Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Split off from another thread

This is a discussion on Split off from another thread within the General chat forums, part of the Community channel category; Originally Posted by Saturday In the 18 months I've been active on this forum my impression is that the vast ...

RupertTHEbare is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: WSLES
      Broadband ISP: FAST
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Not A Good Start

Quote Originally Posted by Saturday View Post
      In the 18 months I've been active on this forum my impression is that the vast majority of customers are happy with their connection or service, though sometimes not until problems are resolved with their wiring etc. Only in a small number of cases is it down to a Sky fault. Annoying when it happens but hardly the norm.
      Well you need to take off those rose colored glasses then and you'll see what is really going on. In fact, I've just read a post in here from an insider at Sky telling it exactly like it is. I suppose he is wrong too eh?

Bearing in mind this is a SUPPORT forum, don't you think you're going to see more people posting with problems than not?
      Actually, there is a grain of truth in what you write. But, as you are writing it in Sky unhappiness - Sky User - The unofficial support forum for everything Sky! you are probably, again, more wrong than you are right.

72 posts you've made so far and the majority are either hijacking threads or scattering your personal grievances and opinions all over the place - it's getting quite tedious
      Well if its tedious for you, either don't bother to log on or put me in you ignore list (that's what it is there for), as I have with already done with you...

RTB.
      Last edited by RupertTHEbare; 23-02-08 at 08:53 PM.

2. Advertisement
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by indefatigable View Post
      If you want to bitch about Sky, do it somewhere else. This is not the place to do this. Your comments are not helping anyone.
      Oh, I see, you've decided that the place to complain about Sky's useless technical support, poor router hardware/software implementation or inept customer service is NOT Sky unhappiness.

Where then is it genius?

RTB.

Brian69 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Kings Lynn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Unlimited
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Hi Rupert the bare.
      First of all I take it that you are on Sky Connect because, a) you are waiting for LLU on your exchange, or b) your exchange has run out of LLU slots. and you are waiting to be moved to Sky's network.
      As you know, Connect is a BT product re-sold by Sky, so all the poor sods who take calls for it can do is pass them on to BT. This just adds another layer of things to go wrong/get lost/ not be understood. I know that none of this is your fault, and does not excuse Sky from giving you a poor service. But the prority for sky is their own network and to pay BT as little as possible for Connect.
      I hope you get moved soon.

indefatigable is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: BB tech Support + Max
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD 2TB
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RupertTHEbare View Post
      Oh, I see, you've decided that the place to complain about Sky's useless technical support, poor router hardware/software implementation or inept customer service is NOT Sky unhappiness.

Where then is it genius?

RTB.
      Im not saying that 'Sky unhappiness' is not the place to place your comments. im saying 'Sky User' isnt the place in general. There is no need for your hatefulness here. There is a difference between complaining and bitching. You, are simply bitching.

Your comments are unstructured, unhelpful, and spiteful. This forum is for helping others, as a community, which you are not doing.

This is actually what annoys me. I work in the Sky BB technical team, and we deal with a lot of customers who get angry over nothing in some case. True, there are some problems with the service, which may take time to resolve, but 95% of the time, the customers do not want help, they want compensation.

Its always 'My broadband isn't working, I better not be charged for the downtime' I get this every day, and it is normally a temporary exchange issue. But I have to make stupid 50p credits onto accounts, because they have been without broadband for 1 day. I mean, honestly, you would think that some people have better things to do.

If you connection is down for more than 1 day, perhaps 1 week, or 1 month, or even longer, then of course you are entitled to compensation. But that should not be your main focus. It should be getting the problem resolved. If this requires investigation, there should be co-operation between customer and tech support, as there is only so much Sky can do at their end.

Forums like Sky user are exceptionally useful. They allow people who dont want to call the 'extortionate' phone lines (maximum cost is 8ppm btw, most of the time its far less, hardly extortionate) to perform the troubleshooting before they go to the phones. There are people on here who know what they are talking about, and I offer my greatest respect that they take their time to help everyone. Many Kudos to you all.

However, people who come on simply to vent their frustrations, and dont help, or dont listen to the advice that is given, are simply timewasters. They don't really care about the connection, or the service. They are just worried about money. Its a compensation nation out there, and its getting ridiculous.

