Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Breaking a contract

This is a discussion on Breaking a contract within the General chat forums, part of the Community channel category; Ok, thought this was the most suitable forum for what I'm going to ask. I'm only one month into my ...

Kaz
      Kaz is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Breaking a contract

Ok, thought this was the most suitable forum for what I'm going to ask.

I'm only one month into my Sky contract but circumstances at home have changed for the worse. I have a phone bill I cannot pay & after taking other debts into consideration, I cannot justify having Sky tv or BB. BB on it's own at a tenner a month, I could as I don't smoke or anything but, obviously I have to have the tv & the phone as well.

So, my question is, if I break my contract, how much will I be liable for?

And please, no comments about how I should have thought of this before, things are beyond my control & I just need a little bit of help. I really do not want to get rid of the Internet but I have no choice .

2. Advertisement
      prosser13 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Breaking a contract

I'm not sure how it is with Sky, but with my phone contract I know if I wanted to cancel I'd have to pay off the full cost remaining - so cost * number of months remaining

Kaz
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by prosser13 View Post
      I'm not sure how it is with Sky, but with my phone contract I know if I wanted to cancel I'd have to pay off the full cost remaining - so cost * number of months remaining
      Yep, I thought it would be something like that. I'm doing everything I can to keep it, it really is as a last resort.
      Thanks for replying.

acoolwelshbloke is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Swansea Main
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

We have all been there, first of all you cannot have sky BB unless you subscribe to their tv service. so if your looking to keep their BB but ditch the tv then that is a no go!

You can keep the tv and get rid of the BB, but if your only one month in then your looking at getting billed 110 for the remaining term! if your looking to get rid of sky completely then you can always downgrade the tv to the min sub of 15 a month but the total they will charge you is 110 for the BB and 155 for the tv subs which totals 265!

If you had any free equiptment then they could bill you for that too!

Kaz
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by acoolwelshbloke View Post
      We have all been there, first of all you cannot have sky BB unless you subscribe to their tv service. so if your looking to keep their BB but ditch the tv then that is a no go!

You can keep the tv and get rid of the BB, but if your only one month in then your looking at getting billed 110 for the remaining term! if your looking to get rid of sky completely then you can always downgrade the tv to the min sub of 15 a month but the total they will charge you is 110 for the BB and 155 for the tv subs which totals 265!

If you had any free equiptment then they could bill you for that too!
      No, I wasn't looking to keep the BB without the tv, I know that's a no go.
      I'm already on the basic tv package. Best thing would be to get rid of the phone but obvioulsy that's a no go, no land line, no BB.

acoolwelshbloke is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Swansea Main
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I work at BT and you could always call BT and cancel the line! As you said though no BB then!

Sky broadband and any contract you have with sky has nothing to do with BT and your BT account, however once your line is disconnected by BT then your broadband is automatically removed from that line within five days!

Prob find your next sky bill will have the 110 charge on it though or 100 depending on the length of the remaining term!

A BT line has a three month minimum term so as long as you have had your BT line for three months or more then you can cancel it! You can still cancel it but BT also charge you for the minimum term!

Kaz
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by acoolwelshbloke View Post
      I work at BT and you could always call BT and cancel the line! As you said though no BB then!

Sky broadband and any contract you have with sky has nothing to do with BT and your BT account, however once your line is disconnected by BT then your broadband is automatically removed from that line within five days!

Prob find your next sky bill will have the 110 charge on it though or 100 depending on the length of the remaining term!

A BT line has a three month minimum term so as long as you have had your BT line for three months or more then you can cancel it! You can still cancel it but BT also charge you for the minimum term!
      Yeah I've been with BT about a year. I really don't want to let it go. I just migrated to Sky last month & I'm really happy with the service. I rarely go out & don't smoke so this is my pleasure & the tv is my 6 year olds.

Thanks again for the replies, hopefully I'll be able to keep it.

TSx
      TSx is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

rah wrong topic