Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Fed up being changed for 0870 to ring sky

This is a discussion on Fed up being changed for 0870 to ring sky within the General chat forums, part of the Community channel category; Fed up being changed for 0870 to ring sky, please sign petition to do away with theses numbers and replace ...

totalwar is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Bermonsey
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky HD T1x2
      Thanks

Fed up being changed for 0870 to ring sky

Fed up being changed for 0870 to ring sky, please sign petition to do away with theses numbers and replace with 01 or 02.Who knows if enough people sign maybe change things for the better.This is at the 10 downing web site.

Organisations are using 0870 and 0845 numbers more and more frequently. These numbers generate revenue for them but they give the excuse that people out of their geographical region will find it cheaper to call them on these numbers. This may have been the case once upon a time, but now with many call providers giving almost free calls to 01/02 telephone numbers, it is more expensive to call the money generating numbers that companies publicise so much.
      Petition to: compel all companies and other organisations of any kind to publicise geographic telephone numbers (e.g. 01/02) in addition to any non-geographical numbers which they may already be publicising (e.g. 0845/0870).
      Last edited by totalwar; 17-09-07 at 01:06 AM.

2. Advertisement
      NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Re: Fed up being changed for 0870 to ring sky

There is a new law or similar for next year.

We were tipped off that Sky are looking at a new format whereby the maximum charge would be say 5p.

http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/sky-n...0-numbers.html
      ~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewsreadeR View Post
      There is a new law or similar for next year.

We were tipped off that Sky are looking at a new format whereby the maximum charge would be say 5p.

http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/sky-n...0-numbers.html

Nice good news but there still no harm in still signing up to it as it has not happened yet and if enough signup and the bigwigs of sky see how many signing.May pushed them stiil to go ahead with.

Thanks
      Blog Entries

If Sky did this, it would be a major milestone and a kick in the teeth for many an ISP.

Sky have major problems with:

1) Customer support issues procedures / training
      2) Gamers / pings
      3) Delayed routers

All of the above are the most complained about subjects on here. If they really wanted to be the best, these are the areas that they need to improve on.

I have to agree, an 0870 number for any company puts me off ringing them, unless I have to, but then again, I would guarantee an awful lot of customers do ring Sky. To make blatant profits off genuine people who need help, imho is totally wrong. However people would rather have "It working" and worry about their phone bill later, THAT, has to be wrong! It should work, or cost very little to get it sorted.

Sky do read these forums and tbh probably do take notice, the only thing in our favour, the more members that sign up to SkyUser, means Sky have to take notice more quickly. A few hundred members would make no difference, a few thousand, definitely.

Although fundamentally, Sky are offering great value for money, they could always improve. Drop the 0870 numbers and be confident that you can support what you sell Sky!
      ~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Thanks

Why just for broadband, should be the same for any problems with sky.

I know of a ISP's doing a free phone number for tec support,sales and so on and a support forum for there members and it is only 5 more then sky charge for sky max.Sky have much deeper pockets and are very greedy.

Thanks
      Blog Entries

Cannot disagree, all Sky would need to do, (my suggestion Copyright SkyUser) is to use one day's income from the 0870 numbers to pay for one member of staff (per year) to surf these forums.

That person, could then answer the common queries, dish out advice, give STRAIGHT answers, and Sky would still be quids in, as well as many happy customers.

People nowadays turn to the net for answers, as an alternative, so positive, definitive answers could be given out by just one person.

To me the 0870 number is wrong - especially for support, but I cannot change it on my own, and so bringing it to light, like you have done in this thread and that petition, is the only way that we the customers can get HUGE companies to take notice.

SimpleRules is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

How many people are honestly that annoyed? To be honest, I hate petitions and don't think Downing Street has any right to be meddling with Sky's workings - but then again, I doubt they would, remember who owns Sky and UK politics

If you're annoyed enough to sign a petition but not enough to leave Sky out of protest, it can't be that big of a deal?

I suggest leaving any company you dislike, don't buy their products etc.

The truth is most people would say "Well Sky are the cheapest", and they are - perhaps why they charge?

If you want huge companies to notice, take your money ... vote with your feet.

This petition might aswell be "petition companies to stop making profits and have everything be free", they have a right to charge for a service, end of. I'm fed up of paying for everything, I really wish it could all be free - but, can't happen.

----

Live chat would be good or one of the "callback" schemes like Amazon, but its not that important to me - I'd quite honestly rather pay 10 a month and not be subsidizing phone calls from people whose router won't plug into their television.

Also, how many more idiotic calls would Sky receive if they were free? The cost does act as a way of keeping the bad calls out.
      Last edited by SimpleRules; 17-09-07 at 05:09 AM.

Thanks

Here some cheaper numbers to phone sky with but only work during office hours.

01506831781 - Customer Service
      01506831783 - Customer Service
      01506831785 - Customer Serivce
      01506831786 - Engineer enquiries

I have contact sky via these numbers be firm but polite they all work for me and they alway transfer to the relevant department.

Got some more votes keep them coming cheers.

Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

I have used the 01506 number a few times myself, you do end up in the wrong place usually but they will transfer you to the correct department and it saves having to use the 0870 rip off numbers.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by totalwar View Post
      Here some cheaper numbers to phone sky with but only work during office hours.

01506831781 - Customer Service
      01506831783 - Customer Service
      01506831785 - Customer Serivce
      01506831786 - Engineer enquiries

I have contact sky via these numbers be firm but polite they all work for me and they alway transfer to the relevant department.

Got some more votes keep them coming cheers.
      They blocked the above numbers now so do not work anymore sorry.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast