Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Cautionary tale!

This is a discussion on Cautionary tale! within the General chat forums, part of the Community channel category; Ordered some eau de toliette from an American firm about three weeks ago.Paid for the goods online straightaway and checked ...

StevieBoy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Reading
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Cautionary tale!

Ordered some eau de toliette from an American firm about three weeks ago.Paid for the goods online straightaway and checked that the right amount had been debited from my account.Three weeks later,yesterday, went to the hole in the wall to get some bunce and aside from the hole in the wall there was also a big hole in my account.

Therefore I would ask people to be extra careful at this time of the year when ordering online.I made sure that the 's' was showing in the http addy but obviously this did not safeguard my details.

Apparently the perpetrators were another American firm that I've never heard of (i.e. not the original one that I'd ordered through).Fortunately I just happened to check my account prior to the transaction going through and my bank has assured me that my balance will assume it's previous look by the close of play tomorrow.

However,it means that I've now got the hassle of getting a new card and PIN.Apparently it's also in the hands of the bank's fraud section.

God don't you just love these sharks.In the present climate don't catch a chill otherwise you may end up with the same shock that I did.

If this advice helps just one person from going through the same experience then this message will not have been in vain

If anybody on these forums has been through the same experience I welcome your comments.

2. Advertisement
      StevieBoy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Reading
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Cautionary tale!

BTW it wasn't eau de toliette.It was toilette and a decent one at that.