Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Car Park ****ers

This is a discussion on Car Park ****ers within the General chat forums, part of the Community channel category; lol so let me get this right a bad man stole someone's spot [although no doubt there was 30 spots ...

dtr44 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: halfway wshal
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Car Park ****ers

lol
      so let me get this right a bad man stole someone's spot [although no doubt there was 30 spots either side of it [soo tee hee lets have some fun and put a sticker on it [that u just happen to have in ur car just for that occasion ]]
      oh how i laughed , so anyone who parks in the parent /child spot [without afore mentioned brats is a wrong un ] so at 7 .30 in an empty car park u cant park there [or between sunrise /sunset if u dont bring the child [maybe ushould borrow one [or have an inflatable one in the back seat]
      disabled spaces are fine but because people have kids then give them priveleges
      i do object to kids screaming the shop down ,crashing about with their parents trollies while mum /dad catch up with their other buddies
      as for the sticker i would love one [just to wear on my beaver skin fur jacket right next to my i love veal badge ]

"My wife messed herself though when they came back tot he car as we were getting the kids in the car ready for leaving some few hours later. The look on his face though "amazingly lucky that you left at same time as him [and i hope your wife didn't mess your car too much
      Last edited by dtr44; 10-12-07 at 09:30 PM.

2. Advertisement
      allen is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Midlands
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by the_sky_goat View Post
      I presume you are one of those people who parks where they shouldn't then...

spoilsport.

Perhaps you should add people who use text speak in their posts....
      Especially if their spelling/punctuation is so poor that their meaning is difficult to understand!

HSNetwork is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SLRF
      Broadband ISP: Max going to O2 Pro
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

I love it when someone attempts to wind me up. Never seems to work

Obviously the place where you shop depends on how many spaces there are for parents. I mean my local store has only 12 spots, which I might add are in constant use 09:00 - 17:00. To find an empty one is a miracle, and trying to get the kids out of the car without putting a dent into the car next to yours is somehwat ackward as these days car parking spaces are designed narrower than a few decades ago. This is namely to be able to accomodate more cars = more customers = higher revenue.

Having a child is a privelege yes. Having a space to park in with a slightly wider bay is a help and not a privelege. Letting a single person with a wide load on the back end use it, now that would be seen as a privelege.

Anyway, I believe that if a person is capable of allowing a disabled person to use a wide parking space then I am sure its not too much to ask to allow parents to have an easier life also? As for the 7:30 thing, well if you mean 19:30 then well normal road traffic rules state that disabled spaces etc are only enforced between certain hours.
      Regards,

Tom (HSNetwork)

A Word of advice :-
      "Dont ever p*** of your Network/System/Server Admin. Any responsible IT Admin will know more about you than you know about yourself, just ask those that have wronged me.

How to set up Wireless on your Ipod Touch / IPhone (PDF including pictures)
      How to set up Sky Emails on your Ipod Touch / Iphone (PDF including pictures)

Thanks

so no one shops at 7.30 am then [my local 24 hours is way busy] ,secondly i always assume that the guy might have gone to pick up mrs a and son [but mrs a didint wait ,mr a returns to car seees sticker goes home murders wife for her stupidity at not waiting for him and getting a sticker from the social police ][might not happen in uk but maybe not to far fetched in america ],third local parking restrictions are not enforcible in private car parks ie tesco b&q etc which have private parking facilities and who have private car park attendants who monitor time [usually limited to 3 hours] and the use of disabled spaces [which tend to be seperate from parent /child spaces]

SKIMBLET is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: WORLE
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Ooooh, seems that I have touched a bit of a nerve with some people!!!!

Firstly I would like to say sorry for the bad word, didnt cross my mind as a bad one but there you go we are all different.

Secondly thanks everyone for adding a reply, especially the picture (posted that up already), seems we are hearing from both sides here!!

In response dtr43, i also hate kids that are not under control, but thats kids and we were all one once, long hair dont really bother me so got no plans to pick on them just yet, all I want is a parking space where I can get the kids out without denting /scratching other peoples cars.

HSNetwork, you have hit the nail on its head!!!

