Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

View Poll Results: will you leave due to price increase

Voters
    12. You may not vote on this poll
    • YES

4 33.33%
    • NO

2 16.67%
    • I HAVE GOT SKY TALK ALREADY

3 25.00%
    • NOT BOTHERED ABOUT INCREASE

3 25.00%
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

will you leave due to price increase

This is a discussion on will you leave due to price increase within the General chat forums, part of the Community channel category; I'm in two minds. I don't want to pay the extra for Max, but the only alternative is TalkTalk and ...

Chug a Bug is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Yes
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: none
      Thanks

Re: will you leave due to price increase

I'm in two minds. I don't want to pay the extra for Max, but the only alternative is TalkTalk and I'm not sure about their service... I know they heavily shape bittorrent traffic which is not a problem for me as I almost never use it... usenet is another matter, however. I can't seem to get a definitive answer on that. I'm already on Sky Talk and since I almost never use my landline for making calls it makes no difference to me.

Sky's LLU is definately the best BB I've ever had, so I'm reluctant to jump ship to a potentially inferior TalkTalk service.

So, I guess I'm undecided.

2. Advertisement
      dholdi is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: LCRIB
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: will you leave due to price increase

I must admit if O2 hadnt been enabled at my exchange then I would have stayed with Sky despite the increase. I wouldnt have entertained any of the other providers. Tbh if Sky had kept the cost the same then I wouldnt have left either as it is a good product, but let down by poor customer service if you are unfortunate enough to need it. I recently signed up for HD which as you all know is another 10/month to the Sky coffers so was looking at ways to save money. Its not just Sky who I've kicked into touch, but my elec/gas suppliers and in April when I am no longer under penalty to move it will also be my mortgage provider.
      Times are getting harder and I would recommend that everyone reviews their financial outgoings regularly as there are some good deals out there to be had.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12