Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

2 Accounts, At 1 Address.

This is a discussion on 2 Accounts, At 1 Address. within the General chat forums, part of the Community channel category; Hi All, Just tried to sign up to See, Speak & Surf and been denied. I'll Copy and paste my ...

upmg is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

2 Accounts, At 1 Address.

Hi All,
      Just tried to sign up to See, Speak & Surf and been denied. I'll Copy and paste my email to Sky so you can all get a gist of what I mean.

Hello, I am writing to you to inquire further and complain about a recent order that failed when calling your order line on: 08708 501 894. I will explain my situation so you can fully understand my problem.

Basically I live with my parents, however being an adult I pay for my own telephone line and Internet. I wanted to move to sky to take advantage of an offer you have on at the moment with See, Speak & Surf. However when trying to order I was told that I cannot due to my mothers partner already having an account at this address. My mother's partner already has See, Speak & Surf so therefore there is already a dish on our house and he has a standard box.

I was told today that I cannot order Sky as well due to there being an already active account at this address. I cannot see how it is not possible for me to use another box and telephone line whilst utilizing the existing dish, or even put another one up. Sky quite happily uses 1 dish to serve several people in flats or other residential buildings where more than 1 person resides. so I cannot understand the problem.

I do not feel as if this situation was looked in to properly, the sales assistant, who I will add did seek advice from a manager, did not want to discuss the situation further and wanted me to get off his line as quick as possible.

Working in a customer service background myself when a problem arises that is out of the normal such as this, it should be treated with a little more than "We cannot do this Sir" you should really strive to try and see how this issue can be resolved for future potential customers and myself. Kind Regards Mr X
      Is the person I spoke to correct? Can this not be achieved? I even said can we not call my bedroom Flat 1 of my address lol.

Anyway Sky Replied with this on 17th

Dear X
      Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately, I am unable to locate your account with the details provided. Please contact us quoting your name, address, account number, viewing card number and any password on the account.

I look forward to receiving this information, along with your original query, to ensure a quick conclusion to this matter.

Kind regards
      Errr did they even read my email?

Any comments guy's and gals anybody else had a similar situation to this or does anyone here work for Sky? I have replied to that email asking them to re-read my email and I am unfortunately not YET a customer, if I ever will be

The only reason I wanted to join Sky knowing that we have it in the house already is the Broadband on LLU and the fact I wanted the deal with Sky Sports as my moms partner doesn't pay for it on his package.

Any comments welcome.

2. Advertisement
      Koala5 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Dunstable
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: 2 Accounts, At 1 Address.

"Computer Says No!!!" I'm not supprised. Wouldn't it work out cheaper for you to get multiroom which is 10 a month extra, run off his broadband connection and then just pay the extra for the sports. Or split the cost of the whole lot between the 2 of you which will prob work out cheaper for you both.
      Just an idea just depends on how well you get on I suppose.

upmg is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

We get on fine mate, it's the fact there are about 5 people in our house that use the Internet and maybe all at one time.

I'm not gonna get much better than 3mb on LLU anyway on my house line alone and my moms partner only has 2mb. Between us the one 2mb line wont be fast enough hence why we have 2 Internet lines anyway.

It's the Internet I was mainly signing up for as I already pay 34.99 for my Internet alone with my current ISP. So the 34 SSS, Package with Sky Sports would of been ideal for me.

Koala5 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Dunstable
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Well other options if Sky wont wear it are: Get Sky multiroom at 10+ sports. Then get broadband elsewhere, Orange do 2mb for free if you have a contact moby with them and O2 have just brought out a new one for 7 for 8mb I think again if you have contract moby with them.