Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sky Technical support

This is a discussion on Sky Technical support within the General chat forums, part of the Community channel category; I'm sick of tiered of Sky Technical support been waiting for a month now to get our skybymobile and sky ...

Martin4Jay is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Sky Technical support

I'm sick of tiered of Sky Technical support been waiting for a month now to get our skybymobile and sky anytime to work properly they rang on Friday at 7pm we just started to eat our meal so he said they would ring at 7.30pm on Saturday but no one rang this can be so frustrating we have rang many occasions with no help.
      They will probably ring my wife when she is out just wish they would ring the time we arranged
      Cheers
      Martin

2. Advertisement
      Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Sky Technical support

To be honest even though I hate phone calls when I am eating I would probably have took the call simply because when companies say that they will call you back they very rarely do in my experience.

pscocoa is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0127632742
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagemcom 2304n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Yes I can confirm they are dreadful - have terminated my home account and will probably do same with my parents - thankfully I do not use that one too much these days

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alan b View Post
      To be honest even though I hate phone calls when I am eating I would probably have took the call simply because when companies say that they will call you back they very rarely do in my experience.
      I couldn't agree more but with my wife permanently in a wheelchair with a tray on her lap can be a little difficult to do something on the computer and as she has to take certain medication at certain times with food.
      Oh Well we will have to be more patent.
      cheers

jonny1st is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

have u any idea how small the outbound teams are for sky and how many customer's are in a queue for contact? If ur bank called u and told u, they found you were owed a thousand pounds would u put down ur fork?

U've got to remember that callbacks are arranged with customers every 15 or so minutes. Should they then wait on u hand and foot and call u at 4:44:34pm on a saturday that is a prime number date in the month??? No.

Sky is a large company and usually the callback will give more information or resolution to the issue so perhaps let the dinner get a little cold and deal with the issue u firstly got so riled about on that soggy monday night when the advisor that you talked to was given so much grief because u were so desperate to get the broadband fixed (or maybe perhaps this time the dinner tastes good??)
      It doesn't get better than this band lol

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jonny1st View Post
      have u any idea how small the outbound teams are
      U've got to remember that callbacks are arranged with customers every 15 or so minutes. Should they then wait on u hand and foot and call u at 4:44:34pm on a saturday that is a prime number date in the month??? No.
      Then I thought when you pay for the full package of Sky we thought were supposed to get 100% service from Sky.
      Cheers
      Last edited by Saturday; 28-11-07 at 05:32 PM. Reason: Fixed broken quote

Saturday is offline Sky User Super Mod
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks

@jonny1st

I don't know how long you've been a CSA but maybe it's too long

Your job is to help customers. A customer's job is not to understand that you have a small team (or whatever) or stop what they're doing just because they got lucky and you had time to phone them at a time that suited you.

In this case a call was made at an inconvenient time to the customer. That's OK - these things happen. Then a callback was promised at an agreed time. That didn't happen - that's not OK.

Thanks

Following my email to SKY cancelling my account after 13/14 years I received the following

"Thank you for your email to Sky Television regarding your sky account.
      Firstly, please accept my most sincere apologies for what, as outlined in your communication appears to be an unacceptable standard of customer service.

Please be assured your experience is by no means an accurate reflection of the high standard of efficiency and professionalism we seek to provide to all our customers.

I was concerned to learn of the problems you have encountered recently, in particular, the lack of consideration and assistance you were given when you contacted us. I'm sorry that we let you down.

I will not attempt to justify the unsatisfactory customer service you received from various Sky representatives recently. Suffice to say that we clearly failed you as a valued subscriber, and I very much regret that the matter was not dealt with in a more sympathetic manner when you contacted our Subscriber Management Centre.

However, your experiences will be used to help us address some obvious training needs with the objective of ensuring such circumstances cannot reoccur. I am therefore, most grateful that you have taken the time to write to bring these matters to our attention.

Nonetheless, I am disappointed to see that you have decided to go ahead and cancel your account with us.

I can advise that we try to offer an email service which is quicker and just as reliable for our customers and should you wish to reactivate your account I would be willing to offer you one months free viewing on your account and change your viewing package to the one that you require.

Please respond to this email with your decision where we will take the necessary action.

Or should you require any further information in the meantime then please do not hesitate to contact us further at the above email address. "

There is no way that MARTIN4JAY should have the hassle especially in the particular circumstances - I would get on the email within the Sky.com system.

I have still terminated as the offer is derisory and in fact with free view I do not really need SKY anymore with the reduced quality and never ending repeats on all channels. I did point out in my reply also that you cannot downgrade your account online and you cannot terminate - which is why I had to spend best part of 40 minutes on the phone to cancel after trying to downgrade.

Reassess whetber 40 to 60 (500 to 700 pa) is worth it!! BBC and ITV are improving significantly - SKY are just too big and too arrogant!!

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Many thanks pscocoa we will do that do you have a name of person we can send it to?
      Cheers
      Martin
      Last edited by Saturday; 29-11-07 at 01:18 PM. Reason: Removed full quote of preceding post

Thanks

This was the email address - I have some names but not sure if I should put them on open forum - perhaps we should try and resolve this by a pm - I will be travelling til monday from tonight though but will sort out next week - in the meantime just try customer relations at that address

MYSKY [mysky@bskyb.com]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast