravans that look shabby, but at least they are very clean once you actually live in them for the weekend or whatever.
      ~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

2. Advertisement
      mcphailan. is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: South Harrow
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Thanks

Yes I thought both Sky and Virgin responded very professionally to the complaint features.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

I knew that the dwarfs would be thrown
      I thought Dwarf Throwing was frowned upon.
      Mike Tindall gropes blonde | The Sun |News

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non-Sky Router
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,242 Times in 2,105 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NewsreadeR View Post
      I bet we get more complaints then Watchdog do for Sky on the forums, or failing that, I would practically guarantee, that we get more than 1000 people looking to resolve their problems in just one hour by visiting this site.

A lot of the time, solutions are easily found, without the need to contact Sky anyway.
      I would expect that Watchdog would get a lot of complaints, but in fairness to them, they can only show the most extreme examples.

As for people visiting this site and resolving their issues, the visitor figures can be frightening but I think that you could be right. Whilst there are other forums available and many do visit them too, I hope that those who have posted their problems have helped many others who have had similar issues.

Sure I do contribute, but I will freely admit that I have been grateful from many of the threads too. I trust this is the same for many of the other regular members.

Quote Originally Posted by NewsreadeR View Post
      I think the company that should be worried after last night's programme should be Pontins, and if I were the gaffer I would sack that woman who represented them. She didn't even have the balls to say sorry, or even acknowledge the issues that were proven in front of her own eyes.
      She was begging for a fight with fight Anne. Obviously she wanted to get her message across, but Anne wanted them to offer something better for those who had had their holidays ruined.

As Anne tried to show, it wasn't alright for some people to have a lovely time, whilst the rest lived in squalor for their holidays. A clean-up crew hired in for a week (plenty of unemployed around at the moment would have been grateful for the work) could have made mince-meat of those chalets and left them spotless.

PlusNet Fibre since Jan 2021
      Previously Sky Fibre & Sky BB since 2010.

mcphailan. is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: South Harrow
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Thanks

God the Fairy Tale analogy was tedious....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12