Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Help needed about a cpu fan

This is a discussion on Help needed about a cpu fan within the General chat forums, part of the Community channel category; hi i have a cpu fan which is 70mm.the thing is which way do i re position it as it ...

paulcarrm9mx is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Help needed about a cpu fan and computer cooling

hi i have a cpu fan which is 70mm.the thing is which way do i re position it as it is now attached sticker side up and my cpu is running a 40 degrees and the heatsink is clogged up with dust which i have removed i placed to cpu fan back exactly as before but my system still shows a combined temp of

System 43c
      cpu 38c
      core 8c
      total 89c

system has fitted 1 120mm front fan,1 92mm rear fan,1 exaust side tube

the case size is a follows

15in high
      7in wide
      17in lenght

i have another case which is empty size as follows

18in high
      8in wide
      19in lenght

this has fitted 1 120mm side fan, 1 80mm rear,1 92mm front fan

on both cases the fans are as follows front intake,side exaust,rear exaust

would you recommend changing the case. if so which case would be best for a total of 30 for the biggest case in that price band

thank you
      Last edited by paulcarrm9mx; 19-12-09 at 03:13 PM.

2. Advertisement
      Chug a Bug is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Yes
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: none
      Thanks

Re: Help needed about a cpu fan

1) The CPU fan should be set to blow air down into the heatsink. In fans the air usually blows in the direction of the sticker, i.e. yours would appear to be upside down.

Cleaning out fans every so often, at least every six months, is a good idea, but as with removing anything make a note of the orientation of things and which screws go where etc before you start.

2) System will be the northbridge heatsink. These are usually passively cooled i.e theres no fan attached. That temp is actually ok, as is the CPU. The 8c one is a faulty reading unless it's in an ice cold room. No cooling fan can lower the temperature below ambient.

3) The number/size of fans is fine, and normal for a Micro ATX case which is what you have there.

The other case is a Mid sized case, and again the fans are nominal. The larger the case the better the airflow around the case, but unless you're having overheating problems I wouldn't bother changing it.

4) I certainly woudn't bother buying another case unless you're bored with your existing ones.