Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Can you go back to TV?

This is a discussion on Can you go back to TV? within the General chat forums, part of the Community channel category; Hi all I'm very new to Sky+ and struggling with a few things, can you help with a few questions ...

BusyDee is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0161
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Can you go back to TV?

Hi all

I'm very new to Sky+ and struggling with a few things, can you help with a few questions (hopefully they are not too dumb!).

Can you go back to view normal TV through the Sky+ box, there is a TV button on the remote. I ask this because DH likes to read Ceefax and Teletext in the old format.

When I switch on the TV before putting the Sky box on I get white snow, is this normal.

My video is no longer in the loop but I have found a page in the manual and can see that I can sort that out.

Are you able to attach both a DVD and a Video?

I have just thought of a couple of other questions but think I best take this a step at a time.

Any help is always appreciated.

Regards

2. Advertisement
      greyrider is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: O2
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Re: Can you go back to TV?

Pressing the "TV" button should switch the remote to interact with your television - the installer should have checked that it worked that way before he left you.
      Does the volume control work with your TV?
      White snow? Is your terrestrial aerial lead connected, either to the Sky box or direct to your TV? Without that being plugged in you won't get either an analogue or digital signal via the aerial - hence no picture before Sky kicks in.
      You can daisy chain a DVD player/recorder and VCR, no problem, depending on the number of Scart sockets available. You may find you have to connect the DVD direct to the TV if you have enough sockets on there, most newer sets seem to have at least two. Make sure Sky gets the first one to allow RGB.
      Last edited by greyrider; 01-03-08 at 03:23 PM. Reason: spellning

BusyDee is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0161
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Can you go back to TV?

Quote Originally Posted by greyrider View Post
      Pressing the "TV" button should switch the remote to interact with your television - the installer should have checked that it worked that way before he left you.
      Does the volume control work with your TV?
      White snow? Is your terrestrial aerial lead connected, either to the Sky box or direct to your TV? Without that being plugged in you won't get either an analogue or digital signal via the aerial - hence no picture before Sky kicks in.
      You can daisy chain a DVD player/recorder and VCR, no problem, depending on the number of Scart sockets available. You may find you have to connect the DVD direct to the TV if you have enough sockets on there, most newer sets seem to have at least two. Make sure Sky gets the first one to allow RGB.
      Many thanks for your reply and info.

Installer did not check TV and I knew no better

TV remote controlled does allow volume control.

Ha, terrestrial lead not connected, I will have a sort out and see if I can connect the video.

Thanks again, I appreciate your input.