Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Can I make liableous comments without proof?

This is a discussion on Can I make liableous comments without proof? within the General chat forums, part of the Community channel category; I have been on Connect for some time now and have given up on Sky with their appalling CS and ...

Faust is offline Banned
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Can I make liableous comments without proof?

I have been on Connect for some time now and have given up on Sky with their appalling CS and constant removed about the reasons for poor Connect speeds. I did in the end manage to speak to someone senior at Sky who admitted I had been removed to and that things aren't going to improve anytime soon. Even advised me to move to another ISP. Written letters to new BB Minister Ed Vaizey who can't even be bothered to reply - gets one of his minions from the BIS department to respond - the response is just an "aims and ambitions" type of response with a section "how to complain about your ISP".

Bottom line - Sky couldn't care less and neither can this shower that are in government either.

Package Sky Connect
      Sync speed 7120
      Normal speeds daytime - 6.8 mbps

Evening speeds after 5pm - average .75 mbps
      Very light user, browsing email etc.
      Now tend not to use until approx 22:30 most week days
      Distance from exchange 475 yards - source Sam Knows
      Congested - NO flagged Green
      Last edited by reddwarfcrew; 18-07-10 at 01:11 PM. Reason: Please refrain from making liablous remarks.

2. Advertisement
      reddwarfcrew is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Sky Connect Broadband - Are you being slowed down?

Please can members remember to refrain from using liablous statements. No matter how annoyed you are with sky, it is against forum rules to post liablous remarks. It is possible to express your feelings without such comments that risk legal action being taken against SkyUser.

For example, the word liar and lied to is liablous, but the phrase being given incorrect information isn't.

Faust is offline Banned
      Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reddwarfcrew View Post
      Please can members remember to refrain from using liablous statements. No matter how annoyed you are with sky, it is against forum rules to post liablous remarks. It is possible to express your feelings without such comments that risk legal action being taken against SkyUser.

For example, the word liar and lied to is liablous, but the phrase being given incorrect information isn't.
      If a representative of a company speaks to you over the phone and states that one has been l - - d to then backs that up with an email to the effect - Dear Mr Bloggs further to our telephone conversation, you have clearly been told things that aren't true and I can only apologise for that, then as far as I'm concerned I had every right to put in print that four letter word as I have the admission and therefore not libelous.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
      Dear Mr Bloggs further to our telephone conversation, you have clearly been told things that aren't true and I can only apologise for that
      Unfortunately, there is a difference between being lied to and not been told something that is true.

False information can be given without a person having purposely lied ( a genuine mistake, poor training are just 2 examples, but you have chosen to interpret Sky's response to be lieing).

In addition, you're right to post on these forums is at our discretion and you do not have the right to post what you wish. Of course you can set up your own forums.

This is not the first time I have had to ask you to post more appropriately. Please abide by our rules or your right to post will be revoked.

As stated, your point can be easily made without risking a liableous prosecution or making comments directly at other users who don't agree with our point of view.

Thank you for your co-operation.

Faust is offline Banned
      Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reddwarfcrew View Post
      Unfortunately, there is a difference between being lied to and not been told something that is true.

False information can be given without a person having purposely lied ( a genuine mistake, poor training are just 2 examples, but you have chosen to interpret Sky's response to be lieing).

In addition, you're right to post on these forums is at our discretion and you do not have the right to post what you wish. Of course you can set up your own forums.

This is not the first time I have had to ask you to post more appropriately. Please abide by our rules or your right to post will be revoked.

As stated, your point can be easily made without risking a liableous prosecution or making comments directly at other users who don't agree with our point of view.

Thank you for your co-operation.
      Hmm! now let me see - a Sky executive speaks directly to me over the phone and says "look Mr Bloggs I can only apologise for what has happened over the last six months and the information you have been given. I won't try to dress this up or insult your intelligence, clearly some of what you have been told by certain individuals is not Sky policy and not to put to fine a point on it is a complete pack of lies.

That conversation actually took place so if you wish to ban me suspend me or whatever for telling the truth then so be it but please don't make out that I am in the wrong. I am merely reporting what Sky said to me which is not the same as me interpreting it as something different.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Re: Can I make liableous comments without proof?

above posts moved from:

http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/sky-b...tml#post278996

Faust - to be clear. You are making laibleous comments without proof and just hearsay. This is against forum rules.