Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Customer service?

This is a discussion on Customer service? within the General chat forums, part of the Community channel category; I didn't know where to post this as I am a new member but am in desperate need of advice. ...

SCassells is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Virgin Media XXL 50MB
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: V+ HD
      Thanks

Customer service?

I didn't know where to post this as I am a new member but am in desperate need of advice.

I've been a member of Sky for several months and have had nothing but problems.
      After being mis-sold Sky then compensated with 72 credit added to my account and a free line rental offer and 17.34 off per month for three months offer added to my account, it just got worse.

I had a friend who currently works for Sky in their Newcastle based call centre who was in need of a place to live, so I helped out and let him move in with me as we had been friends for a couple of years.

Things ended badly and I gave him his notice and asked him to move out.
      The place he moved into was a listed building and he was not allowed a Sky dish on the wall, so because he had originally created my 'Sky Player' account online for me he decided to use his 'power' at Sky to upgrade my account from the 2 pack to Sky World. Boosting my bill from (due to offers) 19pm to 81pm.
      In doing this he used up the credit I'd had on my account and removed all offers.

Every time I recieved a notification through the post about movies or sports or Sky World being added I would phone up and ask what they were going to do about this issue and obvious fraud and personal security risk and all I got was defensive abusive behaviour.

I am now over 350 out of pocket through the many times my account has been fraudulently changed and through offers I have lost and am at my wits end.

They won't let me cancel my contract and I have even moved house so that he didn't know my details to keep changing my account.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated and I'm sorry for how long this post is!

2. Advertisement
      reddwarfcrew is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Customer service?

Escalate it to their CEO, providing very clear bullet point details:

jeremy.darroch@bskyb.com

I'm sure he'll take it very very seriously and you'll get treated well. The team that pick up these emails are most helpful.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to reddwarfcrew For This Useful Post:

SCassells (16-01-11)

indefatigable is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: BB tech Support + Max
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD 2TB
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SCassells View Post
      I didn't know where to post this as I am a new member but am in desperate need of advice.

I've been a member of Sky for several months and have had nothing but problems.
      After being mis-sold Sky then compensated with 72 credit added to my account and a free line rental offer and 17.34 off per month for three months offer added to my account, it just got worse.

I had a friend who currently works for Sky in their Newcastle based call centre who was in need of a place to live, so I helped out and let him move in with me as we had been friends for a couple of years.

Things ended badly and I gave him his notice and asked him to move out.
      The place he moved into was a listed building and he was not allowed a Sky dish on the wall, so because he had originally created my 'Sky Player' account online for me he decided to use his 'power' at Sky to upgrade my account from the 2 pack to Sky World. Boosting my bill from (due to offers) 19pm to 81pm.
      In doing this he used up the credit I'd had on my account and removed all offers.

Every time I recieved a notification through the post about movies or sports or Sky World being added I would phone up and ask what they were going to do about this issue and obvious fraud and personal security risk and all I got was defensive abusive behaviour.

I am now over 350 out of pocket through the many times my account has been fraudulently changed and through offers I have lost and am at my wits end.

They won't let me cancel my contract and I have even moved house so that he didn't know my details to keep changing my account.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated and I'm sorry for how long this post is!
      I think the first thing you need to realise is that this is your fault, not Skys. Whilst it is a bit poor whats happened, this has occurred because of decisions you made in the past i.e. letting your friend know your security details. Sky has no responsibility for this, so do not expect any financial compensation from them for it.

However, there is a few things you can do. First, change the password and security details for your online login. This means security answer, contact email address, and if you can, change the financial details. If your friend knows your Sky account number or viewing card number, then he will still be able to gain access to the account, but you can at least make it more difficult.

secondly, email sky explaining the situation, making sure that you acknowledge your mistakes, and kindly ask them to downgrade your package back to what you had. Also, ask if there is a possibility of having the offers put back on, but do not expect this. offers change all the time and they might not be able to add them back on.