Sky may have its problems, every company does. There are often advisors in every company who see what they do as a source of income, they dont care about what happens. Well i'll tell you something, I care about the job. I dont like people thinking I am crap at my Job, or that I'm not doing everything I can to fix the problem. i will often go out of the support boundaries to help customers, and I will always be putting suggestions into the higher levels as to what should be supported. So do the rest of my team.

Sorry to rant a little there, may have went off topic a bit, but they are all valid points and are related to what was said before. This is a support forum. Yes, make a complaint, not a bitching session, start a thread about it, but dont troll other peoples topics, dont simply come on to bitch, and dont ignore the advice that is given. It is all valid advice, and the people are only here to help. They dont need to be dealing with people who dont want to be helped

Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Brian69 View Post
      Hi Rupert the bare. First of all I take it that you are on Sky Connect because, a) you are waiting for LLU on your exchange, or b) your exchange has run out of LLU slots. and you are waiting to be moved to Sky's network.
      Actually I don't think there are any LLU plans for my exchange in the foreseeable future. We are so far away from civilization its not funny. If more than two of us in the village want to go on-line at the same time we have to first take extra carrots up for the donkey out behind the exchange, to get him to speed up a bit.

As you know, Connect is a BT product re-sold by Sky, so all the poor sods who take calls for it can do is pass them on to BT.
      But it is Sky that takes the money from me, quite a lot of money each month as it happens. They don't pass the issues on to BT because they do not know how to handle them, technically, and because they bought a wholesale product with a minimum SLA from them.

To add insult to injury, you will read elsewhere that Sky's agents are scripted very strictly by people who know the score and have designed it that way. They are effectively prevented from helping you on occasions.

Its a stripped down service and if it works for you, OK, but if you get into trouble, god help you. Generally speaking, from what I read here and from my own experience, Sky won't.

I hope you get moved soon.
      Thanks, but I've moved myself.

I'll be moving to FAST on Thursday. I've already promised elsewhere to pop back and tell you how it goes.

RTB.
      Last edited by RupertTHEbare; 23-02-08 at 10:40 PM.

Sky TV:
      Thanks

I work in the Sky BB technical team...
      Why am I not surprised.

RTB.
      Last edited by NewsreadeR; 24-02-08 at 12:37 AM.

Brian69 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Kings Lynn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Unlimited
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

RupertTHEbare.
      I am supprised. I would have throught that the only reason anybody would be on Connect is while they wait for LLU, but never mind, so long as you are happy with your new ISP (IF you ever fancy a real rant, try BT Broadband, even the old boy's network cut's no ice with them!).
      Now to the meat of this. As it happens I did have problems with my Sky BB in the early stages, and everyone I had dealings with at all levels were both helpful and polite. I don't know what you do for a living, but there are much better ways than dealing with the abuse that is oftern the lot of call centre staff. If you keep your cool and treat the people on the other end like human beings, I find most staff will bend over backwards to help.

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Sorry to say, it is, most definitely -- right through until you finally decide that the aggravation is not worth the cheap

RTB.
      Have to say that is bad advice and not indicative of what may or not happen. Just because you are not happy or have had a bad experience, does not mean everyone else will.

I have been on Sky BB since Jan 2007 and not once have I decided the aggrevation was not worth it, once up and working. It's quite apparent from some of your posts that YOU yourself are unhappy, not everyone is though! To put a little context to this thread.

Do the maths, 1.5 million BB customers, and in comparison very few complaints.
      ~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Why am I not surprised.

RTB.
      Uncalled for, you have made your point, all over the forums.
      Last edited by NewsreadeR; 23-02-08 at 11:48 PM.
      ~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

TSx
      TSx is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

This is actually what annoys me. I work in the Sky BB technical team, and we deal with a lot of customers who get angry over nothing in some case. True, there are some problems with the service, which may take time to resolve, but 95% of the time, the customers do not want help, they want compensation.

Its always 'My broadband isn't working, I better not be charged for the downtime' I get this every day, and it is normally a temporary exchange issue. But I have to make stupid 50p credits onto accounts, because they have been without broadband for 1 day. I mean, honestly, you would think that some people have better things to do
      It's best when they are on base and say "I better not be charged while I haven't got any internet". You then point out its free and they mutter something along the lines of "yeah well..."
      I am not posting officially on behalf of Sky. I am posting individual thoughts and advice.
      Sky Broadband Provisioning: 08705 515 515 - Option 1, Option 1, Option 3

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast