Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

It pays to read the bill !

This is a discussion on It pays to read the bill ! within the General chat forums, part of the Community channel category; Here's a little story that i hope helps somebody who like me changes from BTBB to SkyBB. I changed over ...

Ardbeggordon is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Wideopen
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: N/A
      Thanks

It pays to read the bill !

Here's a little story that i hope helps somebody who like me changes from BTBB to SkyBB. I changed over from BT on the 16th May , after doing so rang them up just to make sure that they'd cancelled (which they had ) and asked if i'd get any refund due to BT charging in advance , probably on the next bill i was told . Earlier this week knowing i was on the monthly payment plan i rang up billing to change from the 50 a month when with BB to what i thought would only be 11 a month for line rental . On MPP the lowest they could take you to was 14 a month ( to cover ourselves was the reply ) but after getting passed to another person it turned out that if i went onto quarterly Direct Debit it would only be the 33 that would be taken out , so i went for that . I was also told i would be due a refund for payments in advance but to ring back on thursday when the new bill came out and the changes to DD would have went through .
      Rang up yesterday only to get told no i wouldn't get a refund , after a long discussion the woman said the other guy had got confused about charges etc so i left it at that .....until the online bill appeared today .....
      In the Payment charges was a strange line
      Order ******
      Date Description Cost ()
      23 May Connection charge for BT Together Option 1 - The hour plan 106.37
      Total 106.37

Connection charge ?
      Off i went to the Orders Section where it stated ....
      Description Product name Quantity Cost Rental
      CEASE BTT 1 MPP E/L ON LINEBOX 1 0.0 28.07
      PROVIDE BTT 1 DD E/L ON LINEBOX 1 106.37 28.07

Straight onto the phone to BT unfortunately i got India , after getting nowhere with the original woman ( no everything is right) i got her to transfer me to a supervisor , who at first was saying i'd moved (same flat since 1988) i'd been reconnected (never been disconnected ) eventually after lots of arguing i got a refund , at first she said on the next bill , i said no in the bank , why would i want 120 refund on my bill when my next bill will be 33 ?
      So i'll wait and see if it goes in (got her name for reference !) How many others has BT charged in this way the cheeky little buggers !

One thing for sure if Sky start doing Line rental as well in the future like talk Talk i'll jump ship as quick as possible !!!!
      Sorry for the long windedness but i hope it helps someone else !

Slainte
      Gordon

2. Advertisement
      Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: It pays to read the bill !

When I moved from BT to Sky it took a month or so to get everything sorted out as not only had my BT account not been closed but they tried to bill me for another month despite the fact I was up and running with Sky. Fortuanely I had already cancelled the direct debit and it was only after doing this that BT started to sort the issue out. Firstly they said because of when I am billed and when I changed over to Sky I would owe them a few pounds which I told them I was willing to pay, next they said they actually owed me a few quid and that they would send a cheque out. A week or so later the paperwork turned up but with no cheque. A further week passed before I finally got the cheque (it was for 8 !) and I could finally draw a line under the whole issue.