Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

New sky broadband offer !

This is a discussion on New sky broadband offer ! within the General chat forums, part of the Community channel category; No doubt some of you will have seen the new ad on telly for 6 months free broadband (unlimited) which ...

T1Cybernetic is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: MYSEM
      Broadband ISP: Sky Awesomeness Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

New sky broadband offer !

No doubt some of you will have seen the new ad on telly for 6 months free broadband (unlimited) which is excellent (But) the problem is this,

6 months free up to 20Mb broadband: Available to new and existing Sky TV customers in Sky’s network area only. Offer not available to existing Sky Broadband Unlimited customers or in conjunction with any other Sky offer.
      I already have broadband unlimited + talk unlimited and line rental + sky tv which means i can not take the offer Anyway, i phoned them yesterday and they told me the same thing when i asked about taking up the offer (not eligible)

So i thought if i phoned them back and had my broadband reduced to lets say sky (everyday?) do you think that would make me eligible?

Just a thought
      Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless, like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow, or it can crash! Be water, my friend. (Bruce Lee)

2. Advertisement
      evilbond is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Thanks

Re: New sky broadband offer !

I just seen this advert and was rather excited about it till i went to the sky.com/free and read what you quoted.

It's very disappointing.

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Try blagging cancellations say that you were thinking of leaving and that you saw the offer. They may offer it to you. Don't tell them to cancel though, you may regret it.
      ~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

T1Cybernetic is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: MYSEM
      Broadband ISP: Sky Awesomeness Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Thanks

Just tried the cancel trick, It didn't work After about 2 hours of phone calls to 4 different people, Basically there is nothing they can do unless i downgrade or cancel and then re subscribe within 30 days!

At which time the offer will be over (Ends on 05.02.10) Not to mention i might have no tv/phone and/or broadband for up to 30 days because of swapping packages or cancelling etc.

I think i have tried everything i can think of right now but if i think of anything else i'll be back here ranting about it
      Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless, like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow, or it can crash! Be water, my friend. (Bruce Lee)