Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sky Refuse Refund

This is a discussion on Sky Refuse Refund within the General chat forums, part of the Community channel category; I am having problems getting Sky to refund money they shouldn't have taken from my account. For the last two ...

The-Rocker is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0161
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Sky Refuse Refund

I am having problems getting Sky to refund money they shouldn't have taken from my account. For the last two months they have charged me 35.05 for not having my Multiroom boxes connected to a working phoneline, when they are connected. Even after two engineer visits, both of who found both boxes were making successful callbacks, I was still charged this cost twice. I have spoken to so called customer services twice and on both times was told the money will be refunded into my account. So I waited and waited. Needless to say it never arrived, so I sent an email to Sky asking when this money will be refunded. In the reply they say

"There is no way for us to refund this straight into your bank account, it has to stay on your sky account. Whilst I realise that you may be disappointed with the decision made, I hope that you can appreciate our position on this matter."

Surely this can't be right. They took money they had no right to. It's my money, and I want it back. No I do not appreciate your position on this matter. Even when I said they were in breach of the direct debit agreement, ie taking more money than showed on my bill, I got no answer. Sky are really peeing me off by messing me around like this. I am on a tight budget so when I check my account, see how much my bill is for I know how much I need to have in the bank to pay the bill. When they took more than I was expecting it caused me a lot of financial problems.

Sky are a company I will not encourage anyone to join.

2. Advertisement
      newbuilder is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Sky Refuse Refund

If you are paying by Direct Debit you can call your bank and make a claim through the Direct Debit Indemnity Scheme.

This scheme is set up so that the bank give you the full monthly payment back (two in your case) and they then go on to claim it back themselves. This will mean you will owe Sky money but they can then request the correct amount.

The indemnity scheme is set up in such a way that the customer should never be out of pocket. You will receive the refund the same worrking day (or over night) and the bank will recover the cost from the company.

Please note that indemnity recovery will be the full monthly fee and cannot be part.
      ------

Advice given is in good faith and if taken is done so at your own risk. If in doubt consult a qualified person.

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,224 Times in 2,093 Posts

Re: Sky Refuse Refund

Quote Originally Posted by The-Rocker View Post
      "There is no way for us to refund this straight into your bank account, it has to stay on your sky account. Whilst I realise that you may be disappointed with the decision made, I hope that you can appreciate our position on this matter."
      What absolute rubbish.

As newbuilder has mentioned, you DO have protections under the Direct Debit Scheme.

Take a look at this link:

The smart way to pay - Direct Debit Help Centre

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms