Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

HD / Freeview TV Standby Light ?

This is a discussion on HD / Freeview TV Standby Light ? within the General chat forums, part of the Community channel category; I have just purchased a Goodmans HD Ready 32 Freeview widescreen LCD TV (LD3261HDFVT). And I am very impressed with ...

rickflair is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01293
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

HD / Freeview TV Standby Light ?

I have just purchased a Goodmans HD Ready 32 Freeview widescreen LCD TV (LD3261HDFVT). And I am very impressed with it however could someone answer a couple of questions for me?

1) The Red standby light. Are these type of sets designed to be left in the Standby mode all the time due to the fact that there is an onboard Freeview Receiver & it may require updates etc?
      (Normally an ordinary TV would be taken out of Standby (Red Light Off) overnight or if it was going to be off for a long period of Time)
      Normally as well a Freeview Box or Sky Box would be left on all the time.

2) The Standby Light was flashing for half a minute this morning and then went back to permanent. Is this doing a Software check etc?

2. Advertisement
      penrhyn is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Long Eaton
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD 1TB Box
      Thanks

Re: HD / Freeview TV Standby Light ?

Can't say why you stdby light was flashing this morning.
      However if it were me I'd turn the set off overnight, downloads of new freeview software a fairly rare, you can check for upcoming ones here, Digital TV Group | Retailers and Installers | Engineering Channel Download Schedule

Mind you don't believe all the hype about saving the planet by turning off the TV, modern sets consume less than a watt on standby.