Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

sky CST agent

This is a discussion on sky CST agent within the General chat forums, part of the Community channel category; sparkey i do agree with Smithy99 about the : Because you are on Connect and it is suffering with capacity ...

darzo75 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: NIGGY
      Broadband ISP: Sky Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Re: sky CST agent

sparkey

i do agree with Smithy99 about the :
      Because you are on Connect and it is suffering with capacity problems, exchange congestion, traffic shaping and throttling

now i also understand that it can be frustrating most of the time plus ive heard it many may of times.
      CST would have to run numerous amounts of test like oneshot tests to confirm that and them log it to BT to investigate further.
      now untill you have the chance to come on to a base-mid-max package you will always be having this problem.
      if the log gets to BT they will try to decrease the speed that your losing out on and at least make it decent.
      sorry about that

2. Advertisement
      NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by darzo75 View Post
      Andy17

there is talk about the connection speed increasing for the MAX package customers.
      will if you put it this way if your on a connection from 1-8 mig the upstream connection will sit at 416 Kbp's that keeps the connection running smooth.
      anything from 8-16 mig the upstream connection speed will sit at 768 again to give the best connection speed.

i believe that if the speed does increase the upstream will have to increase.
      Max has an upload of 768 at the moment, even if you now get 2 meg download or even 16meg download. Stating that a user with less than 2meg would get a profile of 416 upload is just silly and of absolutely no benefit.

A user would only get a higher download speed when and if Sky upgrade their Max packages, if their line could handle it. Why would Sky improve the headline advertised speed, but then reduce the upload speeds for those with Max and less than 2 meg?
      ~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Thanks

NewsreadeR

lets say you were on the max package but only getting 2048Kbps and thats all your line could handle..
      Theres a 75 percent chance that your line will not handle 768 upstream because your line would be building a lot of CRC errors..
      don't get me wrong if your line can handle the full 768 upstream connection speed on a 2048 Kbps connection then your flying but if not the line will have to to 416 to steady the connection out

Andy17 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Woodhouse (SLWD)
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fiber Max
      Router: Sky Q Hub
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

darzo75

When i asked about the speed increasing on the max package and if the upstream speed was going to be increased, i thought i would just now include my connection stats.

ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
      Connection Speed 10239 kbps 796 kbps
      Line Attenuation 40.0 db 23.4 db
      Noise Margin 6.5 db 13.0 db

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

most off the posts on this is people that think they no what to do but there just making the issue worse
      So you are telling us that this site is no use and that people should listen to you instead.

Let me tell you this site has helped more people than you ever will. Your posts so far have only exposed your ignorance. Do you imagine that there are not others from CST posting here, all of whom have much more experience than you. Just take time to study the forum and maybe you will learn something.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

Isitme

i no some off the CST agents that are on this site so before u start running your mouth they all feel the same thats y most off them have joined.

ive had customers that have said that
      sky user said that we can put them on FAST PATH!!!
      sky user said that we can put the max delays down on a connect package..

who ever said that hasnt a clue..
      i no theres loads of good information on this site. a lot of information on this has helped me in the past and still does.
      il take it your one of these technicians that thinks they no everything and dosnt listen to anyone else.
      like the other sky agents on this site im going to try and help people that are stuck and need information, i dont no everything but il sure as hell help them

Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by darzo75 View Post
      Isitme

ive had customers that have said that

who ever said that hasnt a clue..
      There are many first line agents at Sky who don't know what FASTPATH or Max Delays are so it's not just the people here who arn't paid that may get confused.

I have also seen many cases here where Sky have either lied or at the very least fobbed off customers when clearly the problems have been with Sky and not elsewhere.

You are always going to get different opinions and soloutions to problems, even within your own department but to use that statement

"most off the posts on this is people that think they no what to do but there just making the issue worse "

which I consider not to be true is going to pee some people off.

People who have spent a lot of time helping others on Sky without pay, unlike yourself.

It wasn't really a great way to introduce yourself now was it?

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

That's your basis for saying this
      most off the posts on this is people that think they no what to do but there just making the issue worse

As they used to say in army days " Get some in lad" before you start criticising"

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

steve16751 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: newas
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Thanks

darzo75
      Hi Darren and Welcome I am just going to ask the same Question as sparkey I have seen Actual throughputs as low as 11kbps and IP profile for your line is - 5500kbps a lot of connect Customers feel that they have been left out of the Sky circle and some think they were sold Sky Max not being told that it really is sky connect max a rebranded Bt product from easynet which was part of Bt which and now belongs to Sky.
      Because you are on Connect and it is suffering with traffic shaping and throttling that sounds more like it
      capacity problems, from Sky sales over selling the connect package and maybe some exchange congestion,We inform connect Customers to use the BT Performance Tester so it helps CST now the latest is you have a virus and until your computer is cleaned we cannot do anything I could go on and on so much has happened without shy sorry that should have read Sky giving any information on the connect package any information can only benefit Sky.

Thanks

i suppose your right and i understand from the last guys comment as well..

as well i know were your coming from there is alot of agents in all off skys departments that will fog you off or tell u information to get you off the phone and im not one to agree with that..
      and as well i no every one will have there own opinion on everything and i dont disagree with that like i said il try to help the best i can.. if anyone has any opinions on the info that im saying or any of these comments that are being said plz let me no

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast