Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up


    Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.


    Advertisement

    Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Results 31 to 36 of 36

    Split off from another thread

    This is a discussion on Split off from another thread within the General chat forums, part of the Community channel category; Originally Posted by reddwarfcrew unfortunately that is business. Trust me, I know that viewpoint only too well. However, ******* customers ...

    1. #31
      RupertTHEbare's Avatar
      RupertTHEbare is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: WSLES
      Broadband ISP: FAST
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV:
      Join Date
      Jan 2008
      Location
      Scotland
      Posts
      92
      Thanks
      0
      Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

      Re: Not A Good Start

      Quote Originally Posted by reddwarfcrew View Post
      unfortunately that is business.
      Trust me, I know that viewpoint only too well.

      However, ******* customers off in any business model is a waste of resources (profit), however you look at it.

      What I am trying to get across, is that this is not the only way this business can be managed in this respect, using the same personnel and investment levels, only implementing a pro-active escalation process (script) which seeks to avoid customer frustration and helps make satisfied, long-tern customers of those who have problems. Its just a different way of looking at the problem and focusing what they are doing on what they want to achieve, rather than letting the S H one T hit the rotating cooling device as it does at present.

      Until the competition get their act together, there is no need for sky change their model (in my opinion).
      Now there we can agree. Its a sad day indeed that Sky can actually afford to let themselves get away with this level of customer indifference. But with 21CN on the horizon, who knows what competitors lurk there! Maybe they will yet live to regret their indifference to this issue.

      RTB.


    2. Advertisement
    3. #32
      Martin T's Avatar
      Martin T is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Mannofield
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Join Date
      Feb 2008
      Location
      Aberdeen
      Posts
      34
      Thanks
      0
      Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

      Re: Not A Good Start

      Quote Originally Posted by RupertTHEbare View Post
      However, ******* customers off in any business model is a waste of resources (profit), however you look at it.
      As the person who opened a can of worms with my original post I would make a comment. First impressions are important. Get it wrong then and customers perceive that this is the service that they will always receive. I was not impressed because fundimentally Sky got the basics wrong.

      I work in an environment where I have a lot of contact with joe public and know that whatever you do there will always be the minority who are not happy.

      As a customer I don't want hassle. I just want my Sky TV set up and my Broadband connected. Fingers crossed Sky will get it right allowing my first impression of them to be consigned to history as a minor blip!

      Martin

    4. #33
      RupertTHEbare's Avatar
      RupertTHEbare is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: WSLES
      Broadband ISP: FAST
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV:
      Join Date
      Jan 2008
      Location
      Scotland
      Posts
      92
      Thanks
      0
      Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

      Re: Not A Good Start

      Quote Originally Posted by Martin T View Post
      Fingers crossed Sky will get it right allowing my first impression of them to be consigned to history as a minor blip!
      Lets hope so Martin.

      RTB.

    5. #34
      Netgeezer's Avatar
      Netgeezer is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV:
      Join Date
      Sep 2007
      Posts
      355
      Thanks
      0
      Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

      Re: Not A Good Start

      Quote Originally Posted by RupertTHEbare View Post
      Its a sad day indeed that Sky can actually afford to let themselves get away with this level of customer indifference.
      Unless you actually work for Sky you cannot possibly know what you are talking about when you make that specific statement. You are not on the inside, so you simply do not know. Sky management have a very strong customer focussed ethic originating at the very top of the tree. The entire business is based upon customer satisfaction but, like any organisation, they can get it wrong. Who, after all, can please all people all of the time? Like any organisation, they can only do what they can do while striving to make improvements as they go.

      With scripted call centre operations you are witnessing what you see in all call centres, regardless. At the lower levels (T1) the scripting is very strong as the staff there are basically bottom of the ladder. They are there to be a voice for the customer to speak with - and where the vast majority of problems can be solved.

      If your case makes it up to T2 then you are likely to be dealing with someone who is less constrained by script and actually has quite a degree of self determination. They can often resolve the more difficult issues, and the "trick" [if it must be called that] is to navigate your way past T1.

      Your last port of call is T3 where you will be dealing with much more technically proficient staff, typically engineer grade. These people are in high demand because every customer thinks they need to get to T3 first off. They do not. T3 have a lot of licence and ability to "do stuff" to help resolve your issues. They have access to line test and configure services that the lower tiers do not. And rightly so, it would be irresponsible to give T1 and T2 such access - the network would go into meltdown within weeks.

      T3 are supported by the internal technical teams who have no direct dealings with the customers. These are the core of the broadband proposition, responsible for its design, build and support.

      So you can see that there is an entire organisation at your disposal to try and deliver the goods, and remedy issues when things go wrong - which they inevitably will.

      For sure, if you believe that you can find better elsewhere then you really should give it a try. But in your particular case, based on what you say, that you are tied to BT Connect to delivery your BB then I really do not think that you will find any difference jumping to another provider. The common area of your grief will be the physical ADSL provider, and that is British Telecom who will route your traffic to your ISP - whichever you choose. So what you need to hope for is that your chosen replacement for Sky is better at giving you the support you so desire. For if they are not, if they have a less customer-focussed policy, you truly will be jumping out of the pan and into the fire.

    6. #35
      richone54's Avatar
      richone54 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: watford
      Broadband ISP: Virgin
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Join Date
      Aug 2007
      Location
      Watford
      Posts
      2,627
      Thanks
      0
      Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

      Re: Split off from another thread

      ^^^ Afaik there is now no T2 & T3, from reading other posts it would seem they are now joined and called CST

    7. #36
      Netgeezer's Avatar
      Netgeezer is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV:
      Join Date
      Sep 2007
      Posts
      355
      Thanks
      0
      Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

      Re: Split off from another thread

      You're right, of course. But whats in a name? Essentially, the flow of the trouble ticket would be the same/similar. Levels/grades of tech assigned to issues. I don't think they've flattened out the support model in anything other than name.

     

     
    Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

    Tags for this Thread

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •  
    SkyUser - Copyright © 2006-2020. SatDish and NewsreadeR | SkyUser is in no way affiliated with Sky Broadband / BSkyB
    RIPA NOTICE: NO CONSENT IS GIVEN FOR INTERCEPTION OF PAGE TRANSMISSION