Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Split off from another thread

This is a discussion on Split off from another thread within the General chat forums, part of the Community channel category; Originally Posted by Martin T Hopefully this is not the shape of things to come ? Sorry to say, it ...

RupertTHEbare is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: WSLES
      Broadband ISP: FAST
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Split off from another thread

Quote Originally Posted by Martin T View Post
      Hopefully this is not the shape of things to come ?
      Sorry to say, it is, most definitely -- right through until you finally decide that the aggravation is not worth the cheap(sic) broadband subscription, providing them with substantial supplementary revenue via their 0870 numbers and then having to deal with the most helpful and brilliant, technically competent people they employ.

RTB.

2. Advertisement
      richone54 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: watford
      Broadband ISP: Virgin
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Re: Not A Good Start

i would not agree, you may be forgiven for thinking sky are totaly inept at all of this (you will see a fair few posts on this forum about quite a few), but with over 8 million TV subscribers and about 1.4 million BB customers there will always be some bad experiences.
      you get the same problems with water / gas / electricity.

i would hope the original OP does not have any problems with his order, but i'm sure he will come back and let us know

Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by richone54 View Post
      i would not agree, you may be forgiven for thinking sky are totaly inept at all of this (you will see a fair few posts on this forum about quite a few), but with over 8 million TV subscribers and about 1.4 million BB customers there will always be some bad experiences.
      Take a look at "Sky Unhappiness" and then "Sky Happiness". I just did. There's 928 posts in 'Happiness' and 4,489 posts in 'Unhappiness'. What does that tell you?

It tells me that you, like me, are speaking from personal experience. You are one of the 928 and I, one of the 4,489.

But in my experience, usually, those who hold the minority view either tend not (or choose not) to see the whole picture.

RTB.
      Last edited by RupertTHEbare; 23-02-08 at 02:41 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RupertTHEbare View Post
      Take a look at "Sky Unhappiness" and then "Sky Happiness". I just did. There's 928 posts in 'Unhappiness' and 4,489 posts in 'Happiness'. What does that tell you?

that there's a lot of happy people here

Sky TV:
      Thanks

that there's a lot of happy people here
      And 4 times as many unhappy ones...

RTB.

Thanks

thats not fair, you changed your post

Sky TV:
      Thanks

thats not fair, you changed your post
      Yes I did. I made a mistake so I corrected it. Anyway, the numbers are a matter of record, as I am sure you are aware.

RTB.

Saturday is offline Sky User Super Mod
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

In the 18 months I've been active on this forum my impression is that the vast majority of customers are happy with their connection or service, though sometimes not until problems are resolved with their wiring etc. Only in a small number of cases is it down to a Sky fault. Annoying when it happens but hardly the norm.

Bearing in mind this is a SUPPORT forum, don't you think you're going to see more people posting with problems than not?

72 posts you've made so far and the majority are either hijacking threads or scattering your personal grievances and opinions all over the place - it's getting quite tedious

indefatigable is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: BB tech Support + Max
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD 2TB
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RupertTHEbare View Post
      Yes I did. I made a mistake so I corrected it. Anyway, the numbers are a matter of record, as I am sure you are aware.

RTB.
      Its a well known fact that people who are happy with a product will speak less about it than people who are unhappy with the product. This goes for everything. Take Vista for example. I think its great, had no problems with it. But all you hear is people saying how bad it is. That is because we are naturally wired to discuss things that are wrong.

Besides, as this is a support forum, why would people who have a perfectly good, working connection with no problems seek out a forum for assistance. they wouldnt, because they have no need to.

Just because the numbers on this forum show a significant difference between happy and unhappy customers, this does not give an accurate representation of the group as a whole. Its not like every Sky customer has been on this forum, and has put a tick in one of the columns.

From these numbers you provide, less than 6000 people have created posts in those two boards. And considering there are 1.4 million Sky Broadband customers, this is less than 0.04% of the total customers, if my calculations are correct. There may be others who have posted in some of the other boards, but even at that, the number is insignificant.

So how about in future, stop trolling the forum. If you have a problem, the people here are more than happy to help. If you want to bitch about Sky, do it somewhere else. This is not the place to do this. Your comments are not helping anyone.

TSx
      TSx is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I'm working for Sky and been involved in various roles in broadband, tv and phone (although at different levels), and will say this - when it works, it works well, and it's cheap. Consider this list of problems I've seen over the past 12 months or so (just with broadband)...

- Pre active cancel situation, meant some (2000 or so) customers waiting indefinitely for broadband. Raised with Sky in May 2007, and finally they deemed it important enough to fix in September 2007. They didn't tell us it was fixed, and it wasn't until October that all agents were made aware it was fixed

- Pending cancel situation, not yet completely resolved, but can take upwards of 4 weeks to get broadband working. Add in a moving home and it can take 2 months plus to get broadband transferred to your new address. Raised constantly with TM's and Sky.

- Router issues; sky's systems still cannot handle customers who've been with sky for more than 12 months requiring a router. First raised (to my knowledge) in October 2007, still not fixed but since around December, procedures have been in place to get a new router to the customer within 10 working days manually.

- Broadband subscription cancelled problem. When a TV installation visit is cancelled (even if it is for an upgrade, or because of an internal problem), the broadband is also cancelled. To get it back on can take upwards of 10+ days. Sky made aware of this around September 2007, no fix yet.

Thats all problems with the software developer, but if you can excuse those, just a few of the problems with the training and administration - all from my point of view in provisioning.

- Training for broadband makes agents spend a day doing an 'e-learning' course which is all based around TV, yet doesn't provide any information about the above issues. Result is often that agents will tell customers to call back in 2/5/10 days because they don't know what to do.

- Departments; technical support and provisioning often palm things off onto each other. It shouldn't happen [and I don't do it] but quite often issues are just passed around with no-one taking responsibility.

I could list more, but frankly its pointless. Sky is a good broadband supplier, if your connection works. If it doesn't work, then you will likely have a few issues in terms of obtaining technical support (all scripted, and absolutely no deviation is permitted), and for those even fewer who have major issues the whole system collapses.

I'm sure its the same in other companies, but I've been working in call centres for 10+ years and never had to deal with this level of inefficiency and non-responsiveness. I genuinely believe that sky want the bare minimum from broadband, to drive take-up of the TV packages.

edit: Surely with this being the Sky unhappiness forum, its exactly the place to bitch and rant about problems with Sky...
      I am not posting officially on behalf of Sky. I am posting individual thoughts and advice.
      Sky Broadband Provisioning: 08705 515 515 - Option 1, Option 1, Option 3

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast