Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Just a little Question

This is a discussion on Just a little Question within the General chat forums, part of the Community channel category; Then with great respect, if driving performance vehicles (I say vehicles, because the vehicle Hammy was driving could in no ...

john5197 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Astley Bridge
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Then with great respect, if driving performance vehicles (I say vehicles, because the vehicle Hammy was driving could in no way be described as a car) is part of viewing enjoyment of Top Gear, then surely for an accident to happen in the way it happened to Hammy should not be to unexpected, and it has surprisingly not happened sooner, but are we saying that spectators attend Motor/Motorcylcle racing events to see accidents....I suspect not

2. Advertisement
      NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries
      Hammy knew the risks, he probably was completely buzzed out with adrenalin, the thought of driving such a fast vehicle.

In an ideal world he would not have crashed, or got hurt. However we aint in an ideal world.

If it was me personnally i would rather die spectacularly then by falling down the stairs or getting run over by a Silk Cut lorry.

All people in any aspect of life take risks. Look at F1 or even horseriding, even some of the best ever F1 drivers, have died through their love of something.

If it is going to happen when your time is up, its up.

Hammy has been lucky before, unlucky this time, imho that doesnt make him any less of a person, he saw an oppurtunity and he took it.
      Last edited by NewsreadeR; 24-09-06 at 04:41 PM.
      ~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Thanks
      Blog Entries
      but are we saying that spectators attend Motor/Motorcylcle racing events to see accidents....I suspect not
      I can't answer that, but i bet the real answer is yes, someone wants to see a pile up.

You only have to look at an accident on the motorway and everyone slows down to take a look, thats human nature, the curiosity factor i suppose.
      ~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

You are absolutely on the button NewsreadeR, very few of us would ever get to see, let alone drive the eprforamce cars as per Top Gear, but, like you I really do enjoy the 'funny' bits, likle smashing caravans up, turning cars into boats etc, but to see J Clarkson esq thrashing the life out of a performance car to get an extra 1.2 seconds acceleration down the runway at whatever airport, leaves me a bit cold after about the third programme of him doing the same thing except in a diiferent car, don't get me wrong I think that Jeremy Clarkson is a very funny chap...

Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Last Post that is not how you spell performance....

Thanks
      Blog Entries
      If it was just Clarkson in the program, i would not watch it.

Most of the time their stunts are so predictable, its just a program i can relate to.

Sure the fast cars are cool, but so was the tranny van episode with the gaffa tape holding the door on, pure comedy.

Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Please do not misunderstand, I am in no way 'having a go' at Hammy for the way he drives, and most certainly not suggesting he should not have driven the vehicle he had his accident in, I think as a TV Presenter he should be given Top Gear to present, with Clarkson and James May playing second/third fiddle to him, am I wrong in thinking though that many younger drivers will try to relate to the driving skills shown on Top Gear and try to emulate them in a car that on a lot of occasions is not fit to be on the road??, not taxed/insured, and remember in Top Gear there is no one coming the other way....

Thanks
      Blog Entries
      Please do not misunderstand
      No you have asked fair questions and put a valid point of view across, i think we both agree on the items we have discussed :-)

SatDish is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Gravesend, NDGRA
      Broadband ISP: Virgin XXL 200
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Yes
      Thanks
      Blog Entries
      but are we saying that spectators attend Motor/Motorcylcle racing events to see accidents....I suspect not
      errrrr not 100% true, i used to go to Santa pod just to watch the top fuel cars explode just feet away from me, although i wouldn't want anyone to get hurt just to entertain me though (there are some exceptions lol)
      "To help would be a great adventure"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12