I have started a forum and stuff over at the site feel free to come over and join, its all in its early stages at the moment and I'm no expert so not quite as slick as this excellent site, but im hoping it will get better.

Hope to see you all over there

Skimblet

Thanks

skimblet
      i agree with your idea [although i had 2 kids and managed without p/child spaces for 18 years [maybe parent and teenagers spaces should be provided just for stroppy teens ] but i cant understand people who decide to take the law into their own hands [one poster had the great suggestion of complaining to the shop and naming and shaming the person [far better than being antagonistic and causing yourself or a loved one bladder problems or worse a heated exchange with someone who could be anything or anyone ]

SKIMBLET is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: WORLE
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

dtr43,

Im glad you agree with the idea, although I would like to point out that I am not advocating any form of confrontation or taking law into own hands sort of stuff, after all I am not good old Dubya Bush, if that was the case I would suggest wiping them all out via some kind of long term military campaign.

In this modern age of technology with camera phones and such like, its fairly easy to just grab a quick snap and upload it, without having to talk/touch/look at anyone in a slightly menacing way.

I know the Internet is a big old place, but there may be a small minute chance that the owner of a vehicle posted may look at the site, recognise themself and feel some kind of remorse and never do it again, until the day they have children (if they are allowed to breed) or somehow gain a disability that they never had before. Long shot I know but what the heck worth a try.

Thanks

it would show the kids a good example m8 [along with speeding ,crossing lanes ,overtaking etc which i have no doubts most people [and especially parents with kids in the back who are intent on armageddon 3 have done at one time or other ]my point is that as a privelege it is open to abuse but the same people who complain about it will be the same people who ,speed etc with their precious cargo on board [and b4 anyone starts if u drive i would bet you have went over the speed limit ,or done some dangerous act behind the wheel maybe even conceived the precious one in the car ]

Thanks
      Blog Entries

To be honest in short, with them being a private car park the owners should be able to enforce what ever rule they please.

Take the local Netto's as an example. They printed parking tickets at 11 in the morning but next to the heading Expiry it had printed 18:00. To te normal Joe this would mean that you had 7 hours worth of parking and soon found when they got back tot he car 1 hour 10 minutes later they had a ticket on their car.
      When disputed they were advised that the actual expiry time was printed at the bottom of the ticket in small numbers which to be perfectly honest are not clear or easily spotted unless you searched for it.

And again at the same store the sign said, any parking vouchers need to be redeemed the same day with a single shop of over 3. I had a ticket from earlier that day and the car was now in a different car park, but was told they could not honour it as it needed to be redeemed within the same hour despite what the signs clearly outlined.

So in essence the same should go for parking spaces. If no ticket is bought you get a fine, if parking in a disabled spot you get a fine and so on.
      Im by no means perfect and will never claim to be. I park at morrisons and dont bother getting a ticket, but then I only need 15 minutes to get the stuff I need and I know they allow 20 minutes grace. And I also do park in a parent space at night at asda when there are hardly any cars around.

Quote Originally Posted by dtr43
      although i had 2 kids and managed without p/child spaces for 18 years
      As I mentioned before, parking spaces used to be naturally larger back in those days and back in those days you didnt have 7 4x4 measuring 6 foot 6 inches wide per every 3 standard hatchback. When caught between 2 4x4's I have found there to be very little space to open the door in, forget getting a child in.

Anyway, as ever and with every topic, everyone has a view point and their own beliefs, thos voiced by me are simply my own.
      Regards,

Tom (HSNetwork)

"Dont ever p*** of your Network/System/Server Admin. Any responsible IT Admin will know more about you than you know about yourself, just ask those that have wronged me.

Thanks
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dtr43
      if u drive i would bet you have went over the speed limit ,or done some dangerous act behind the wheel maybe even conceived the precious one in the car
      lol Loved the last bit. However much it may be exciting it had never occured to me lol. But yes I am one thats guilty of going over the limit, but then what living soul that drives a vehical on this planet has not? No one can honestly put their hand on heart and say they have never gone over.
      Regards,

Tom (HSNetwork)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast