Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Am I being conned by SKY? I am trying to reclaim monies overcharged?

This is a discussion on Am I being conned by SKY? I am trying to reclaim monies overcharged? within the General chat forums, part of the Community channel category; I AM ALSO WONDERING IF I MAY BE ONTO SOMETHING HERE??? Can anyone help, advise or have had similar problems? ...

skb*** is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Am I being conned by SKY? I am trying to reclaim monies overcharged?

I AM ALSO WONDERING IF I MAY BE ONTO SOMETHING HERE???

Can anyone help, advise or have had similar problems?

After years of problems with sky I am about to complain at the highest level and demand monies overcharged? Many of you may tell me I should have done something earlier but it has been one of those things always at the bottom of my list in a very hectic life but now I am mad and have the time!!!

A quick list of problems to give you an idea....

Have been with SKY for 15+ years

Also subscribed to the full packages - all the channels etc

TIME after TIME had problems with telephone connections. When SKY is plugged in eventually our BT line goes down - OR the SKY line goes down.

TIME and TIME again we report it to both SKY and BT. BT blame SKY and SKY blame BT!!! BT have been out - AT EVEN MORE COSTS TO US - nothing wrong - SKY have been out - NOTHING WRONG!!! Neither will accept blame or help - a constant battle....

SKY is not affected other than we cannot buy Movies via the line or go on-line with sky Interactive - not a problem for us.

Then SKY contact us telling us we are breaching our contract and are going to charge us extra.

They then do this and we go through it all again (BT and SKY) but over and over again and now constantly (SKY send us round and round in circles if we call to ask for help trying to resolve this - MORE PHONE BILLS COSTS WHEN HOLDING FOR OVER AN HOUR SOMETIMES!)

We are talking our monthly subscription usually 50+ - they have been charging us 90+ - THIS HAVE BEEN FOR YEARS THIS HAS BEEN GOING ON

(AND BEFORE ANYONE SAYS WE SHOULD HAVE SORTED OUT EARLIER - IT HAS BEEN SUCH A HEADACHE HAVE JUST LEFT AND PAID TO DEAL WITH LATER AND WE KNOW WE CAN CHANGE OVER BUT AGAIN - MORE HEADACHES TRYING TO ORGANISE AND IN AN EXTREMELY BUSY LIFE ALWAYS GETS FORGOTTEN UNTIL NOW!!!)

The strange thing is that sometimes one month all of a sudden we get charged the normal amount - at last has it all been sorted - no the next month it is back up!!! How do they figure that one out!!!

SO on talking and moaning to friends about it I was told that a similar thing happened to one particular friend but when they contacted them were advised that as long as you are out of YOUR 1ST YEAR OF CONTRACT you do not need to have a telephone line connected and you will not be charged any extra!!!!

So I called to be told... " um...er.... but you have a SKY+ box and your old normal one is upstairs so this does not apply"...!!!!!!!

But I also have other friends (I can name over 10 now) that have SKY + and or SKY normal boxes - DO NOT have their phones lines connected and have never been contacted or overcharged!!!

So how do they explain this one - am just finishing off a letter which not only complains to the highest level - I want to know why we have been penalised and no-one else has (or have they) and I want my money back.....

ARE THEY CHARGING OTHER PEOPLE AND JUST GETTING AWAY WITH IT????

And to top it all I CANCELLED THE DIRECT DEBIT TO GET TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS ONCE AND FOR ALL!!! Within 2 days of the d/d due date - I have a letter from SKY advising that they have added an extra 30+ to the account (I cancelled the d/d - it did not bounce - what if I was changing bank accounts!!) They also said that I had 14 days to PAY or my subscription would be suspended!!!!! WITHIN ANOTHER 4 DAYS - THEY SUSPENDED MY SERVICE....

AM I HITTING MY HEAD AGAINST THE WALL OR AM I ONTO SOMETHING HERE AND CAN I GET OTHER PEOPLE TO GET ON THIS AND START A SKY REVOLUTION TO GET OUR MONEY BACK!!!!!

OR AM I THE ONLY ONE....

ADVISE PLEASE - I AM FUMING!!!!!!!

2. Advertisement
      neil79 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Newcastle,Staffs
      Broadband ISP: O2
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Re: Am I being conned by SKY? I am trying to reclaim monies overcharged?

I would just threaten to cancel and if that didn't work I would cancel.