Do not ask for a refund, as again, its your fault this happened. It will come across wrong, an you are less likely to get a sympathetic ear. I'd say the best you can hope for is that you go back to your old package, perhaps with some of the offers you previously had

Exchange:
      Thanks

I understand your point and it would be valid had I given him any of my account details or security details. However, as he 'jokingly' pointed out a few times all he needed was my name and telephone number to access my account at work.

Is it my fault for my telephone number being known by close friends? Or that I at some point told him my name?

Thankyou reddwarfcrew for your helpful input, I'll send an email straight away.

PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

If he did it internally then he will be sacked if he is still there. If he isn't there then they will still be able to see his access on your account as his details will be logged against the account access. It's not your fault that your mate knew your telephone details and name but then it's not Skys fault either if an agent goes rogue.
      Escalate it as suggested, ask them to check for your ex-mates access details on your account, tell them when he left your property so that they know that anything after that date was without your knowledge and then give them a date you would like a resolution by before you escalate this further as it is a breach of your account details and a breach of Skys' internal systems.

indefatigable is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: BB tech Support + Max
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD 2TB
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SCassells View Post
      I understand your point and it would be valid had I given him any of my account details or security details. However, as he 'jokingly' pointed out a few times all he needed was my name and telephone number to access my account at work.

Is it my fault for my telephone number being known by close friends? Or that I at some point told him my name?

Thankyou reddwarfcrew for your helpful input, I'll send an email straight away.
      thats not what you said in your first post. You said he set up your Sky ID, so to do this he needed to know your security details. If he knew this, he could easily upgrade your account from any computer, and didn't need to do it via work.

If he did upgrade your account by accessing your details through the internal Sky systems, then that is a slightly different matter, but that is not what you said.

nige1983 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: MRDEN
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

This is simple if your friend has done this via your online account you are limited to what you can actually do in terms of getting anything back. He could access this from anywhere and as previously stated he would have had to have known your security details. If he has accessed your acct via Sky's internal systems then that is very differnet matter as Sky staff aren't allowed to access their friends or families acct and any acct they acess is footprinted with their unique user id, date and time. Try calling sky or writing to Sky Customer Relations. As previously stated hold your hands up for any wrong doings on your part this has got to go in your favour.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Finally getting somewhere!

After a phone call and e-mail from 'David' at Sky Help Centre saying that by law the member of staff has every right to do what he likes with my account because he knows the details *cough, not what the trading standards officer who's taken on my case says!*
      David informed me that Sky would be taking the investigation no further and that it was all my fault.

Today I recieved a call from a member of Sky's security team regarding the e-mail I sent to Jeremy Darroch and she and her colleague are flying in to Newcastle to meet with me next week.

Progress!!

nige1983 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: MRDEN
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

great news keep us all informed. Did they let you know if your friend (i use the term loosely!!!) upgraded you via my sky online or via skys internal systems? It lloks like the latter if they are going to all this trouble to come and see you (looks like someones getting free sky for a while lol)

Well done to Sky as well they have no control over someone logging into an account any making amendments (if he did do it on the internal systems) but they have taken this complaint very seriously.

surely your made up with this initial response from them not many companies would do this. The cost of flights etc will end up being more than the 350 you claim your owed so they have really taken this seriously

dozi is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01909
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PaulSky View Post
      If he did it internally then he will be sacked if he is still there. If he isn't there then they will still be able to see his access on your account as his details will be logged against the account access. It's not your fault that your mate knew your telephone details and name but then it's not Skys fault either if an agent goes rogue.
      Escalate it as suggested, ask them to check for your ex-mates access details on your account, tell them when he left your property so that they know that anything after that date was without your knowledge and then give them a date you would like a resolution by before you escalate this further as it is a breach of your account details and a breach of Skys' internal systems.

just to clarify in law this point - should an employee undertake within the workplace an act or acts the company through which they are employed are responsible for their actions. If Sky find that they have an employee that has gone 'rogue' then their actions are the responsibility of Sky and Sky will put in place control measures to deal with any negative impacts such actions produce. Granted there is a distinct difference between 'fault' and 'responsibility'

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast