Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sky Engineers

This is a discussion on Sky Engineers within the General chat forums, part of the Community channel category; I just had two Sky engineers installing Sky TV next door to me on a sunday of all days ! ...

davetee is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Sky Engineers

I just had two Sky engineers installing Sky TV next door to me on a sunday of all days ! I caught one of them placing a ladder up against the front of my house attempting to climb onto my roof and I stopped him. He took the ladder down and 10 mins later it was back again. I went outside and asked his colleague what they were doing on my property and whether it was usual to seek permission first....his reply was "we'll be finished in a few minutes". It was another 45 mins before they took the ladder down. I find this really incredible that total strangers seem to think they can climb all over someone's house, not to mention the noise and disturbance they caused. I'm really annoyed and feel I want to do something about it. What should I do now ? What would you do?

2. Advertisement
      Undecided Adrian is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stevenage
      Broadband ISP: BT
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Sky Engineers

I've had the council on our flat roof at 8am one morning doing something to next door's house.

Woke us up with banging on our roof, when I went out to find out what was going on, I got nothing but mouth from them.

So a phone call to the police saying I had criminal tresspassers on my house without permission. When the police came round and kicked them off, I then refused them permission and let them work out how they were to do the work without going onto my roof.

It's quite an important issue, what if they damage your property without your permission.

I'd do a formal complaint letter to Sky asking them for compensation for tresspass.
      I'm a PC, and Windows 7 Backup saved my sanity when BitDefender imploded !!!

davetee is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Thanks Adrian...I check tomorrow and see if there are any cracked tiles or guttering.

Undecided Adrian is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stevenage
      Broadband ISP: BT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

UPDATE

this morning all the neighbourhood watches and all businesses in our area (Stevenage) have been notified of a some people in a van going around nicking lead off of roofs and they were seen doing it over the weekend. (even small bits of lead flashing are being ripped out)

Apparently it is happening all over the country.

So if anybody has somebody go onto their roof without them knowing it phone the police immediately cos it could be your roof their stealing.
      I'm a PC, and Windows 7 Backup saved my sanity when BitDefender imploded !!!

krysis is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: BT
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Undecided Adrian View Post
      UPDATE

this morning all the neighbourhood watches and all businesses in our area (Stevenage) have been notified of a some people in a van going around nicking lead off of roofs and they were seen doing it over the weekend. (even small bits of lead flashing are being ripped out)

Apparently it is happening all over the country.

So if anybody has somebody go onto their roof without them knowing it phone the police immediately cos it could be your roof their stealing.
      :| Wow what some people would do! They would probably try and steal your arm if they thought you wouldn't notice...