Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

LG's Viewty v. iPhone

This is a discussion on LG's Viewty v. iPhone within the General chat forums, part of the Community channel category; I'm tempted bt the Treo 750 Unlocked from Ireland. These have been going for between 130 and 160. Find Palm ...

murdock is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: LG's Viewty v. iPhone

I'm tempted bt the Treo 750 Unlocked from Ireland.
      These have been going for between 130 and 160.

Find Palm Treo 750 SmartPhone Unlocked Bluetooth Email NEW on eBay within, PDAs, Computing (end time 21-Nov-07 19:26:40 GMT)

Any experience with the company (Luzern Tech)
      or the phone?
      Last edited by murdock; 19-11-07 at 03:34 PM. Reason: revised- new link

2. Advertisement
      forcedinduction666 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I've got the LG and so far - I reasonably happy with it. It's no Iphone, but then again it was never pitched as one and it's not going to cost me 600 over the next 12 months. I picked it up for 59.99 and 30 per month on a twelve month contract with 200 mins and 400 text.

Overall - very nice but some annoyances on O2. Firstly O2 have seen fit to remove the functionality to upload videos straight to you tube...god knows why. Then they have plonked an "O2" icon on the "home page" of the phone. Grrrr. I partly bought this phone because of the aesthetics of the full screen and the minimal buttons and longer term (with broader community support) for nice wallpapers, flash animated themes etc etc. The unremovable O2 button is a really poorly through through solution. It's just plain ugly and whilst I understand that they are wanting the users to click through and use the online services, the button could have nicer designed to intergrate with the LG interface. Very annoying and as soon as I can find a place that will do de-branding and unlocking, I'm there. Biggest annoyance for me (although i didn't think I'd miss it when I bought it) was not having wi-fi so that when I'm at home data is free. I used to have it on my O2 XDA Mini-S and I didn't realise how much I'd miss it.

Some things it does very well...screen is great, very bright and clear. Music player is good quality, but is perhaps missing an EQ and the headphone volume was a little quiet but that's probably good for your ears. The HSDPA (when you can recieve the signal) is very quick and makes mobile internet quite useable for a change. The camera in good daylight conditions is very good indeed. In low light - not so good. The video camera in low light is fine, but the stills camera is garbage. The really nice feature for the video camera is the 120fps mode which allows for slow motion - but with each frame having half the exposure the lighting conditions have to be very good as each frame is half as bright. Maybe I have a setting wrong....Build quality is lovely - with a metal frame instead of the prada's tacky plasticky feel. Has a nice weight and proportions too.

In summary - it's not an Iphone - that's for sure. But it is a very nice touch screen phone. Over time, if LG can do a bit to support the community and release theme creators and some more games are specifically written for it, then it might stand a good chance of a healthy survival. I think if LG is serious about supporting this phone with a few firmware upgrades and tweaks it could be a very nice - very affordable option for people who want an alternative to something like the Prada, K850 or the W960 (when it comes out). But it's not up against the Iphone in my view(ty).

skycaptain is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Kingsland Green
      Broadband ISP: o2 Premium
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

does the viewty play streamed content in full screen like the way it does with saved divx files in memory?

skycaptain is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Kingsland Green
      Broadband ISP: o2 Premium
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by skycaptain View Post
      does the viewty play streamed content in full screen like the way it does with saved divx files in memory?
      okay, are there any viewty users on this forum?

forcedinduction666 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by skycaptain View Post
      okay, are there any viewty users on this forum?
      MyGreatPhone.com presents KU990.co.uk | Home | LG KU990 Viewty, T-Mobile KU990 Viewty, 3 Three, u990 Viewty for hundreds of users....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

LinkBacks (?)