Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sky is the worst company I have dealt with in my life

This is a discussion on Sky is the worst company I have dealt with in my life within the General chat forums, part of the Community channel category; No matter which service it is, whether it is Sky Broadband, TV or Telephone, the service is abysmal. I just ...

shane-smith is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Sky is the worst company I have dealt with in my life

No matter which service it is, whether it is Sky Broadband, TV or Telephone, the service is abysmal. I just can't believe their customer service can be so bad. I have just spent two months trying to sort out a problem with my telephone service. Each person passes me to someone else. I just wasted an hour on their premium rate 0870 numbers just now, being passed from person to person, or being kept on hold.

Eventually I got through to somebody who was going to again pass me onto someone else and I told them just to cancel my Sky Talk service.

Once you factor the cost of calling their 0870 numbers and the lack of knowledge of their Scottish/Indian staff compared to more professional companies, which means you are kept on the line longer or have to call back again and again, it ends up costing more than other companies Sky claim they are cheaper than.

2. Advertisement
      Postman Pat is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Leytonstone
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Sky is the worst company I have dealt with in my life

Hi i have every sympathy with you, however a small consolation i know but Bt and the like have equally bad CST.

Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shane-smith View Post
      Once you factor the cost of calling their 0870 numbers
      I have never used the 0870 number to phone Sky as there are some times cheaper local 01xx numbers that can be used instead.

PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Scottish and Indian call center? Wow, must have relocated a lot of us over night obviously By the way, unless you were talking to to sky talk cancellations when you said to cancel your service.... it won't be happening.

Undecided Adrian is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stevenage
      Broadband ISP: BT
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Although Sky are bad BT and NTHell (now Virgin) are way way worse, it seems that customer service doesn't seem to be a priority with these firms.

axemanrio is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alan b View Post
      I have never used the 0870 number to phone Sky as there are some times cheaper local 01xx numbers that can be used instead.
      Sorry to hijack your thread Shane, but can you share those numbers with us Alan? TIA!

fihart is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0207
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Like most call centre business models, you have to cut through the fone farm to someone who is paid enough to actually care. Usually this will be someone at head office.

Example 1: Argos Freeview box which produced smoke after 18 mths. Branch said that they never accepted returns outside the 1 yr "warranty" -- despite being told of Trading Standards advice that 6 yrs was usual life expectancy in law (sort of). Called Argos parent Company Press Office and asked why they were selling stuff that seemed to catch fire. Instant refund.

Example 2: Trapped in a vicious circle with British Gas engineers not turning up because they phoned before visiting (they'd been given the wrong number). Held in a queue at the fone farm and given false promises when they answered, called parent Company's Chairman's office. Sorted next day.

Sky seem quite efficient if you don't do anything they don't expect. I think they mis-sold us -- an overzealous salesman having converted an initial enquiry into a contract. When we called a few hours later to confirm that we wanted Mid package, found we already had Max. Told couldn't cancel without 14 day delay due to BT (sounded like B.S.). After complaining up the line, given equivalent discount for first year -- of course inertia meant that we stayed with the Max package next year !! When billed from date of original install appointment (engineer failed to appear having phoned when I was on the other line) we complained and billing was put forward to real connection date.

Martin4Jay is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

We still have a problems with Sky anytime on pc & sky anytime on the mobile they said they are trying to sort the problem out, well four months has gone still the same and I'm getting fed up as well. you can always try AllCustomerCareEscalation@BSkyB.com; I did get a reply two months ago, but I'm considering writing to trading standards, we pay the full package and I don't think we get treated fare.
      Cheers

Martin

D24601 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Sutton-In-Ashfield
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by axemanrio View Post
      Sorry to hijack your thread Shane, but can you share those numbers with us Alan? TIA!
      Just go to "www.saynoto0870.com" & type in sky or any other firm you want to phone, I always use it for sky
      D

RupertTHEbare is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: WSLES
      Broadband ISP: FAST
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Postman Pat View Post
      Hi i have every sympathy with you, however a small consolation i know but Bt and the like have equally bad CST.
      But where oh where do you find an ISP who puts only knowledgeable people into CST and doesn't want to charge you as if you were a major business with a large budget to spend?

I don't carry a candle for BT or any of the others, but SKY seem to specialize in hiring total numpties. Numpties who don't know just how bad the are. I assume they don't pay very much and take anyone on with a pulse and a P60.

And because SKY charges so little, the answer you get from those who should know better, is "...well what do you expect? You get what you pay for".

I figure about 20 per month for an <8Meg connection is all I should have to spend and for that I should be able to get an intelligent/knowledgeable person on the line every now and then when I need help or the local farmer tractor plows through the line.

Hopefully my PAC key will arrive within the 5 days allowed. We shall see. But then again, who do I now choose to give my 20 to?

Decisions decision...

RTB.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast