Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Will sky be the next liberty surf ?

This is a discussion on Will sky be the next liberty surf ? within the General chat forums, part of the Community channel category; Yep you are right and once you do get onto the Max package you will save even more, I was ...

Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Yep you are right and once you do get onto the Max package you will save even more, I was with Zen and am now saving 25 a month
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

2. Advertisement
      john5197 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Astley Bridge
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Sorry about that, just seemed to send itself, anyway as I was saying, saw Brother-in-law today, and mentioned Sky Broadband not being available in our area yet (we both are connected to the same exchange), he tells me he received a letter from Sky telling him it won't be available in our area for about 6 months, don't think Brother-in-law will have registered, he doesn't have a PC!!, I have both and haven't received any letter, anyone know if such a letter exists for customers on North Bolton...

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      No Problem John I just deleted it

Yes Sky do send out letters to there customers I had one months ago said more or less the same thing but my exchange was Easynet enabled just over a month ago so its possible that it could happen anytime, my advice to you would be to go to samknows.com and find your exchange and the register your email address with them to be notified when any changes happen to it thats how I found out about my exchange.
      Last edited by Wheelie; 17-09-06 at 04:12 PM. Reason: Spelling
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

john5197 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Astley Bridge
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Wor a reyt good idea Wheelie...will do right away...

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Do do tend to have these brain waves from time to time you know not that often though
      Ray

click here

Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by NewsreadeR View Post
      But then people would moan at them for not being able to signup. So they are in a catch 22 situation.
      If they did suspend new sign ups for a few weeks then I don't think to many people would complain if they just communicated with people who have registered with them. Communication plays a key part for any company and even a quick couple of lines in a e-mail explaining what is going on wouldn't go a miss.

mikey4020 is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Halfway/WSHAL
      Broadband ISP: O2 Premium (4th Aug)
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks
      Sky have people who have signed up to broadband tied to a 12 month contract which means they also have you signed up to their TV service for 12 months. I'm on Mid paying 5 a month but I also have a Sky digital subscription that costs me 21.50 a month so either way they won't really loose much money.

Assuming I don't change my TV package or upgrade any of my services Sky will get 358 from me this year a lot more than an ISP offering broadband at 15.99 a month.

bulldog is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: WNCSN
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alan b View Post
      If they did suspend new sign ups for a few weeks then I don't think to many people would complain if they just communicated with people who have registered with them. Communication plays a key part for any company and even a quick couple of lines in a e-mail explaining what is going on wouldn't go a miss.
      I have had letter from sky not about my exchange but more about SBB, I have had a good few emails keeping me updated and my area aswell.

What i think Sky should have done is rolled it out but done it by what sky package you have IE all channels first choice ect ect.
      That would have rolled it out at a good pace and stoped them looking stupid

bulldog is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: WNCSN
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mikey4020 View Post
      Sky have people who have signed up to broadband tied to a 12 month contract which means they also have you signed up to their TV service for 12 months. I'm on Mid paying 5 a month but I also have a Sky digital subscription that costs me 21.50 a month so either way they won't really loose much money.

Assuming I don't change my TV package or upgrade any of my services Sky will get 358 from me this year a lot more than an ISP offering broadband at 15.99 a month.
      But are you happy with your tv service or was you about to drop them if not then any sky customer if the net service works out must be on a winner?
      just out of interest if i decided to drop down to the minimal tv service would it affect my sbb, and pay more than 21 a month near 40
      Also if say i got the sack tomorrow and want to drop sky tv but still keep my net connection what does the contract say about that.

btw most isp would make you sign a 12 month contract bt did with me @ 29 so ask me what i would rather pay 29 or 10
      385 this year or your tv plus a different isp ? do the maths i know i will be on a winner sorry if ive misread your post but i dont see the logic.
      Last edited by bulldog; 17-09-06 at 04:41 PM.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Not really if you are a long term Sky customer getting SkyBB will make very little difference to you if you are tied to a 12 month contract for SkyBB (or at least I wouldn't have thought so anyway) and your outlay per month and since you are already paying for Sky TV the extra 5 for an ISP is saving you quite a lot of money, so comparing the total cost for Sky against the total cost of having just Sky TV and a normal ISP you would then be paying 449.88 instead of 358
      Ray

click here

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast